Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

USFA Revolvers

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Iceberg, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I picked up a NIB consecutive numbered pair of 4 ¾” USFA Custom Competition Rodeos in 45 LC today. They have been tuned and have great trigger pulls (they included Long Hunter “Jim Finch” Certificates). The same guy I bought the Radeos from had a NIB 5 ½” USFA deluxe .22 LR SAA (Plinker) w/ an extra magnum cylinder that I also bought. It is absolutely the most beautiful SAA that I have ever handled. The case hardening is brilliant and the blue is the old Colt royal blue. I picked up all three for a few hundered dollars more than a single new Colt SAA. They all came in protective cloth bags with boxes and paperwork look right out of the 19th century, really cool.

I have not really heard much about USFA SAAs before today, but man they make quality products. Does anyone else have experience w/ USFA SAAs?

Rodeo
    rodeo8.jpg
    Plinker
    plinker4.jpg

2. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

The USFA SAA are very, very nice. Many people prefer them now to the Colts, and, as you noted, the price is right.

You'll love them.

Bob

3. jhc5

jhc5 Seattle, WA Member

I've been drooling over that Plinker model for a long time. How bout giving us a range report once you get her out? :thumbup:

4. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Willamette Valley, OR Member

No, but I'd like to! :D

Those Rodeos look really nice, and you did it the right way by going through Long Hunter. I looked into that a while ago. Good job!

I'd like to try one of their "Omni" gripped models, like the Omni-Target. I can't see ordering one to "see if I like it", though...

-- Sam

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

WHOA... those are awesome... and gorgeous! :thumbup: