JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I joined the Marines back in 1965. I trained with both the M-1 and M-14, but carried the M-16 and a 1911A1. I also have a service number and finished 20 years, so that makes me an "Old Corps Gunnery Sergeant."

joined the Marines back in 1965. I trained with both the M-1 and M-14, but carried the M-16 and a 1911A1. I also have a service number and finished 20 years, so that makes me an "Old Corps Gunnery Sergeant."

COOL! Thanks for your service Gunny. Welcome aboard.

Had this name since the birth The Internet! and it began with my love of, sports: Fishing, hunting, riding, shooting, etc. not ncy in that order. The extention of my first name and that's it! Good stories though

As a kid one of my nicknames was "Gargamel", name for the antagonist from the Smurfs cartoons in the early 1980s. Lots of forums already had "Gargamel" taken, so I transitioned to "Smurf Hunter".

"The Weapon Shops of Isher and its sequel The Weapon Makers detail the workings of Isher civilization and the adventures of Robert Hedrock, The One Immortal Man, as he keeps it in balance in the face of attempts by the Weapon Makers, who have forgotten their purpose as a permanent opposition, and the strong government of the Empress, Innelda Isher, to undermine each other. The Weapon Shops provide the populace with defensive weapons and an alternative legal system.
The Isher/Weapon Shops novels are one of the very few examples of Golden Age science fiction that explicitly discusses the right to keep and bear arms, specifically guns. Indeed, the motto of the Weapon Shops, repeated several times, is "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". Van Vogt's guns have virtually magical properties, and can only be used in self-defense.
The political philosophy of the Weapon Shops is minimalist. They will not interfere with the corrupt imperial monarchy of the Isher government, on the grounds that men always have a government of the type they deserve: no government, however bad, exists without at least the tacit consent of the governed. The mission of the Weapon Shops therefore is merely to offer single individuals the right to protect themselves with a firearm, or, in cases of fraud, access to a "Robin Hood" alternative court system that judges and awards compensation from large, imperial merchant combines to cheated individuals. Because the population has access to this alternative system of justice, the Isher government cannot take the final step toward totalitarianism.
The novel was published by Greenberg in New York in 1951. It was also published as a paperback by Ace Books and in 1969 by New English Library in the U.K."

From here: The Weapon Shops of Isher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..........another one of them books which oughtta be banned...........

Still as fresh today as it was forty years ago.

isher

SquackDaddy came about because my duck hunting buddy called me Quack Daddy in front of my daughter......who at the tender age of 3 thought he said Squack Daddy. My friend instantly thought that was funny, and ever since, I've been called SquackDaddy.

I used to work with Three other Kurts, a Curt, and a Kirk. For some reason, I was stuck with the name 'Big Kurt' (I dunno why, I'm only 6'6" and 300+ lbs.), and it was subsequently shortened to BK, and 13 is my favorite number.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top