JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is more a lesson than anything, name started as a joke in 97 or 98, then a lot of my friends online got to know me by it, so I couldn't change it without losing contact with people. D'oh.
Should see the looks when people call me "savage" or "gerbil" in public though, always good for a laugh

The name of my holsters, which derived from the first holster I ever made.

No gals in my family or women friends were pro-gun and I initially recieved a little grief from them over my decision to pack a gun. They thought it was a bit extreme and dangerous. Most were the typical scrap booking, girly, feminine shoppers type of women. So when I decided to try to make a holster for myself, I intentionally picked out pink fabric (which I don't like) and lace. The next time they gave me grief, as a joke I showed them my holster that was hidden under my skirt and told them--"see, you can still be a chick and pack a gun." They laughed... but they actually liked it.

It kinda stuck. But the cool thing is, over the course of time after teaching them some gun safety, they are now all very pro-gun and every one of them packs heat... even if it is in holsters with little flowers on them.

My profile pic?? If so, respectfully taken. That reminds me I was going to change the profile pic the other day, still need to do that.

I have this mental picture of you guest staring on Martha Stewart Living doing a segment on "ornate pistol holster decorating." perhaps a bedazler would be involved? :s0114::s0112: :s0155:

"And today on Martha Stewart living we will be barring windows and barricading doors"

I go by Marty, the 8587 are the years my kids were born. Just trying to come up with something I could remember.

You must be a way better dad than I. I can usually remember how old but too lazy to do the backwards math to get the year. Had to go to the doctor today. Receptionist asks me "what's your wife's birthday", I panic and say "please don't do this to me today!" (insurance is wife's policy) My wife hates it when I call from doctors and dentists and say "Honey, when is your birthday again!". :s0131:

I took a stab at the date and either got it right or they didn't know the difference. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice:s0087:

HAHAHA.... I just had to see the flowered holster pic!!

OK... If I start seeing Martha Stewart advertisments featuring daisied-up chick-holsters arriving in the mail, we will have PROOF that this site is being watched!! :D

Trlsmn said:
I have this mental picture of you guest staring on Martha Stewart Living doing a segment on "ornate pistol holster decorating." perhaps a bedazler would be involved?

A bedazler.... yeah that's a great idea!! Alright, alright... keep laughing. :p

Here you go--I did get a call from a magazine company asking if they could use a holster photo for one of their featured articles on the cover of their magazine. But I couldn't understand the woman very well on the phone, so I didn't hear what magazine it was--thankfully, or I might have laughed at her.
My sisters were plenty happy since they read it from time to time. It's a rather well known woman's fashion and beauty magazine.
Martha, here I come! Should be getting a call from her... any day now... ;)

Naomi Watts Marie Claire UK July 2010

http://edsfiles.us/article/girlswithguns.pdf

Salmon, Steelhead and Cutthroat. I fish this little river a bunch and some of my friends tagged me with this name years ago. My wife told me at one point that she was going to spread gravel on our bed so I would come home off the river to "spawn" once in a while. Well the name stuck,,, and now you know the rest of the story, thanks for asking!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top