JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As some others here, it's left over from a nickname I got in the military:

Took a fellow soldier blackpowder shooting, and in those days there was a bullet-lube product called "Spitpatch". Had a cartoon of a hillbilly with a muzzleloader on the front of the bottle. Partner asked why it was called "Spitpatch", and I explained that saliva was a frequently used substance for this purpose in the old days.

As young soldiers are wont to do, he made some reference to the number of girls I was running around with at the time, and speculated that I was undoubtedly finding another application for saliva and its lubricating properties.

He started calling me "Spitpatch", and did so for the entire 4 years we were in the war together, and of course eventually so did every other G.I. in our circle. He was most fond of calling it out when I'd pick up on a new girl, or leave company to be alone with one, knowing I'd have to explain it somehow to the girl.

Later, I joined the Single Action Shooting Society in its early days, signing up at a Shot Show booth they had. Requirement is to have an "alias": a name other than your own, sort of a theatrical moniker to be used when at a Cowboy match. I picked "Spitpatch", went home and started using it on their website/forum. Someone from the organization called me out on it, saying that alias had already been taken. It took me 3 months to convince them that yes, it had already been taken: by me.

ew1.jpg

A few years ago I would put away at least three or four bottles of this delicious rotgut every week (before I turned 21 and wised up). It's kind of a play on the term "Friend of Bill W." which is what twelve steppers refer to themselves as.

Bout 14 years ago...
I was big into photoshop, graphic design (yeah back in high school) and spelled things differently.

Ended up with Dyjital as digital on something and decided to use that as my user name.

Now I have a license plate that reads DYJTAL. so if you see it, give a wave.

Im a Ford Guy, names Troy, one of my many fords is an SVT..

Its my license plate now.

For a few years, different people I knew (none of whom knew each other) would call me "G.I. Joe", it was uncanny. I happened to be the only one these people had ever heard talk about shooting/training and preparedness. So naturally, in their mind they associated me with the action figure. Funny thing is, I never had a G.I. Joe growing up!

mine came about from playing the video game "left 4 dead"...

at the time 'jazz hands' was the meme du jour, and i thought, how funny would it be to blast a zombie mime, or cheesy jazz musician that had turned into a zombie..

hence zombie stump arms, so they cant even be their stereotypical iconic selves frantically waving her hands in a comedic fashion..

no, im not one of those "what if zombies attack" gun purchasers.

Mine's odd...

"**** bent on revenge the Russian army poured in to Berlin like a giant Russian fist".

I am a history buff on WW2 and I was always interested in Russian army tactics of the day.

I know......wierd :s0131:

Love history woven into a good story. Still looking for the perfect book that tells the history of the French and Russian revolutions while not being dry amd tasting like chalk.

gunfreak is not as cut and dry as it may seem. Everytime someone i know gets a gun and i see it for the first time i tell them what its is, like i'm answering a puzzle on wheel of fourtune. then there is the brass, my bro-in-law calls me a "brass w*&$%" we were watching a shoot'em up movie and i said man i would love to have all that brass. i've got issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top