JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
friends gave me this nick name. I used to be into old VW bugs a lot. Bought my first one when I was about 13. must have had about 10-12 buy the time I was 16. I biult them into offroad machines. I would go offroading with my friends in the big trucks and could outwheel them all day long in my little car.

I gave myself this name as I am actually one. I have not just a plate or a screw inside my body but rather a high-chromium, cobalt steel and titanium articulating device inside. Thus I am a cyborg... no worries though I am not from the future nor am I hear to destroy humanities future.

I've always known that I would be a chemist, from as far back as I can remember.

Clearing out my childhood home some years back, I found a box of "memories" that my mother had kept in the attic - including a note from my second-grade teacher, which said something like "I hope his interest in science continues."

I earned my Bachelor's with honors at age nineteen, my Ph.D. from Stanford five years later. I've spent the past quarter-century or so creating crystals and molecules for electromagnetic and acoustic applications. Twelve US patents.

Now I'm about 80% retired, caring for my gardens and hens when I'm not traveling the world designing materials for aerospace and medical-device applications. Or shooting holes in paper targets.

*Life is good.*

Mine is actually a name with a double meaning and alternative spelling to make it sound cool and be more unique.

Fathom: A unit of nautical measurement of depth equivalent to 6 feet. (I'm 6'0" tall)
Fathom: To comprehend, to obtain a better understanding of.

I think both of these describe me well. I always try to understand things the best I can to the point it is ridiculous to most people, but I always want to know more.

I'm a big fan of Starcraft, the RTS PC game series. One of the characters titles' is Judicator Aldaris, I always thought he was cool, and I've been using judicator as a call sign for years since.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top