Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Useful firearm accessories.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Father of four, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I started this thread to help us see what kinds of accessories are out there for our firearms.

Somethings we haven't heard of/thought of. Somethings we might know of but are unsure which ones to purchase.

Not hardware like scopes, sites, stocks, rails, and etc..

But accessories like slings, cartridge/ammo carriers, site adjusters, cleaning tools/sets and supplies, reloading sets and supplies, targets, tripods, rests, range/shooting mats, camouflaging firearms materials, paint for firearms, holsters, gun belts, ammunition belts, etc...

Which ones are more/less durable, worth/not worth the price you will pay for it, leather or not leather, etc...

Thanks everyone for your help!

2. Father of four

I am looking for a sling for my Winchester 30-30. I do not know if there even is an original sling made for it. They probably didn't come from the factory with a sling. So I found this one.

Cabela's: Triple K Military Sling

Does anyone know of a quality leather sling that would work nicely with my 30-30?

3. Father of four

I am also looking for a bullet band for my 30-30. Like this one.

Cabela's: Cabela's Rifle Bullet Band

Does anyone know of a good quality one that want wear out in just a season or two?

4. Father of four

5. Father of four

6. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Not before I mention this to the .30-30 guys.
    Best Lever acton sling in the world is the Brownell's Latigo. Slim leather, instantly adjustable for carry, shooting, or scabbard, and looks like it belongs. Quality for a lifetime.

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

you couldn't say this before i got a sling. oh well at least i will have one for my butt when i buy the new one