JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi how is it used guns are going for what you can get them for N.I.B retail ? I can go to a few shops in the area and get a new Glock with the box and the two magazines that came with it $599 for a new G21. I could see if the Pope or John Wayne owned it but come on the regular joe does not increase the value of it . It goes for all the firearms I am seeing ,a SKS is not a $600 rifle even if t is a chrome Franklin mint one that comes with a collectable plate that is guaranteed to go up in value . This is just nuts and I'm not going for the supply and demand or capitalism cop out excuse I can find at retail the same guns within reason along with the ammo. I can only see a few reasons someone wants it off the books or they could not pass a background check . What do you think ?:huh:

Asking and selling are two different issues.

Choose one (or more):

GB stupid asking prices are often just trolls.
Other times its supply and demand on hard-to-find guns: S&W Shield, for example.
In the case of S&W revolvers, my specialty, the pre-lock, pre-MIM models are regarded by many, myself included, as being of higher quality than the current offerings.

I see speciality S&W or Colts etc...etc... fetching top dollar I mean some of those are top notch and worth every penny ! I have to agree the trolls are out there looking for a easy buck along with their $1 a round Tula 223 they can keep it .

I guess I'm missing your dilemma, most of the used firearm I've seen for sale are priced fairly and often include extra mags, holsters, ammo, sight or trigger upgrades. Those that are over priced simply don't sell and the seller either lowers the price or keeps the firearm. I doubt anyone is over pricing firearm in hopes someone that can't pass a background check will buy it, why would a responsible firearm owner want to arm those expected to use a firearm for bad?. I also doubt anyone is paying a premium price to keep it off the books.

If you can buy it NIB for a price that makes you grin then do so, if the asking price seems too high on a used firearm pass on it and keep looking. It is a different world now and if you expect a well cared for used firearm to sell for half of what a new one cost those days are gone. Firearms in general hold there value well now.

Also, no tax, FFL fee, or hassle. I have walked out of my LGS because there were 2 or 3 people buying guns and the background checks were taking forever. That's worth $50 to me right there :)

Is that asking price or selling price? Did they sell or not? If not then it is not worth that to anyone. If it did sell then it is worth it to someone, just not you. There have been many times people were willing to pay a price and even calling it a great deal on something I would not even come close to paying for.

I have recently been listing a few items on GB myself. Several I listed at low or even $1 starting (true bid) and the price they sold for (by people bidding to it) even shocked me a bit.

I somewhat get what the OP is saying. There's is something odd about used gun prices. I think alot of the higher asking prices are from the forum's growth. The bigger the forum the more low ball offers I always seem it to get. So it would make sense to price your item $50-$100 more than you actually would take for it.

Sheeple pay retail and are limited to a 3 box ration of ammo from Wal Mart ! No soup for you !!!!!!

I understand the part about paying retail, because no reputable gun store charges full msrp on most guns. But why are you putting down people buying ammo? I visit a wide variety of places that sell ammo and they ALL limit the amount you can buy. This is not limited to Walmart, not that there's anything wrong with buying ammo from Walmart anyhow. Let's reserve the word "sheeple" for behavior that actually deserves it.

Well he's the guy that only pays retail, then never pays retail only sheeple do. Then he has the state bowing at his feet selling him ammo. Don't you guys know who this is? If you don't know this guy then you are all seriously missing out, it's just like OMG for teh l33t winning.

I'm glad I bought all my Glocks from Nieves with my L.E. discount !:s0155: I am also glad I buy my ammo at a discount in bulk from the state :s0155:

I didn't know that OR state sold ammo in bulk and you got a discount....Wow you are da man. Next your gonna tell me the Porsche 928 you got at a discount and it's better than the 911

Hi how is it used guns are going for what you can get them for N.I.B retail ? I can go to a few shops in the area and get a new Glock with the box and the two magazines that came with it $599 for a new G21. I could see if the Pope or John Wayne owned it but come on the regular joe does not increase the value of it . It goes for all the firearms I am seeing ,a SKS is not a $600 rifle even if t is a chrome Franklin mint one that comes with a collectable plate that is guaranteed to go up in value . This is just nuts and I'm not going for the supply and demand or capitalism cop out excuse I can find at retail the same guns within reason along with the ammo. I can only see a few reasons someone wants it off the books or they could not pass a background check . What do you think ?:huh:

Some folks want something bad enough that price isn't the primary factor in their buying. decision.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top