JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And don't forget insurance. It is sky high in comparison to other businesses, both liability and theft.
Also have to pay employees the gun shop that I go to alot the employees are not on commission they don't get anything extra for selling more guns so that makes for better service kinda they might get some sort of kick back at the end of the year but if I go and talk my a$$ off asking ? He or she is in no hurry to move to the next customer but

Lol who's in a hurry when they go to a gun shop any way I don't stop if I don't have the time because I know I might be there for awhile

you should (get your own license)you seem to have all the ansewers and know what it takes to have a license .
So when you get one please come back here and offer free transfers to everyone even if in the end it cost you 700.00 your fist year to accuire the license

What do those FFL fees drop to after the first year? I've heard they are only $50/3yrs. Is there any truth here? Problem with adding all your fees into my price is that when your fees are paid. My price stays the same or increases.

Methinks the Emperor has no clothes

Slugger .Sigmdog said it do you think this stuff just appear 's at the shop lol I kinda know something about this so here we go HAVE TO PAY EMPLOYEES HAVE TO PAY FOR PRODUCT HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING shipping is where it really gets expensive have to pay the TRUCK DRIVERS the truck driver or there company has to pay for insurance for the truck and drivers and fuel FUEL IS OUTRAGEOUS it goes on and on if you think you can go into any store and buy something that has not been on a truck plain or train LOL wake up all this cost money lots of money witch is passed to the customer little here little there

Do you have any idea how much it cost to drive a truck across the united States just fuel alone is thousand 's of dollars that's not counting pay the driver and insurance or tires so on and so on

The transfer fee 's are all government B.S. YOU DON'T LIKE THEM CHANGE YOUR GOVERNMENT THEY SIT ON THERE A$$ AND COLLECT THE MONEY MMMMMMMM CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT SOUNDS REAL GOOD NOW LOL .... REVOLUTION LOL

Maybe we should do it this way how many democrat senators and Congress men have stock in gun company 's every time they preach gun ban there stock dips but when they don't pass the bill there stock rise mmmmmmm

Do you really think these people care about gun control they don't care about anything except there power and the bottom line of the portfolios and will they retire with enough money to pay there armed guards and still be able to travel the world and spread there B.S.

Dang flat $10 transfer, that's awesome. Honestly it shouldn't be more than $20 total for a transfer and background check. Your literally just filling out paperwork. They request the check but it's not more than just a couple minutes of work on their part. There's a gun shop in my area that charges $50 if you buy a gun online and ship it to their shop, and they refuse to do private transfers altogether. My guess is though that people that list their guns for near new prices don't really want to sell them, and probably won't. Owell.

To those who live in an area that is "out of the way" shall we say it is what it is. If you only have one choice I guess you pay or travel. To me I don't much care. Figure guy started a business and if he wants to ask 50 for a transfer, well great if he can get it. Now for people like me who have dozens of choices in a reasonable drive I am of course never going to set foot in the place. If I lived in the sticks and had no choice? Well I would probably be willing to make a day trip out of going someplace else since I of course don't do this a lot. Places like this group are GREAT for stuff like this too. You have a bunch of people you get to know and they can help you avoid "bad places" and find "good places". Love that a lot. Used to be all you had to go by was word of mouth and trial and error.

Guns are a 100% hobby for me, and I just never consider them as an investment method at all. They just don't really make a great profit for the time and effort required. I usually lower my price for a quick sale if I want to get rid of guns as I'm just tired of haggling. Yeah my loss, but someone's gain. At least, I'm not ripping people off so I'm just happy with that.

Unfortunately, there are always few people who get wrong ideas and low ball as they believe I'm desperate for money. Big bubblegum for them. BTW, why not $550 Glock? It's an owner's right to decide his/her price whatever amount desired. The market will eventually dictate the price the seller really wants to sell anyway. Maybe the owner is looking for offers? I don't know and tbh I don't care. Why bother?

I too have never thought of guns as an investment but, I have long said they are a safe hobby to put money in. Decades ago when Wife would get mad at what I spent on guns I shut this down. One day I walked around pointing out some of her "hobbies". As in remember what we paid for this? What's it worth now? Then after a few examples I said pick any gun we have. I can tell you what we paid and what it would sell for today, cash in hand, and what it would sell for if you wanted to take a week or so to sell. So if some "emergency" came up all of them are worth quick cash. Some even more than I paid. None are worth a lot less even for a quick sale. So they are a lot of fun and never worth nothing. I have never in my life worn a gun out to the point I was going to throw it out. Wife's laid out a lot of cash over the years for stuff that is eventually tossed in the trash. She long ago stopped complaining. Now of course there is some common sense here. I often see some 1911 that cost's more than our cars cost. Would I love to have one? Hell yes. Could I afford it? Hell yes I could walk in and buy one today. I just don't do it. Something like that would I am sure cause her to raise an eyebrow at least. :)

What do those FFL fees drop to after the first year? I've heard they are only $50/3yrs. Is there any truth here? Problem with adding all your fees into my price is that when your fees are paid. My price stays the same or increases.

Methinks the Emperor has no clothes
Well I think you need to apply for your own FFL and offer your services for free to all buyers + you won'y have to pay all those fake hight prices or fees it will be all free just think of all the money you'll save , If a transfer fee is to hight for you then either don't buy it step up

I too have never thought of guns as an investment but, I have long said they are a safe hobby to put money in. Decades ago when Wife would get mad at what I spent on guns I shut this down. One day I walked around pointing out some of her "hobbies". As in remember what we paid for this? What's it worth now? Then after a few examples I said pick any gun we have. I can tell you what we paid and what it would sell for today, cash in hand, and what it would sell for if you wanted to take a week or so to sell. So if some "emergency" came up all of them are worth quick cash. Some even more than I paid. None are worth a lot less even for a quick sale. So they are a lot of fun and never worth nothing. I have never in my life worn a gun out to the point I was going to throw it out. Wife's laid out a lot of cash over the years for stuff that is eventually tossed in the trash. She long ago stopped complaining. Now of course there is some common sense here. I often see some 1911 that cost's more than our cars cost. Would I love to have one? Hell yes. Could I afford it? Hell yes I could walk in and buy one today. I just don't do it. Something like that would I am sure cause her to raise an eyebrow at least. :)
My guns are not a investment I will never sell one but ammo could be a investment because that's the new target for the gun control $#@!«««<<{ idiots they figure if they can't stop guns they are going after ammo

Sweet deal on a cz p10c in the classifieds right now. $460 firm! Sportsmans has the p10c for $479. So after you pay ffl transfer your above retail. I know these guns were hard to find months ago but they are more readily available now. So its not just the glock guys that do it.

Back to the original post......

Yes, people can ask anything they want for their item.

"Or best offer"? Make an offer? Haggle?

It's hard to make a reasonable offer on a $550 Glock, or a "firm" $460 p10c. The reasonable offer would be the fair price for the item. Unfortunately the seller wants to start the "haggle" and hopefully end up at an overpriced point for their benefit. Makes sense for them.

So, the only option is to make a low ball offer, and "haggle" to the fair price. This is always taken as a lowball offer, offfensive, and the "haggle" is quickly ended by the seller.

It is unfortunate that sellers might get into a predicament and need cash quick, and think they'll take nothing less than for an overpriced item. And not see it for what it really is.

I only trade, and usually try to trade up even if it's 20 dollars up, I've worked my way up from turning a 40 dollar bicycle into a 500 dollar pistol. I usually post a sell price and it's usually retail. If someone wants to buy my gun for retail I'll usually throw in a holster and some rounds and they don't have to pay tax. I think that people asking retail for their guns is what keeps guns a good investment. If everyone gave them away used then they would no longer be a good investment!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top