JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to admitt, I have sold a Glock used for the same price as a new one. I am not sure why the guy paid more for it but he was legal and he had no issues with it.
Glocks are totaly over priced on here and other boards. I think the reason is: people that are buying them are not legal to buy them. Yes they may have a carry permit but that doesn't mean they can buy a gun. If that person has a domestic violence since they got the permit NICS will decline the purchase. You/me/us, may think everyone is "legal", but think again.

If they are under a domestic violence charge/sentence the police are supposed to collect the permit as well as all weapons owned and the person is prohibited from having one in their possession.

I am not trying to end private sales, obviously I think we would all agree that gun sales private party to criminals should end. My point of this thread is finding out the "value" of owning a gun not registered to your name???? It that not PC in the gun world?? I'm as much of a gun guy as the rest of you, but I can't help but find it odd when people will overpay for a used glock or keltec that is stocked at all local shops just so it is not in their name???

Stop drinking the libtard koolaide and join the free men and women of America

---Quote (Originally by nick1980)---
I am not trying to end private sales, obviously I think we would all agree that gun sales private party to criminals should end. My point of this thread is finding out the "value" of owning a gun not registered to your name???? It that not PC in the gun world?? I'm as much of a gun guy as the rest of you, but I can't help but find it odd when people will overpay for a used glock or keltec that is stocked at all local shops just so it is not in their name???
---End Quote---

Every time I read this, it makes me more angry. The price of freedom is that some people will break the laws. But we can not, and will not govern to the lowest common denominator. I am so tired of being punished for the actions of the few. You can not legislate good behavior, period.

I hear ya, that is the worse part. It is hard for people to price things "normal" if they know they can get more. I understand how economics work but it is scary when it comes to guns and the legalities of owning one and the "value" of something being "not on the books".

Your ‘legality’ comment is disturbing.
If someone prefers to own a firearms that is not ‘on the books’ does that make them in your eyes more likely to be a criminal?
Price has no effect on the legality of purchase.
You will find that most if not all of the sellers have standards that are set to match State laws.

And you are suggesting background checks for private purchases?

Why should anyone care what others price their private property at?
Often we don’t even know why someone is selling. It may be because they are facing a
difficult financial situation and they really need the few extra bucks.
If the price puts you off, then pm an offer or just ignore it

To busy worrying about what everyone else is doing! If you do not like the price of something do not buy it, it is that simple. There are a number of reasons people buy stuff and as long as I am legal selling it, I am not gonna stand there giving someone the 9th degree on why they are buying it!

I would be OK with expanding background checks on me exercising my 2nd amendments rights the day AFTER they start doing background checks on other people's ability to exercise their 1st amendment rights. I don't see a compelling need for either but if they did we would see millions of idiots walking the streets with their mouths duct taped shut (and a lot fewer gun transactions). Is that a fair and equitable price to pay? It's not worth pondering... :)

I have found plenty of great deals here. If you Don't like the price make an offer and no one is twisting your arm or making you buy at their price just wait and you will find what your looking for at a reasonable price. As for criminals buying I like to see their CC permit before I sale no CC no sale unless I know them personally.

I don't know how it is where you live but here in OR you can walk into any gun shop any day of the week and pick up a new gen 3 glock for $499 plus $10 background. No shipping, no transfers, no waiting so that may be why people overpay there but that is no reason to overpay here.

BS... For unknown reasons I always get a 3 days wait on my background check started about 2007... I hold a CC permit in 3 states but still have to wait.

Nick - I really have an issue with your leap to assuming illegality with an "off the books" gun purchase; it's just the worst kind on conjecture - with about zero empirical evidence you're making a big leap.
My take is it's none of the government's business what guns I have. Folks really shouldn't have to have a "permit." BUT by the same token to those who have been given much (freedom) much is rightfully expected (responsibility). If a person is going to own and especially carry a gun they better take the time, effort and care to know what they are about. While it's their right I have little tolerance for a**hats with guns. BTW I've had a pistol on here VERY reasonably priced and got very few takers - the reason? CONVENIENCE. I'm in Eastern Oregon and most folks on this site are west of me. If there was a rampant problem with folks getting illegal guns through private FTF I think it would be no issue for a potential bad guy to drive this way to keep a transaction "off the books," and it ain't happening. Also we'd hear a lot more stories on this forum of guns being recovered and the original owners notified. Also - when you have the government involved in ANYTHING they will find a way to make it more expensive, inconvenient or just plain find a way to screw it up. Case in point - DON'T CALL US

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top