JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it is BS. Claiming "the guy might have hurt me because I've been hurt before" is also BS.

Consider that when Wheeler told the guy to "go away," he doesn't own the public space and he has no right to force someone in public space to go anywhere or direct their movements in anyway whatsoever.

I consider if I were in a similar situation and I sprayed someone who had yet to actually start any physical altercation and also had not yet shown any aggression other than video taping me and asking me questions, pretty sure I would be found guilty of some type of assault.

If we can spray people who are within 6ft of us out of concerns of covid, what a terrible precedent to set.

Seems to be a clear case of "mayor privilege."

Good argument.

And besides....the JUDGE in the Strickland case said that what you think (as a potential victim) doesn't matter. And, your past experience with violence (even though it appears to be moving towards that same sort of assault) doesn't matter. That was then and this is now. The actors are different. What matters is......

If I (as a JUDGE) would do the same, under the same circumstances.

Pretty lame......if you ask me. BUT if.....that is the "case law". OMG!

Yup......IMHO, the Strickland case needs to go to the SCOTUS.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....additional note: Jury trial. IMHO....the jury might just contain some real people with real world experience. Depending on a single judge. :s0123: How has he/she probably lived their life?

Ever wonder why some of the larger Police Departments conducts their disciplinary procedures as an in house matter?

BTW....a "Special Prosecutor" should be appointed. Yeah....can you/do we really trust the ones that we have currently? ;)

Last Edited:
Too many times being accosted, harangued or provoked by strangers on the street is why my wife and I don't go into Portland much at all anymore.

"I can't believe you pepper sprayed me" is perfect. Shows how fractured things are down to the level of how strangers are expected to interact in public. Our "community?" lmao There is no community when there are no community standards of behavior.

Jury trial.

Depends.

Were there bad optics in your actions, probably not a good idea to allow it to be presented to fellow citizens. Who is likely to be in the jury pool in your case? Gotta consider their ideology and political leanings... IMO cases are not decided on bare facts as they should be.

Having a judge, same risk. One would expect judges to be fair and impartial, but that is rare today. Nowadays judges advocate from the bench, and heap extra punishment on those they don't like or that they disagree with.

A lot of this.....I'd probably believe/conclude maybe......was brought upon himself. The suspect/person (or maybe, just a concerned citizen) was addressing or trying to address "his" elected Mayor. The Mayor didn't like it. So............

Excuse incoming.......

You're within my 6' safe distance.
Covid, blah, blah, blah...
Have some pepper spray (you deplorable).

Really.......even the police are thought to have a higher tolerance level when it come to confrontations. Humm.......don't like it? Don't take the job.

Remember early on with AIDS?

I once asked.......if deadly force was authorized......when someone with aids would invade my "private space" and was declaring that he/she intended to give me AIDS w/ additional spitting behavior, etc.....

YES.....what we knew then......was very limited. And so were the treatments available if you got it.

Though dying......just because you chose a job to take those people away? Yeah, don't like it.....don't join or resign now. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
.was brought upon himself.

I don't think the likes of the mayor, city council, and many potland residents see it that way. It's really hard for me, being what I believe to be a logically minded person, to understand that mind set. Nothing is "Their" fault ,always the fault of someone else.

I don't think the likes of the mayor, city council, and many potland residents see it that way. It's really hard for me, being what I believe to be a logically minded person, to understand that mind set. Nothing is "Their" fault ,always the fault of someone else.

Yeah....imagine.....trying to make an entire class of legal guns into illegal guns overnight.

But...will the people still love you? Or....is that only true for half of the people (or maybe even less)?

F@^* It....I know what's best for the Nation. Besides....I have protection (from the SS) and they will put down their lives for me. You other people don't deserve protection with firearms. Just wait until I expand this.....

Aloha, Mark

A lot of this.....I'd probably believe/conclude maybe......was brought upon himself. The suspect/person (or maybe, just a concerned citizen) was addressing or trying to address "his" elected Mayor. The Mayor didn't like it. So............

Excuse incoming.......

You're within my 6' safe distance.
Covid, blah, blah, blah...
Have some pepper spray (you deplorable).

Really.......even the police are thought to have a higher tolerance level when it come to confrontations. Humm.......don't like it? Don't take the job.

Remember early on with AIDS?

I once asked.......if deadly force was authorized......when someone with aids would invade my "private space" and was declaring that he/she intended to give me AIDS w/ additional spitting behavior, etc.....

YES.....what we knew then......was very limited. And so were the treatments available if you got it.

Though dying......just because you chose a job to take those people away? Yeah, don't like it.....don't join or resign now. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

Aloha, Mark

When the going gets tough, the puzzies resign.

Reportedly, this moron was aggressively confronting him. I'm not ok with that no matter who it is. Fricken behave like a gentleman or GTFO or get sprayed. Too damn bad.

Does Wheelies deserve what HE gets? Yes! But I wouldn't do it because it's overly rude, bordering on assault/intimidation and I'm not THAT much an azzhole.

Depends.

Were there bad optics in your actions, probably not a good idea to allow it to be presented to fellow citizens. Who is likely to be in the jury pool in your case? Gotta consider their ideology and political leanings... IMO cases are not decided on bare facts as they should be.

Having a judge, same risk. One would expect judges to be fair and impartial, but that is rare today. Nowadays judges advocate from the bench, and heap extra punishment on those they don't like or that they disagree with.

No doubt that it depends.

The pool is taken from those in the community. The people selected are suppose to be "of your peers".

OK, Ok, ok.....maybe I should just stop because it's the Portland Pool. OMG.

Eeee....gif

Yeah.....so then.....what was that about being judged by twelve instead of carried by six? Yeah, yeah.....and then in some places they don't have to all agree on a verdict.

OK.....just hope I never have to be there on trial on a Self Defense case (especially in Portland).

Just Don't Go There!

As for JUDGES....."sentencing guidelines" has taken much of what you claim out of the picture.

Aloha, Mark

When the going gets tough, the puzzies resign.

Reportedly, this moron was aggressively confronting him. I'm not ok with that no matter who it is. Fricken behave like a gentleman or GTFO or get sprayed. Too damn bad.

Does Wheelies deserve what HE gets? Yes! But I wouldn't do it because it's overly rude, bordering on assault/intimidation and I'm not THAT much an azzhole.

Do I always believe the media reports?

Perhaps a "Special Prosecutor" should investigate? And bring it to trial if it's warranted?

Rrrright......just like with all police shooting should be investigated. And not by the police dept. or DA.....cause they are systemically Pro-Police. Ha, Ha, Ha.....

Yeah....(expand that to) systemically Pro-Elected Official.

Aloha, Mark

If there had been no hypocrisy involved, I'd a given the event thumbs up, at least from what I was allowed to hear about it, which I've come to believe is most likely politically tainted. Besides the self defense hypocrisy, most of the young folk who voted for him do the same in your face things with their phone cameras expecting and getting encouragement from their peers for their rude, destructive, and I believe hateful posture, then, like him, bemoan their unfair treatment when the tables are reversed.
As an unprovoked aside; Even without hearing about the guy he was frolicking around with, that's one tavern I'll be staying out of. My weakening conservative heart just couldn't take it.
And talk about off topic; Besides the politicks of the place, their menu touts carnalized onions on their sandwiches, but they are just plain burned. Anyone can burn onions, it takes patients, maybe pride to caramelize them but hey, I guess a lot of folks don't care about quality any more.

Tear Gas Ted bringing the fight to a McMenamins near you!

A few observations:

The mayor of a city is not a private citizen like you and me. He does not get the same expectation of privacy. He asked to be held to a higher standard by running for and accepting the responsibility of being mayor and he is accountable to his constituents.

If you lock down the city and tell people to stay home and then you as mayor go out most nights, it's only reasonable to expect to be confronted.

Sexual predator and ex-mayor Sam Adams saying he tried to video the altercation but only got audio doesn't pass the smell test. It's much faster and easier to record video than audio-only on any smartphone.

If Wheeler was close enough to his car to grab a water bottle and throw it at the dude, he could have simply got in his car, closed the door, and left.

I hope we get to see the video from the person who confronted Tear Gas Ted.

Stay away tear gas ted.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads