JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Produce is handled constantly every day by millions of smelly, dirty, Covid infested Walmart customers. WASH YOUR PRODUCE!!!

Never buy meat at Walmart. I've had better meat from Grocery Outlet! And all their burger tastes like horsemeat! I buy my meat from Safeway... they have Angus and Select cuts. And the butcher will gladly grind your Chuck roast in to burger at no extra charge. I've had good meat from Freddy when we lived in Bend, but we don got that here in Podunk USA.

:p;):D

Wifey thanks you for you support!

It's the fact I like to pick my own product. What do those kids doing that job know of picking a properly marbled chuck roast for a 12 hour slow cook? Or any other meat choice, other than burger, for that matter. Produce is the other one I want to pick myself. I'm just a picky old fart. Growing my own garden for many years has a lot to do with that I imagine.

It's the fact I like to pick my own product. What do those kids doing that job know of picking a properly marbled chuck roast for a 12 hour slow cook? Or any other meat choice, other than burger, for that matter. Produce is the other one I want to pick myself. I'm just a picky old fart. Growing my own garden for many years has a lot to do with that I imagine.

Yah, we had gardens until it got to be too much work.

I bought bananas and packaged salads this morn.... can't go too wrong there! Esp since I don't eat bananas. :D

I never thought I would say this..................................

You can afford chuck roast????? :eek:

Only when it goes on at $3.48 +/- lb. That's usually at Fred's or Winco.

Take that roast and oil it up. Montreal steak seasoning, liberally, on all sides. Line a large enough baking pan/dish with enough length foil to cover roast loosely. Not air tight. Bake at lowest setting 170-180, for 12 hours. Poor man's prime rib. Slice across grain. It can be a little chewy in places, but that goes to the hash with the last of the roast.

If you've got a meat grinder you make hash after a few days, using cooked potatoes, the cubed roast and onion. Fry in a little bacon grease 'til browned on the outside.

I could show you a video of why you might not want to have a Wal Mart person (or any other delivery service) at your home with your wife while you're at work.

OMG!:eek::s0123:

HA, Ha, ha......
Sorry, but I was reminded......because I just got a new video sent to me by a "friend" looking to lift my sprits (during these CCP Virus Times). Cough, cough.....

Must be some OC in the air?

Aloha, Mark

Only when it goes on at $3.48 +/- lb. That's usually at Fred's or Winco.

Take that roast and oil it up. Montreal steak seasoning, liberally, on all sides. Line a large enough baking pan/dish with enough length foil to cover roast loosely. Not air tight. Bake at lowest setting 170-180, for 12 hours. Poor man's prime rib. Slice across grain. It can be a little chewy in places, but that goes to the hash with the last of the roast.

If you've got a meat grinder you make hash after a few days, using cooked potatoes, the cubed roast and onion. Fry in a little bacon grease 'til browned on the outside.

When I was a kid, we could afford steak...... two kinds of steak only:

1. Round steak (chewy and tough)
2. Thick sliced chuck steaks on the bbq. Pretty good steaks really. Lots of marbling. Dad put garlic salt on them and trained me how to grill them on our old fashioned charcoal grill bbq. When I got a propane grill as an adult, I never could duplicate the perfectly cooked steaks that I made with an old charcoal grill the you could raise the steak up and down for the right temp. By sight/smell/sound on an open grill.

BTW, Grocery Outlet had Ribeye steaks marked $1.50 off /pkg of 1 steak. So from $3.99 a steak down to $2.49 for a nice ribeye. I bought four pkg. :)

Well, according to the one documentary I've seen on the matter, gimps should wear masks at all times.
Since the (begins with L) is driven by fear, you'd think he'd mask up - antibodies or not. There are many other not pleasant viruses out there.

Oh, and never threaten with OC. Knowledge is defense. Perp can charge you head down and then, you are injured and the top of his head burns. What's the point? So, if you decide to use it:

1. Hold in hand, finger on button, concealed against outside of upper thigh.
2. Bring it out as if you are pointing your finger at him. Saying something like "Hey, man!" as you move distracts his attention.
3. Spray. Aim for chin.
2. Move. So bad guy loses your location and you stay out of the cloud.
3. Wait (assess).

But very few mayors have been accused of good judgment, let alone tactics.

Geeze you guys...You really want some stranger, that probably eats only frozen, fast food, or restaurants, picking your produce and meats? I hope I never get THAT old! :D

Joking. Kind of.

That is one of the things I will still walk in the place for. Milk is another. Having worked in a Dairy in another life I know how it works with the "name brand" and the store brand. So I want to get that. Same with produce or if I am buying some streak. That I am going to want to pick out myself.
For the rest of it, they can bag it and bring it to my door. :D
I am lucky enough to have a chain store on my way home from work. So for anything "fresh", meat, dairy, and such I can roll in on the way home right after they open. Almost no one other than workers in the store so its in and out.

I SOOO miss having garden fresh stuff:( Really miss eggs. Years ago when one kid moved way out in the one corner of the state there were a few farmers out there. First time out there one selling eggs. We stopped and bought some. Wife and I thought it was great. Daughter at first was not keen on them as she was not used to eggs that had any taste but, soon she took too them too!:D

Milk is another. Having worked in a Dairy in another life I know how it works with the "name brand" and the store brand. So I want to get that.

Wait, what is wrong with Great Value milk??? :eek:

I SOOO miss having garden fresh stuff:( Really miss eggs. Years ago when one kid moved way out in the one corner of the state there were a few farmers out there. First time out there one selling eggs. We stopped and bought some. Wife and I thought it was great. Daughter at first was not keen on them as she was not used to eggs that had any taste but, soon she took too them too!:D

When I was a kid, the milkman delivered our milk. But we bought our eggs just outside the neighborhood at the egg ranch. They candled them right there as you were waiting in line at the drive up. I never noticed a diff in taste. Then I found out that eggs are little unfertilized chickens that come out the south end of a hen... I was off eggs for several years. Same with when a friend of the folk chopped some live chickens for dinner. Uh unh! Not this kid!!!

After I got out of the service and moved to Union OR, I had a place on the edge of town with an acre of property, a corral and horse barn, a sheep pen, and a chicken coop. Bought some hens, a rooster, and some banty chickens. Fed them cracked corn, cracked wheat, and let them run in our 100x60 garden picking bugs. The egg yolks were dark and delicious!!! I miss fresh eggs too.

Tell us, please.
Look at the "Sell by date" on the name brand, and on the house brand. The "common" way most stores work is the milk is packaged in the same plant. Just different cartons. Here it's Darigold. Last time I stopped for milk the stuff I have here the date is in March. The store brand date was 6 days from the day I was in there. It's the same milk. The difference is how long the stuff has been sitting in limbo. As it gets closer to the date it has to go they price it to go. For me it's worth paying a little more to get it FAR fresher.

Since the (begins with L) is driven by fear, you'd think he'd mask up - antibodies or not. There are many other not pleasant viruses out there.

Oh, and never threaten with OC. Knowledge is defense. Perp can charge you head down and then, you are injured and the top of his head burns. What's the point? So, if you decide to use it:

1. Hold in hand, finger on button, concealed against outside of upper thigh.
2. Bring it out as if you are pointing your finger at him. Saying something like "Hey, man!" as you move distracts his attention.
3. Spray. Aim for chin.
2. Move. So bad guy loses your location and you stay out of the cloud.
3. Wait (assess).

But very few mayors have been accused of good judgment, let alone tactics.

I strongly suggest people buy a few inert cans and actually practice. I get to spray real people all the time (training). Even though I'm the instructor and am "helping" new officers learn to fight through exposure, I am actually learning more about what works and what doesn't. On the street, I don't use anything that fogs or mists. To susceptible to wind and the range is shorter. DefTech 360 is all I carry.

I strongly suggest people buy a few inert cans and actually practice. I get to spray real people all the time (training). Even though I'm the instructor and am "helping" new officers learn to fight through exposure, I am actually learning more about what works and what doesn't. On the street, I don't use anything that fogs or mists. To susceptible to wind and the range is shorter. DefTech 360 is all I carry.
I don't know how many times I gassed a knucklehead in the bull pen and turned around only to see that I was alone. Buncha' wusses!

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.29.31 AM.png

Not that our opinions matters. And I KNOW my opinion matters even less than all y'all's.

A person should expect to be gassed if he's up within inches of another person's face verbally assaulting, or threatening them. Tod Whalen was completely entitled to protect his space, a lesson was learned by the aggressor, hopefully.

Tod Whalen doesn't seem to be too bright. First he walks into the middle of a mob that hates him and thinks he'll be welcomed. He ends up forced to move out of his million dollar apartment because of mobs. And now, he still thinks he can be out dinning at various trendy eateries around potland and not be confronted by the whack-jobs that have been destroying the city for going on 9 months?
Maybe they should look at bringing him up on charges? A case could be made that he goes out looking for trouble! And NOW he goes armed!

I don't understand why MORE of the LEO's holding back rioters behind those portable fences haven't given those ANTIFA aholes, who get up into their faces, more OC face painting than they do. They need to get some of that gel-stuff that sticks when it hits, so the ANTIFA monkeys run blindly away, and meet up with the front of a bus going 50 MPH.

I don't understand why MORE of the LEO's holding back rioters behind those portable fences haven't given those ANTIFA aholes, who get up into their faces, more OC face painting than they do. They need to get some of that gel-stuff that sticks when it hits, so the ANTIFA monkeys run blindly away, and meet up with the front of a bus going 50 MPH.

Anytime I watched the rioters in downtown, and elsewhere, it looked like most of them were wearing some pretty sophisticated face protection! That stuff isn't cheap I don't think? They looked like they were as much protected as the police!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top