JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brief summary: The mayor of Portland was confronted by someone for not wearing a mask. The angry individual got within the 6ft social distance zone and the mayor told him to back off and informed him he was carrying OC. The guy failed to back off, so the mayor sprayed him with OC due to the "imminent threat of contracting COVID19".

What do you all think? Forget that he's the mayor of Portland. Were his actions reasonable? Was he defending himself? What would you do?

No way can I forget he's the mayor of Portland. The things that this person has done make him completely irredeemable.

Not that I really care though (in the link provided by MikeJ)......

I guess CXL culture so......

Who is a Wells-Barnett? Yeah....my bad for not immediately recognizing the name over that of the likes of Woodrow Wilson.

Aloha, Mark

I'm surprised they replaced the man that started the Progressive movement. Tho the current trend is to rename schools for POC. Like Lincoln being replaced at that one school in San Fran.... what the hell was wrong with Lincoln. the man that freed American slaves. Really???

That is a click I am never getting back... I no longer support Amazon in any way.
I have been trying and so far found I need to not buy anything from Amazon, which I love.
I do love these Bug A Salt guns so checked. They can be bought many places including direct from the maker :D

I have been trying and so far found I need to not buy anything from Amazon, which I love.
I do love these Bug A Salt guns so checked. They can be bought many places including direct from the maker :D

IIRC they had them at the local Walmart.

IIRC they had them at the local Walmart.
Probably do, the damn things just work.
I for years just went to Amazon for everything as I have zero desire to drive to any store to look for stuff, well unless they sell guns of course :D
I just loved it as I have better things to do that drive to the damn store. When I started trying to not deal with Jeff B I have so far found everything I need online without Amazon. Most does not come the next day sadly but if they can get it to me in a couple days I can live with that. I am sure sooner or later I will want something that I have trouble finding and will end up buying it from ole Jeffery but, he is no longer the first place I look. He is now the last resort!

Probably do, the damn things just work.
I for years just went to Amazon for everything as I have zero desire to drive to any store to look for stuff, well unless they sell guns of course :D
I just loved it as I have better things to do that drive to the damn store. When I started trying to not deal with Jeff B I have so far found everything I need online without Amazon. Most does not come the next day sadly but if they can get it to me in a couple days I can live with that. I am sure sooner or later I will want something that I have trouble finding and will end up buying it from ole Jeffery but, he is no longer the first place I look. He is now the last resort!

Many startups trying to replace Jeff B. Who by the way is against mail in voting for unionizing his biz. ROFL

My daughter dropped Amazon and signed up for Walmart Plus... same day delivery. I made an online order of groceries at Walmart last night and they automatically signed me up for a trial... but no delivery here. Uh, no thanx.

Many startups trying to replace Jeff B. Who by the way is against mail in voting for unionizing his biz. ROFL

My daughter dropped Amazon and signed up for Walmart Plus... same day delivery. I made an online order of groceries at Walmart last night and they automatically signed me up for a trial... but no delivery here. Uh, no thanx.
I too got a kick out of Jeff saying mail in voting was suddenly no good.
I signed up for a trial of the Wally take on prime. So far I like it. There is a super Wally just down the road from me so a lot of stuff comes the same day I order. Looks like what they do is if it's there at that store they just send it out with Door-Dash drivers.
I tried the food delivery a couple times so far to see how it would work only because the Co who owns Fred Meyer decided to go with the cancel culture and ban the My Pillow guy. I had never even tried one of his pillows but them going along with cancel everyone made me try Wally's delivery. So far I love this too. So will keep using it too. Even ordered one of the My Pillow, pillows from Wally to see how they work. :D

I too got a kick out of Jeff saying mail in voting was suddenly no good.
I signed up for a trial of the Wally take on prime. So far I like it. There is a super Wally just down the road from me so a lot of stuff comes the same day I order. Looks like what they do is if it's there at that store they just send it out with Door-Dash drivers.
I tried the food delivery a couple times so far to see how it would work only because the Co who owns Fred Meyer decided to go with the cancel culture and ban the My Pillow guy. I had never even tried one of his pillows but them going along with cancel everyone made me try Wally's delivery. So far I love this too. So will keep using it too. Even ordered one of the My Pillow, pillows from Wally to see how they work. :D

Thx for the report. My daughter got it in Bentonville in order to have groceries delivered to her in-laws that have health issues. She's a good girl. I wish they had delivery here, but I guess we're too small.

Thx for the report. My daughter got it in Bentonville in order to have groceries delivered to her in-laws that have health issues. She's a good girl. I wish they had delivery here, but I guess we're too small.
I am sure there has to be a distance limit to it. I have not paid much attention but I have seen ads in the stores that at least a couple of the big guys are also offering some kind of delivery thing. One guy I work with long ago started using the order on line and pick up at the store. He said he LOVES it. Place the order, gets a text when its ready. They have some reserved parking spots for the pick up. He pulls in, parks and texts them that he is there and they bring the stuff to his car at no extra charge. Kind of neat idea and guess it puts a few more people to work :)

I am sure there has to be a distance limit to it. I have not paid much attention but I have seen ads in the stores that at least a couple of the big guys are also offering some kind of delivery thing. One guy I work with long ago started using the order on line and pick up at the store. He said he LOVES it. Place the order, gets a text when its ready. They have some reserved parking spots for the pick up. He pulls in, parks and texts them that he is there and they bring the stuff to his car at no extra charge. Kind of neat idea and guess it puts a few more people to work :)

Yep, my local Walmart aisles are FILLED with azzhat blue cart maniacs that will either run you over or leave those big azz carts in the middle of an aisle where you can't get by... PITA. But I've been using the online and PU service for a year now. I don't always, but when I do it's great. Check in with the walmart app and I don't even have to text on arrival. Privacy issues because the app tracks my phone (they even know what PU space # I am parked in - I'm told this feature can place me within 6' INSIDE my house)... :eek::eek::eek:

Distance? I live 1 mile from the store. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yep, my local Walmart aisles are FILLED with azzhat blue cart maniacs that will either run you over or leave those big azz carts in the middle of an aisle where you can't get by... PITA. But I've been using the online and PU service for a year now. I don't always, but when I do it's great. Check in with the walmart app and I don't even have to text on arrival. Privacy issues because the app tracks my phone... :eek::eek::eek:

That must be what the Wife has been complaining about. She still, for reasons I can't fathom, likes to go to the Wally and "shop". When she heard I had them make a couple deliveries she said the same thing you did, that they have people running around grabbing stuff and in the way. The way she described it I have to guess they are paid by the order or some kind of bonus as she said they were not the typical Wally employee who act like they could care less, they were in a hurry.
When I am at Freddie's I see a large section of the store set up to take care of the order then drive to pick up but have not noticed the people doing the order picking. Maybe they are more customer friendly there:D
It is very strange that there is a Wally that close to you and they are not offering the delivery though. Wonder if they tried and just could not get enough takers?? The one I call "just down the road" from me has to be a few miles or better away.

I'm surprised they replaced the man that started the Progressive movement. Tho the current trend is to rename schools for POC. Like Lincoln being replaced at that one school in San Fran.... what the hell was wrong with Lincoln. the man that freed American slaves. Really???

AS I can recall in another article.....it was justified by......

"Lincoln, didn't do enough."

Aloha, Mark

likes to go to the Wally and "shop".

My wife hates to shop. I've always enjoyed grocery shopping cuz I get to buy what I want, and now it's the only exercise I get. Wears me out too... dodging all those raging blue carts! But I hated clothes shopping with the wife... just shuffled around... made my back hurt. Then whenever we went to Cabela's it was her "Are we done yet, can we go now?" There's a big Cabela's or Bass Pro store in Boise that has a gun museum... I could spend hours there. Even tho I generally hate crowds. People are a PITA.

It is very strange that there is a Wally that close to you and they are not offering the delivery though. Wonder if they tried and just could not get enough takers?? The one I call "just down the road" from me has to be a few miles or better away.

Yeah, I think we are last to get everything. :(

Re: Lincoln

Lincoln and slavery: Does Steven Spielberg's movie tell the whole story? (slate.com)

Mind you that this is not where I encountered/saw it. But note, what the author says.....
The flashpoint for debate is not the 13th Amendment, but the Emancipation Proclamation, which was unprecedented in its assault on slavery, but did not abolish the institution. Though Democrats shrieked that the proclamation went too far, many of Lincoln's Republican supporters believed it did not go far enough—and there have been historians ever since who have agreed.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I'm reminded that frequently with WAR.....while many men (and women) sacrifice their lives. There are others, who are sitting back in relative safety.....and saying that "it's not enough".

Last Edited:
Yep, my local Walmart aisles are FILLED with azzhat blue cart maniacs that will either run you over or leave those big azz carts in the middle of an aisle where you can't get by... PITA. But I've been using the online and PU service for a year now. I don't always, but when I do it's great. Check in with the walmart app and I don't even have to text on arrival. Privacy issues because the app tracks my phone (they even know what PU space # I am parked in - I'm told this feature can place me within 6' INSIDE my house)... :eek::eek::eek:

That must be what the Wife has been complaining about. She still, for reasons I can't fathom, likes to go to the Wally and "shop". When she heard I had them make a couple deliveries she said the same thing you did, that they have people running around grabbing stuff and in the way. The way she described it I have to guess they are paid by the order or some kind of bonus as she said they were not the typical Wally employee who act like they could care less, they were in a hurry.
When I am at Freddie's I see a large section of the store set up to take care of the order then drive to pick up but have not noticed the people doing the order picking. Maybe they are more customer friendly there:D

Geeze you guys...You really want some stranger, that probably eats only frozen, fast food, or restaurants, picking your produce and meats? I hope I never get THAT old! :D

Joking. Kind of.

Geeze you guys...You really want some stranger, that probably eats only frozen, fast food, or restaurants, picking your produce and meats? I hope I never get THAT old! :D

Produce is handled constantly every day by millions of smelly, dirty, Covid infested Walmart customers. WASH YOUR PRODUCE!!!

Never buy meat at Walmart. I've had better meat from Grocery Outlet! And all their burger tastes like horsemeat! I buy my meat from Safeway... they have Angus and Select cuts. And the butcher will gladly grind your Chuck roast in to burger at no extra charge. I've had good meat from Freddy when we lived in Bend, but we don got that here in Podunk USA.

:p;):D

Reportedly, this moron was aggressively confronting him. I'm not ok with that no matter who it is.
in other circumstance, how does a street full of aggressive and VIOLENT mobsters aggressiveily confronting various locales in PDX every night this past year, fit the Mayor's official non action plan?

Yeah, Tod Whalen. :s0168: As I understand, the name Tod Wahlen for Ted Wheeler came from President Trump. On two separate occasions when Mr. Trump was speaking and talking about the mess in Portland Or. he referenced the mayor. One time he was called Tod Wheeler, by the President, and another Ted Whalen. So, the morning radio guys on KXL, Markley, VanCamp & Robins, have since referred to the mayor of potland as "Tod Whalen". I kind of like it. :cool:
D5E8404C-234F-41E1-A65F-BC44240054C3.jpeg
Tod Whalen once said, only accurate pepper sprays are interesting!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top