JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would to get my H&K USC 45acp converted over to a UMP style rifle. Looking for a NW gunsmith shop, preferably in WA, to do the conversion. Any recommendations?

Why do you need a gunsmith? Are you capable of taking your gun apart to clean it? If so that is all the harder it is to do the conversion. Finding the parts are going to be the hardest part.

The only thing you would need to send out for is a dye job if you want to turn it black.

go to HKparts.net, Adam can sell you and or do all of the things you are asking for, FYI make sure you have 10 US made parts in your build or you will be in violation of 18 USC, manufacture of a firearm that is otherwise banned from civilian use under the 1989 import restriction without a class three license.

Well I have purchased all the parts now. I pick up a "take off set" from a member of HKPro.com. I now have a FBI lower with USC internals (filled in the appropriate place), HDPS stock block and pin, US made stock, forward grip and four 25 round UMP mags with the compliance parts installed. So I have enough US made parts to be compliant. All I have to do now is mill out the mag well on the upper to accept the UMP mags and pick up a rail set. Should be pretty straight forward from here, but it's going to have to wait until I get back from overseas.

Why do you need a gunsmith? The only thing you would need to send out for is a dye job if you want to turn it black.

FYI make sure you have 10 US made parts in your build or you will be in violation of 18 USC, manufacture of a firearm that is otherwise banned from civilian use under the 1989 import restriction without a class three license.

Wow, talk about a thread full of misinformation. First I don't know of anyone in the PNW I would trust with the conversion. There are however a couple guys over on HKPro.com that are very experienced with fantastic reputations. That is where my USC is going to get converted. I collected all the parts and five UMP magazines 2 months ago, just haven't got around to sending it out.

As for the conversion being as simple as cleaning the gun, sorry not true. The front hooks of the UMP lower need to be enlarger slightly to fit the USC upper. The USC upper needs to be milled to seat the larger UMP magazines. Yes this is work you can do yourself with a drill bit and dremel cutoff wheel. However screw it up and you are out thousands of dollars, no thanks. In addition the USC lower internals need to be moved to the UMP lower, and ideally the auto sear area of the UMP lower should be filled in with epoxy.

As for the 922r compliance on a UMP conversion you do not need 10 US made parts. The truth is you only need 3 US made parts to make the USC to UMP conversion legal. The most common US made parts used in conversions are a US trigger, US magazine follower, and US magazine floorplate. Other common US parts are the US sear, and US rear stock. The HDPS conversion B block is not a 922r compliant part.

HK USC to UMP Conversion

I forgot again, I have no idea what I am talking about. I keep letting that happen to me. I guess I just imagined doing mine.....

DSC02855.jpg

It will say I did the M3 conversion so maybe the USC lower is slightly different. The only 2 things I did not do on my own was the dye job and since it was out for that I had them cut the handguard vents. Yes that included cutting the mag well in the upper and swapping out FCG's.

You do need the correct number of US made parts to be 922r compliant which is 8. In the process of conversion 5 of those part count toward that. Once you have those in then you need 3 ADDITIONAL part NOT 3 total parts.

You did a grease gun conversion (which looks like total bubblegum IMHO), and not a true UMP conversion. So your statement of "being able to clean your rifle is all that is needed" and doing a true USC to UMP conversion is still completely false information.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top