JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for a USB charging hub. As more and more things charge via USB it seems I'm flooded with wall bricks and looking for something that has at least 6 ports at 2.4 amps. Anyone here use one and/or recommend one to buy? Thanks!

I'm looking for a USB charging hub. As more and more things charge via USB it seems I'm flooded with wall bricks and looking for something that has at least 6 ports at 2.4 amps. Anyone here use one and/or recommend one to buy? Thanks!

Costco (and I'm sure other places) have outlets now that also have a couple USB ports on them that are cool.

Pretty much all of the hubs are cheap that I've seen so far.

Costco (and I'm sure other places) have outlets now that also have a couple USB ports on them that are cool.

Pretty much all of the hubs are cheap that I've seen so far.

Yeah bro, cheap isn't what I want charging my phone, watch and other devices. :)

PM me. I am not at home so I cannot tell you the station I use off the top of my head. You can get a 10 port powered station with smart ports that detect the amperage required by the device plugged into a given port and charge accordingly. The one I have is in is use constantly, and have had no issues. I am charging an Android phone,and iPhone, Kindle, PS4 controllers and headset, 2 backup batteries and a tablet. You will want to buy cables appropriate to your devices just for the charger so you are not robbing other charging stations of their cables. I am using a few including USB C, and everything charges fine. I think my station was under $50.

PM me. I am not at home so I cannot tell you the station I use off the top of my head. You can get a 10 port powered station with smart ports that detect the amperage required by the device plugged into a given port and charge accordingly. The one I have is in is use constantly, and have had no issues. I am charging an Android phone,and iPhone, Kindle, PS4 controllers and headset, 2 backup batteries and a tablet. You will want to buy cables appropriate to your devices just for the charger so you are not robbing other charging stations of their cables. I am using a few including USB C, and everything charges fine. I think my station was under $50.

PM'd! :)

I got this off Amazon.

Here is the newer version.

Multiple USB Charger, 60W/12A 8-Port Desktop Charger Charging Station Multi Port Travel Fast Wall Charger Hub LCD Smart Phones, Tablet More (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V1HYFS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EMOiDbVG1CC88

26067E66-96E6-4E37-B051-5F1F212772B6.jpeg

Looks pretty good, I'll be home in an hour to find what I use. Basically, you want a charger that will detect the amperage of the device you are charging in each port. Older devices will not fast charge and newer ones may be able to if the charger can adapt to it.

This:
Quick Charge 3.0 AUKEY 60W USB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F20J4PE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have two of these in our house and with some double sided 3M tape, it's stuck to the headboard shelf, perfect for the phone charger, watch charger and a couple other USB devices.

This has two dedicated quick charge ports that stand alone for power output and doesn't effect the other ports. I use them in our phones cords, need a quick boost before you go... plug it into that cable. Charges devices very quick.

Should also note, it's VERY low profile, no bright lights or screens.

I don't know or care what AiCharge or 3.0 is. I assume a higher amperage. I just want to charge my phone, watch, EDC flashlight, Bluetooth headphones and have a spot or two for another light or whatever.

I don't know or care what AiCharge or 3.0 is. I assume a higher amperage. I just want to charge my phone, watch, EDC flashlight, Bluetooth headphones and have a spot or two for another light or whatever.
Aye, With new technology embedded into everything, one thing that's important when selecting a charger block; you should get one that's "smart".

The device and charger will "talk" and in the event of a non smart charging device, the charger will detect when the unit quits taking power and will ramp down the output to keep the device from essentially overcharging and wearing out the battery quicker than necessary.

Pick one from above. It will work for your needs (which are simple).

FWIW:
I have an 8 port Anker at the computer as a USB 3.0 hub. It works but sometimes it interrupts communications which wouldn't be a problem for simply charging devices. Since the ones above are 120V to 5V, completely different internals than my USB 3.0 to USB hub.

@Dyjital if you had to choose one which would you buy? You seem to have hands on experience here and that's what I'm looking for. :)

I'm also a fan of Anker. I have a six port USB hub that's been going strong for a good 4 years at this point. I also own two power supplies, a couple car chargers and close to a dozen cables from them and I've never had a single problem with any of them.

My 2017 MacBook uses USB-C but TBH I'm only gonna charge it with the factory charger. So no heavy draw type things. My phone and my Fenix TK-20 are probably the two things with the largest battery I'll charge. Ah, my portable power bank beats them but not a deal breaker if I can't charge it with the port. Although it charges fine with a generic 2.1 amp brick I picked up somewhere along the line.

@Dyjital if you had to choose one which would you buy? You seem to have hands on experience here and that's what I'm looking for. :)
Either or honestly.

As you are aware always use a Mac charger for a Mac. Their chargers are smart and talk to the computer too..

Your doing low needs charging so the duty is low. I'd examine warranties at this point. Aukey is 24 months, not sure what Anker is. Make the product work for you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top