JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another problem with the numbers is public (mis)perception. I noticed a big uptick in references to expanding background checks to cover internet sales. To anyone uneducated in firearms laws, this makes it sound like any teenager with a debit card can order gun from an online store. Many sensible, but uneducated people would be concerned about that. Except it's a none issue. We already have to have an ffl involved to buy online.

Yes, there are exception to that when shipping in state via private purchase, but those cases aren't what most people hear. They hear that any fourteen year old kid can order an arsenal of military grade weapons online. It makes it real easy to manipulate poll results.

Yes, there are exception to that when shipping in state via private purchase, but those cases aren't what most people hear. They hear that any fourteen year old kid can order an arsenal of military grade weapons online. It makes it real easy to manipulate poll results.
The problem here is that, as they continuously demonstrate, many gun grabbers neither thoroughly know, nor understand what they are trying to ban and the law "loopholes" they want to "plug". Diana "ammo clip" DeGette, Diane "bullets that implode" Feinstein, and Carolyn "barrel shroud " McCarthy, are the most notorious examples, but by far, not the only ones.

Really if there was a 90% where are they? I dont hear any outcry from the 90%ers. The only outcry is from Obama, and the media.

If there realy was a 90% where are all the vulnerable republican's? They would only be vulnerable if they supported gun control.

There are only vulnerable Dem's.

If Chuck Schumer (one of NY senaters) had voted with the GOP you can bet your *** he would be voted out. He is safe voting for gun control. What does he not get that you represtent your voters, and if you make a vote that is not popular next election cycle you get voted out.

Reid must be planning on retireing voting for the AWB killed any chance of him retaining his seat next election cycle. He turn on the people of his state. He ran on strong gun support and barely won his seat to a tea party member. Look for a R to be replacing him.

The last thing I am tired of hearing about is the NRA. When you got to the booth to vote the NRA is not there to make sure you vote there way. The people vote there rep's in not the NRA, and if the people don't like how you vote in the senate they vote you out.

No senater should ever have to fall on the sword for there party. Vote for what your state wants thats your job to represent your state not your party or your party's agenda.

Now all that we need to do is replace our senaters. So get out and vote, and make sure all your friends vote.

They ran a poll along with their anti-gun, shame on the Senate for voting down background checks and gun control article. 60% strongly disagree with USA Today's gun control stance. Only 30% agree(as of this moment). Where did that 90% go?
67% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Politicians are experts at it.

64% now

They need to look at the number of gun and ammo sales to get a better picture. Watch out for them to go after gunpowder after the marathon.

Here's the post #40 where I entered what I found as to the source of the 90% figure.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...a-where-hell-do-they-get-these-numbers-2.html

Basically only 1219 people were surveyed and that was then used to extrapolate the opinion of the other 300 plus million people. Common sense should indicate the lack of logic in those results, that and a history of lies by the current people in power.

Butch

I'm wondering if it would be money well spent to take out ads that actually lay out what the major gun laws and how they are applied in todays world would help.

Like explaining how a firearm can be bought via an internet transaction. And how the firearm actually transfers into the new owners hand.

One of the things I got so pissed at the History channel Discovery channel gun shows was how they never really delt with the legalities of what they showed people owning. Or that most the fancy stuff had to go to either Law enforcement or to some branch of the Government.

The problem here is that, as they continuously demonstrate, many gun grabbers neither thoroughly know, nor understand what they are trying to ban and the law "loopholes" they want to "plug". Diana "ammo clip" DeGette, Diane "bullets that implode" Feinstein, and Carolyn "barrel shroud " McCarthy, are the most notorious examples, but by far, not the only ones.

And there are quite a few that are willfully ignorant. They drive me nuts. But for each of them, there are many more that are open to learning if we're graceful and respectful about it.

If you look in the sidebar, you will find another poll from a couple days ago on magazine size...results are approximately the same...75% disagree/strongly disagree.

One poll I saw that was interesting to me...one of the base demographic questions (you know like D or R, M or F..etc) was in there a firearm in your home. 46% said yes, and another 8% would not answer (guess where they were eh?)

So, IMHO: You could say, it is most likely that over 50% of the population has a firearm in their home. Same companies poll, different week...38% said they had a firearm in their home, and then there was that same 8% that did not answer. So there is another data point that alludes to almost 50% of the American households have a firearm in their home...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top