Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

USA Today op-ed: Gun control can come with love

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dmancornell, Apr 4, 2013.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Gun control can come with love: Column

Apparently screwing over all the lawful gun owners in CT for their emotional satisfaction is nothing more than "love". Truly Orwellian language.

F*** them and their pathetic statist shilling.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Emotional pandering should never set public policy.

3. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I do like and agree with this paragraph.

"We don't need new laws to begin strengthening the bonds of family and community. We can be more giving, loving parents, friends and neighbors. We can offer love to those who are outcasts or alone. We can look to God and form an eternal relationship built from nothing but love."

4. dmancornell

I missed the part where they explain how having our civil rights abolished through threat of government violence is love.

Is it love in the context of a rapist "loving" the victim?

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Meant the paragraph itself. It is a nice sentiment.

6. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'll go against the grain and say that I have nothing against grieving parents. I hope I never have to know what it's like to lose a child, and they have my sympathy.

I'll save my ire and disdain for the politicians who would manipulate the grief of these parents to political ends that disenfranchise the rights of responsible, law-abiding citizens.

That being said, it's definitely a trick that has been used over and over again. If not for politicians shamelessly milking the grief and fear of the 9/11 aftermath, maybe our country would have thought twice about invading Iraq.

Phillyfan, ZigZagZeke, Doctnt and 9 others like this.
  7. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Keep this discussion in its lane.

8. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Is the ability to buy a 30-bullet magazine worth the life of even a single child?

Freedom from tyranny is not free. Children die in car accidents: If it saves but one child shouldn't children be banned from riding in cars? Just another example of an illogical and unrealistic leading question. Children die or are killed by baseball bats, falling off their bicycles, falling down stair cases, knives, household poisons, etc. You all know where I am going with this in rhetorically asking if those products and things should be banned from society?

9. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

well the "moms demand action" group has pretty much hijacked the comments section. check out how many of the commenters are using the same exact photo of one of the newtown kids.

10. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

dmancornholer made a remark like that? Who'da thunkit?

11. dmancornell

While you were busy getting offended, these willing propagandists helped destroy what little was left of 2A in CT today: Connecticut governor signs sweeping gun measure - CNN.com

No amount of grief can excuse their decision to exploit a personal tragedy to destroy the rights of innocent strangers. They deserve every word of scorn they receive.