JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before we get mired in a discussion of the dangers of lead exposure, lets take a look at how this firearms related business was raided. I suppose a shop that paints cars and was in violation of certain OSHA regs would be treated to the same paramilitary SWAT type raid? Armed FBI & EPA agents required for a lead exposure case? I would say it is not an over reaction by these agencies, but a measured response meant to instill fear.

http://bearingarms.com/epa-fbi-raid...ction_type_map=["og.comments"]&action_ref_map=[]

well i think OSHA should have come down hard for the lack of worker safety. also i dont see anything about SWAT or heavily armed police in the article. raiding the place doesnt mean they went in fast and hard. it does give that impression while reading so misinterpreting it can be easy if you look too deep.

Paramilitary "Swat type" raid? What are you talking about? I checked you link, the article it was based on and watched the video. I saw two guys in tactical vest from the FBI one dude with a leg holster and a female with a Glock on her hip. Is that what counts as a "Swat Type" raid?

Paramilitary "Swat type" raid? What are you talking about? I checked you link, the article it was based on and watched the video. I saw two guys in tactical vest from the FBI one dude with a leg holster and a female with a Glock on her hip. Is that what counts as a "Swat Type" raid?
I suppose it could be construed as such when the Federal government finds it necessary to send armed law enforcement to an "environmental law infraction". Why is the FBI involved in everything from OSHA infractions to overseas terrorist activity? It used to be that agencies such as that were used to go after true malevolent criminal activity, and then it was crime that was committed over state lines, such as kidnapping, drugs, interstate money laundering, murder and the like. One of the only times that the FBI was involved in a local crime was a bank robbery.

The individual states also have agencies that are equipped to deal with such "environmental law enforcement". If it is necessary for the federal government to be involved with such matters, then why do we even have these state agencies?

Last Edited:
They seriously don't need to be tac'd out for an investigation.

Thats absolute nonsense and its meant to instill fear in the employees and management.
All they'd have to really do is send an agent down there and request whatever info/paperwork they need.

What law enforcement Officers aren't armed when in the field?
That is a very good point, however as I pondered earlier, why is the FBI involved in something that is essentially an environmental / workplace issue? I will agree that the business was likely quite remiss in providing a safe work environment for employees. No argument there (they still get their day in court, right?). With the vast increase in "Homeland Security Forces", it just seems that the traditional ways of handling criminal investigations has moved further away from local jurisdictions to the federal level. In the article there was scant mention of local law enforcement participation. Maybe there was way more to the investigation than they were letting on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top