JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure they have good intentions, but why put it out there in a made for TV episode. It kind of plays towards the stigma of patriots being overweight bubbas with a southern drawl, running around the backyard pretending to be all tactical. If poop hits the fan and Martial Law goes into effect, what's to keep that little spam shed of theirs from getting droned into powder? Maybe shut up would be a better tactic, but what do I know.

I'm sure they have good intentions, but why put it out there in a made for TV episode. It kind of plays towards the stigma of patriots being overweight bubbas with a southern drawl, running around the backyard pretending to be all tactical. If poop hits the fan and Martial Law goes into effect, what's to keep that little spam shed of theirs from getting droned into powder? Maybe shut up would be a better tactic, but what do I know.

I agree 308 it's definitely made for TV and it's made to show the typical stereo type militia. No matching equipment, different gun types so if one runs out of ammo no one can swap mags the usual.

I agree as well they are trying to do the right thing at least in their mind.

But if you stop to think about it if a SHTF did happen you might find these types of groups forming for group protection I mean just watch the walking dead or any other disaster show we as humans tend to form groups for safety.

If martial law happens they will be the first to be picked up/arrested as terrorist.

Just my opinion

I totally get and agree with the safety in numbers thing. Its easier to watch your six when there is actually someone there watching it. With that said I sure as heck wouldn't tell anyone my plans and I sure as heck would make sure that I trust the people and there training if martial law did happen.

Low key and under the radar is the way to go.

Like I've said before,and it's a unpopular view,but if Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians would have kept under the radar, we never would be have heard of them.

yeah so these guys are publicized, but it's the ones that aren't that you want to thank...

at 34:50 or so on the video where the obese dude tried to defend himself.. that's funny stuff right there.

Last Edited:
I used to watch The Discovery channel shows. Then I saw Dungeon Cove where they try to make the Yaquina bay bar look like it's the deadliest crossing on the west coast. Pure crap. All their shows are for pure entertainment and have 0 factual value.

^^^True 100%. I mean how many people do you know on your list that if you said "Gather your stuff, we need to go right now.." would be ready? How many could be ready to leave their houses in 20 minutes to defend?

A buddy of mine asked me a question a while back and it went like this:

"You have 1 hour and then the whole world is looking for you, what would you do and where would you go?"

This mentality should be what we have in the back of our minds at all times. Are we ready to grab and go? Do you have an ammo can full of needed supplies that you could last 24-48 hours on a whim? After being asked this question I started thinking.. I could be out of my house in 20 minutes or less with what I need to survive for 2 days if I was called upon.

Could you? (generally speaking to anyone reading the thread)

This mentality should be what we have in the back of our minds at all times. Are we ready to grab and go? Do you have an ammo can full of needed supplies that you could last 24-48 hours on a whim? After being asked this question I started thinking.. I could be out of my house in 20 minutes or less with what I need to survive for 2 days if I was called upon.

Yea! I could... but why would I need to? I really can't think of any reason to bug out, for 2 days, on short notice.

^^^True 100%. I mean how many people do you know on your list that if you said "Gather your stuff, we need to go right now.." would be ready? How many could be ready to leave their houses in 20 minutes to defend?

A buddy of mine asked me a question a while back and it went like this:

"You have 1 hour and then the whole world is looking for you, what would you do and where would you go?"

"One hour and then the whole world is looking for you"
I think that is going to be our next practice drill.

Only reason I could think of is if the gubment started trying to vilify us gun owners. Then they send goon squads to come get us on trumped up charges.
Me? I don't think I would run. Too old to live like a dog more than a day.

Only reason I could think of is if the gubment started trying to vilify us gun owners. Then they send goon squads to come get us on trumped up charges.
Me? I don't think I would run. Too old to live like a dog more than a day.

Yea! I could... but why would I need to? I really can't think of any reason to bug out, for 2 days, on short notice.

True, the idea was more like ...

If you were called could you answer quickly. Not so much in a running from something mode but running towards.

Mall ninja militia!

I fully believe in the right to a well organized militia to help secure the freedoms and constitution of this country, but those guys on the TV shows are absolute tools.

The day the American militia will be needed once again it's seems is going to be in our near future.

Ready to engage in the fight within 20-60 minutes, you got it buddy...

I can show up fully armed and ready to restock myself as necessary... Because one day, we will have to embark on a similar battle as our founding fathers...

But I'm bringing a Cohiba to smoke when the dust settles...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top