JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know polymer80 makes a replacement frame that you might want to look at.
Yes.
I built a P80 (G19 clone).
It is one of my favorite pistols.
Steel City magwell funnel that nests your hand into that grip.
Tight and accurate....couldn't ask for any more out of it.

Polymer 80a-I.png

Yes.

View attachment 713103
Sadly, I have held a poly80 17 and 19 and had an issue with the beaver-tail not being big enough, Love the idea though. I do have one of their older gen 1.5 frames still waiting to be drilled out.

You know Andy. The 1911 may be a better weapon for shooting at enemy soldiers with?

I mean if you are limited to FMJ ammo? And you need to punch a hole through a canteen, belt, webbing , or other equiptment before you even touch the guy?

It worked well for Sgt. York....:D

I like the 1911A1 I was issued over the M9 for sure...the M9 seemed to attract rust more or get debris along the slide and barrel.

The biggest issue when comparing the M9 to the 1911A1's ( back in the day at least ) was that , the M9 was a newly made pistol...and the 1911A1 was from 1945 or earlier as well as being a re-built pistol.

.45ACP FMJ Ammo will penetrate and make a big hole for sure....
9mm FMJ does as well....just not as well as .45ACP FMJ , at least from my experiences or remembering.
Andy

Sadly, I have held a poly80 17 and 19 and had an issue with the beaver-tail not being big enough, Love the idea though. I do have one of their older gen 1.5 frames still waiting to be drilled out.
If that's the early polymer rear rail number, I'd trade it off.
The later all steel rail design is much better.

I don't know.
Glocks fit me fine. And it's the brand I always carry.

But I seam to remember a lot of exploding, burning things in the Military.
Plastic doesn't tolerate heat as well as metal. And it probably doesn't deal with shrapnel as well?

So how then would the plastic (composite) stock and handguards of an M16 or M60 machine gun deal with heat, explosions and shrapnel?
How about the wooden stocks of M1 Garands and M14's? How about the rubber tires of military vehicles and warplanes? How about the flesh
and clothing of a soldier?

Glock slide is still metal.

If that's the early polymer rear rail number, I'd trade it off.
The later all steel rail design is much better.
I have heard people were not fans of the polymer rear rail, but all my XD-m's have a polymer rear rail and have never show signs or heard of issues with them before. What have been the issues with the polymer80 rear rails?

So how then would the plastic (composite) stock and handguards of an M16 or M60 machine gun deal with heat, explosions and shrapnel?
How about the wooden stocks of M1 Garands and M14's? How about the rubber tires of military vehicles and warplanes? How about the flesh
and clothing of a soldier?

Glock slide is still metal.

Yeah, some will never get over the polymer frame of a Glock. Although the number of cases of frame failures on Glocks is right up there with the number of credible Bigfoot sightings. Yes, I've seen the same 5 or so recycled pictures on the net of Glock frame failures. Out of literally millions of Glocks that are used professionally every day.

If one doesn't like polymer, don't buy Glocks. It's that easy.

I have heard people were not fans of the polymer rear rail, but all my XD-m's have a polymer rear rail and have never show signs or heard of issues with them before. What have been the issues with the polymer80 rear rails?
It wasn't a feasible design for the average do-it-yourselfer to get good rail to slide fitment.
Perhaps in a production gun it's a different story.
It still does not inspire confidence to have a polymer rail, in my opinion.

YMMV

Tommy Lee Jones in U.S. Marshals.

Yes, now I remember, The Fugitive, 1993 with Harrison Ford (as the fugitive); I have that on DVD.
Tommy Lee Jones also as in Space Cowboys. :cool:

Lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol!

About Gen. Patton's revolver:

"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." - George C. Scott as Patton (1970)

Nitti in "T
he Untouchables":

1592770546179.png

1592770632172.png

Last Edited:
Yes.

View attachment 713103
How dare a Glock get copied! What fool would own a copy?
As for M1911 type 45's? Pre-Series 70 COLT is about as real as it gets.
The Rampant Pony means the gun ain't phony!

1592771206386.png

Last Edited:
The plastic fantastic?

Glocks are good, but I could just never get used to the striker trigger on them. I have owned and shot two other striker fired handguns, a Walther and a Kahr and have the same impression of them; a mushy (technical term) that feels like it might never actually break (not to mention some of them have the same safety on the trigger face that I found so irritating that I sanded it down to the point that it would be level with the face when depressed).

As for the lack of a "safety" - never bothered me. Yeah, some people might shoot themselves (or others by not practicing proper trigger discipline), but there is nothing that is foolproof. As for someone else getting my gun and using it against me due to a lack of an active positive safety, I wouldn't rely on a safety protecting me if someone got my gun from me - that would be something that would be unlikely IMO. Most of my handguns do not have safeties - not my SIGs and not my striker fired guns and not revolvers.

The Beretta? It is funny how people who seem to have no real experience with a particular firearm disparage it based on some third party's impression of it?

Someone who couldn't figure out how to field strip a very common handgun? Not my idea of an "expert" on handgun quality. But then, believe who you want to believe. Haters gonna hate.

Myself, there are very few firearms I would call "crap" (certainly no Beretta I have owned or shot). Some Grendels/Kel-Tecs fall into that category due to my experience with a Grendel P-10 and examining Kel-Tecs. Live and learn.

The plastic fantastic?
Glocks are good, but I could just never get used to the striker trigger on them.
Yep, the striker-fired trigger is a different animal, but they are not all quite the same.
Glock doesn't advertise it, but the consensus is that the Glock striker spring is about 70% charged when the pistol is in battery.
You charge the last 30% with the trigger press. Hence that mushy "feeling".
You can get rid of a lot of it with tuner's tricks, but for a carry piece you don't want the hotrod tricks.

I have a SIG X-Five (P320/M17 family) that pulls at 2lbs with a tuned take-up and tuned over-travel that just might change your mind on striker triggers.
P320 has an advantage though. The P320 striker spring is 95+% charged when in battery and the sear system is a good design.

ETA:
I never thought I'd sell my G20, but I might now.
With the weighted Legion grip module, it should be awesome.

P320 10mm
Originally Posted by Bruce Gray
Yes, we're driving to introduce the high-grade 5" GGI-320-10 by end-of-summer. We've been working around some CV-19-related supply issues, but nothing will stop this project. Thank you!

viewpost.gif

Last Edited:
I have a SIG X-Five (P320/M17 family) that pulls at 2lbs with a tuned take-up and tuned over-travel that just might change your mind on striker triggers.
P320 has an advantage though. The P320 striker spring is 95+% charged when in battery and the sear system is a good design.

I am quite satisfied with my P2XX SIGs with DA/SA - much better trigger, and the metal frame feels better with regards to balance and recoil - but that may just be a personal ergo thing. I have a 2022 in 9 and 40 and although it is DA/SA, the balance and recoil just doesn't feel right. My only complaint is that SIG is slowly dropping P2XX handguns from their catalogs and concentrating on the striker fired plastic framed guns instead.

I know a few Leo's and the ones that have glocks got them because the get a discount on them.
The ones that were into guns had 1911's or p226.

I have 1911's, Sigs, and all other manner of handguns.
Many costing several time the price of my Glocks. So cost is not an issue.

But I always carry a Glock.
For me it's the trigger system. Safety system. And it's overall simplicity and reliability.

I bet there are many more like me on this site.

And were into guns.

I am quite satisfied with my P2XX SIGs with DA/SA - much better trigger, and the metal frame feels better with regards to balance and recoil - but that may just be a personal ergo thing. I have a 2022 in 9 and 40 and although it is DA/SA, the balance and recoil just doesn't feel right. My only complaint is that SIG is slowly dropping P2XX handguns from their catalogs and concentrating on the striker fired plastic framed guns instead.
Next time you're at the Fun Store grab an X-Five Legion and see if that feels like a striker-fired pistol.
They are over-priced, though. (IMO)
I'm building one from scratch....waiting on one more part.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top