JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember the P320/M17 frame is just the fire control group, the polymer grip is 100% replaceable and customizable to each person. That is a huge help to get a pistol to fit the most people. Just because Glocks fit you, does not mean they fit everyone correctly either.

Ahhh...Its been all down hill after the military dropped this design. :eek: :D
DSC06576.jpg

I remember when I was in the Army...
Much of our equipment was late Vietnam era.
We used :
1911A1 pistols
M16A1 rifles or CAR15
M21 Rifles
The Steel Pot Helmet
And often ate C-Rations older than we were.

I do like both the M16A1 and the newer Issued M16A2's that we used....
I prefer the CAR15 to the M4 we had later...
As I also like the M21 I used better than the M24 series of rifles.

As for the 1911A1 versus the M9 pistol....
I'll take a 1911A1.

Notice the "I" statements....
This is very common when talking about guns...
What one person likes or prefers...is often different that what someone else likes or prefers.
It does not mean that one choice is better for all....just better for someone , maybe not you.

The Glock series of pistols work well and those that I have shot , shot fine.
If the military or anyone else likes them or "adopts" them...then great.
But again what is great for one person....may not be great for someone else....
And maybe more importantly ...the world will not end 'cause someone does not like your choice.
Andy

This is like saying all duty rifles should have polymer lowers to reduce weight.

What kinda of idjiot thinks Glocks are a better Military weapon??:confused:

Yea, I said it:s0155:

I own a glock and a beretta. Love both. I carry the glock. The beretta is a far superior firearm though.

If we shoveled out glocks to our troops then you may as well give them AK-47's while your at it..... (I have an AR and an AK) I'm not a fanboy of anything.

This thread has me adding to my ignore list - I sure hope there isn't a maximum on it:s0002:

The Beretta is a "far superior weapon"?

Yeah. Ok.

Glocks are awesome. Not as good as Sigs, but Awesome nonetheless. The Glock G19 would have been a great service pistol.

The Glock may be just as good as other choices, and as many other guns, it has its fan base.

But, the Glock doesn't fit everybody, and that is a huge criticism. If I was on the board deciding the next military handgun, I would have said no.
This ^^^
Maybe the #1 Glock weakness is fitment.
1 size for all. Not modular.
I happen to like them (XL mitts) and I really like my P80 (G19 clone).

The X-Five and X-Five Legions feel very much like a Glock.

says the guy who thinks Tikka's suck lmfao:s0112:

I didn't know this thread was about Tikkas or what I think of them. I simply find the statement that Berettas are "far superior weapons" interesting. What would you base that claim on?

Remember the P320/M17 frame is just the fire control group, the polymer grip is 100% replaceable and customizable to each person. That is a huge help to get a pistol to fit the most people. Just because Glocks fit you, does not mean they fit everyone correctly either.
P320 has a grip module and it has a removable FCU (fire control unit) which is the serialized part of the pistol.
And those grip modules are (supposed to be) available in Small. Medium and Large.
I say "supposed to be" because SIG can't keep up with demand.

I've been 100% through them and they are a nice design, IMO.
I'm into the full size X-Five and X-Five Legion and they are wicked-easy to shoot accurately.

I didn't know this thread was about Tikkas or what I think of them. I simply find the statement that Berettas are "far superior weapons" interesting. What would you base that claim on?

Having both and shooting numerous of each and listening to men that served many more years then I did and were in the bubblegum and actually had real world combat experience.

As I said I like and have both. My opinion is the Beretta is a better weapon. But I'm not a fanboy so I can have and enjoy both.

P320 has a grip module and it has a removable FCU (fire control unit) which is the serialized part of the pistol.
And those grip modules are (supposed to be) available in Small. Medium and Large.
I say "supposed to be" because SIG can't keep up with demand.

I've been 100% through them and they are a nice design, IMO.
I'm into the full size X-Five and X-Five Legion and they are wicked-easy to shoot accurately.
I know polymer80 makes a replacement frame that you might want to look at.

You know Andy. The 1911 may be a better weapon for shooting at enemy soldiers with?

I mean if you are limited to FMJ ammo? And you need to punch a hole through a canteen, belt, webbing , or other equiptment before you even touch the guy?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top