JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anybody put together a near exact replica of a current M4? Obviously it will be semi auto, so the lower wont be perfect...but what about the rest? I'd love to see pictures. I'm starting to collect parts and plan building one for myself.

Plan so far -
Colt lower
Colt 14.5" upper w/pinned FH
KAC drop in rails
Matech rear sight
ACOG or Aimpoint
Surefire 95x light
Standard issue sling
Surplus magazine
Standard grip
SOPMOD stock (maybe)

Has anybody put together a near exact replica of a current M4? Obviously it will be semi auto, so the lower wont be perfect...but what about the rest? I'd love to see pictures. I'm starting to collect parts and plan building one for myself.

Plan so far -
Colt lower
Colt 14.5" upper w/pinned FH
KAC drop in rails
Matech rear sight
ACOG or Aimpoint
Surefire 95x light
Standard issue sling
Surplus magazine
Standard grip
SOPMOD stock (maybe)
There really isn't a standard to follow.
During my time in the infantry I saw different rails, fore grips (we called them gangster grips) at least 5 different optics. One version of an acog sometimes had a cqb sight on top.
Most had peq15's while some were running around with peq2's.
I had a colt but not everybody did. We even had different stocks.
Most guys buy their own slings cause the issued ones suck.
Many of us put out own equipment on our weapons but we had to use supplied sensitive items.

My m4 in the infantry:
Colt M4 with 14.5 " upper
Matech rear sight
Kac rails
Magpul grip
Sopmod stock I, ahem, acquired.
M68 (aimpoint)
Peq15
Magpul angled fore grip
Surefire light (don't remember which model)
Brownells mags with orange follower issued.
Issued multiple slings over 5 years ranging from 2 point, 1 point, conversion, etc.

I like them with 16'' barrel just fine. A little more distance before velocity drops below fragmentation levels for the 193 round.

Most cops use 16'' barrels. So most people are used to seeing this configuration. Just make sure you get the barrel notched for the 203 grenade launcher. This makes it soooooo much more deadly. :s0140:

I built a clone of the M4 I was issued for OIF II (Baghdad, March '04 - March '05, Infantry).

I bought a Colt 6920 with the "M4 CARBINE" roll mark and then purchased a new Colt 14.5" barrel off the ar15.com equipment exchange. Had the barrel swapped out and an extended A2 pinned on to avoid the SBR paperwork for this particular rifle (my eye can't tell the difference in the extended A2 unless side by side with a standard A2). KAC rail, ACOG TA31F, Surefire 95X, and GG&G A2 flip up BUIS (these were issued to my unit as replacements for broken Matechs - we had several). This clone is the *exact* same except for no 3 round burst and the extended A2 flash hider.

My issued rifle:

Clone:

M4Original_zpsf050c4f0.jpg M4_2-1_zps5523859c.jpg M4Repro_zps243cb105.jpg M4Repro2_zpsa313bec3.jpg

Bravo Company upper with 14.5 inch barrel and pinned and welded extended A2 flash hider. It is mated to a Bushmaster lower. Not an exact duplicate, but I deployed with the 41st Brigade, nicknamed the Bushmasters, and was in Bravo Co. SECFOR... :)
The PAQ 4 is an airsoft red laser replica. Cheap but it does work. The Wolf Hook sling mount is the same one I used in Afghanistan. We all had Knight's RAS and the flip up rear backup sights. The Aimpoint Pro is close to the M2 we had used. The M3 Streamlight is the same one I used overseas as I did not want the huge Surefire they issued. This is visually, a good representation of what I used in Afghanistan.

M4replica008.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top