JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thieves join the military and when seeing an opportunity will turn turn their nefarious skills into opportunity.
I know a former army soldier who said somebody hid someone else's M4 during training. Wasn't stolen but what a cluster f*ck.

When I was in the Army and yes its been a minute or two , they used to take a missing weapon really seriously . During some training at Ft Riley one year a solider wandered off and left his rifle against a tree / couldn't remember where it was. The whole post was locked down until the rifle was located , not to mention the young troop had issues to resolve as well.

Well....technically we did pay for them. :D

I've always felt that National Guard armories should be like public libraries where you can check stuff out for a few days.

-E-

Last Edited:
When I was in the Army and yes its been a minute or two , they used to take a missing weapon really seriously
I agree and have 'some' experience with armories and inventory procedures.

When a weapon comes up missing under normal day to day operations it IS taken very seriously and it is acted on immediately. Often it was (my experiences) something relatively simple and resolved fairly quickly.

Now an outright THEFT of weapons, such as the M9s in Afghanistan IS serious and was no doubt due to a breach of security and/or procedures and should never have never happened however I have a hard time with the report that it 'went undetected for weeks'. Under those circumstances (such as being in a war zone) it is possible but typically there are chain of command or shift change inventories that are accomplished and are typically taken very seriously.

The report of 1900 weapons missing 'in the 2010s' according to the article could be accurate but I highly doubt they are all due to theft or loss.

As previously mentioned the article has a lot of 'holes' in it and is very vague.

Last Edited:
My uncle saw a way better shape Garand in a ditch so grabbed it and threw his beat to $hit Garand down. months later he turned in his weapon and the armorer said, "This isn't the weapon that was issued to you!" My uncle replied, "That's the weapon I came off Christmas Hill with". Nothing else was said.

I think many in the article are clerical errors.

My uncle saw a way better shape Garand in a ditch so grabbed it and threw his beat to $hit Garand down. months later he turned in his weapon and the armorer said, "This isn't the weapon that was issued to you!" My uncle replied, "That's the weapon I came off Christmas Hill with". Nothing else was said.

I think many in the article are clerical errors.
That's one of the best Christmas celebrations I've ever heard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top