JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't you just love it.....when a Govt Agent.....can play with such toys but you're more or less prohibited by law?

Yeah......a hacksaw will do the obvious.

BUT, But, but......
That would be against the LAW.
So, at least pay your extra tax money and get your tax stamp approval (in hand).......FIRST.

View attachment 1321769

Aloha, Mark
the Shockwave and Tac 14 don't require tax stamps - they're listed as AOW

OK, Ok, ok...........
BUT, I'm cheap and have several full size SGs and of course a hacksaw.

AOW SHOTGUNS
Shotguns are probably the most common "any other weapon" you will see in use. Visually, they look like small shotguns and can be mistaken for short-barrel shotguns. Legally speaking, however, they are not shotguns, but merely an AOW that fires shotgun shells.

One of the main distinctions for AOWs is that they are concealable, but there is an important legal difference between an AOW and a sawed-off shotgun; a distinction that has major implications for your personal freedom.

An AOW shotgun is a firearm that is originally manufactured and assembled with an extremely short barrel. Usually pump-action, these weapons have smooth-bore barrels (no internal rifling) between 12 and 18 inches long. They can be chambered for different gauges, but are usually made for 12-gauge shells. Like other shotguns, they can fire pellets, buckshot, or slugs, and can obviously deliver a high amount of damage to the target. With such a short barrel, however, range is an issue, as slugs will fly off target and pellets will have a wide pattern.

A shotgun with a short barrel and stock removed is not an AOW. This is a sawed-off shotgun, or short-barreled shotgun. They are highly regulated and in many cases illegal to own. Arguably, there is little physical difference between an AOW shotgun and a sawed-off shotgun. Legally, there is a major difference. It may seem trivial, but although you can own an AOW, you cannot take your semi-automatic bird gun and turn it into a short, concealable weapon.

Taken from : https://www.silencercentral.com/blog/any-other-weapon/

Aloha, Mark

It's been a while since I read the NFA regs, but I believe the barrel length and overall length made me believe it had to be a Firearm rather than a Pistol or AOW. Washington state law (RCW) seems to leave room for it to be considered a pistol - for application of state laws only, of course.

It's been a while since I read the NFA regs, but I believe the barrel length and overall length made me believe it had to be a Firearm rather than a Pistol or AOW. Washington state law (RCW) seems to leave room for it to be considered a pistol - for application of state laws only, of course

when i purchased mine in 2017, it was listed as a pistol on the form and transferred as a pistol by my FFL

I have this letter from the Washington AG on this subject, but does not address the Mossberg shockwave by name

this forum had a very long discussion on this subject in 2017, has anything changed since then?

when i purchased mine in 2017, it was listed as a pistol on the form and transferred as a pistol by my FFL

I have this letter from the Washington AG on this subject, but does not address the Mossberg shockwave by name

this forum had a very long discussion on this subject in 2017, has anything changed since then?
Shockwave calls them Firearms, which is how I think mine was transfered.
1669849229189.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads