JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as it works properly, who cares lol
There's functioning right now, and there's "working properly". There can be a large difference between them, like an out of time revolver that uses the forcing cone to get lead from the unaligned cylinder into the bore.

When HK was contracted to diagnose and fix the British service rifle, then cut them away, installed sensors and took high speed films to understand how they were really working. Nothing like that happens in the US.

POF and MKE were both licensed to produce HK guns for their country's militaries back in the 70s, 80 and I think up until the 90s but the license to manufacture from HK is long gone.

HK did provide equipment, data packages and training to meet HK specs at the time as well but they have always been contracted guns and so marked and not actual HKs.

So, both the MKE and POF are 1980ish guns and all HK parts in that style fit them so they are a clone.

PTR is a copy of the HK products as they where never contracted to produce them and from what I understand they never had the data packet or supplied equipment and training so not all HK parts will fit without some modification. They were reversed engineered guns from what I understand.

I have 2 MKE guns one is the AP5 the other is the AP5-P with braces that I just picked up in March and so far, so good. They work and that is all I can ask them to do because for me they are a range toy to shoot and play with.

Do they have the HK fit and finish the answer is no, but to spend a 1000 more for the HK name for a range toy did not make sense to me? I got both guns for 3250 with tax and the HKs run 2800 to 2900 on average with tax so even if the MKEs last ½ as long I feel I still win in my mind as I have 2 to play with and both came with braces.

To add a brace to an HK you need to modify the brace and pay another 200 for the brace on top of the price of the HK.

I hope Zenith does well but only time will tell and if the price is right and they work, that is all anyone can ask.

Just my opinion

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads