JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I love my Arsenal SGL21... great rifle. I've been thinking of adding a US-made folding stock to it and I was wondering if any of the fine folks on this forum have experience with the following companies. I've tried to do some research myself:

ACE Rifle Stocks
ACE Modular Stocks

ACE seems to be a pretty popular company, and people love their stocks. Price is significant, though, and I'd have to cut the rear tang off my AK. Hmmm.

Bonesteel
Ak/Saiga Folding stock with integral AR15 extension tube
Ak/Saiga Folding stock with integral AR15 extension tube

Bonesteel seems to be right in the middle as far as price point... but I'm also intrigued that they offer an AR-style buffer tube PLUS folding stock. Sounds like it might be the best of both worlds?

Falcon Arms
AK-47 Folding Stock

Haven't found much about them except they're less expensive than other companies...

Any of you folks out there got a rifle with one of these companies stocks already?

I have an Ace folding stock on my PolyTech MAk90. I am very happy with it. I was nervous about cutting the tang off too, but now Im glad I did. Heres a picture of it without the folding mechanism. It now has the folding mechanism and is set up to fold to the left. I had it fold to the right, but the folded stock blocked the charging handle, and I didnt like that. Let me know if I can answer any questions about it.

nov10 023.jpg

ACE all the way. Krebs makes an adapter block that does not require cutting of the tang if you are concerned about, I believe Brownells and Midway both carry it.

I like how you can set it up to fold to the side of your choice. Many folders only go the left side which won't work with a receiver mount.

If interested, Ace also offers an adapter that will accept AR stock, it will fold and adjust LOP like the AR

Thanks for the tip, tits!

You mean this one:

AK-47/74 ACE Stock Adapter Block | Brownells

Brownell's is sold out... but at least that gives me an idea of what to look for...

Ace makes great stuff. Lots of options. Or you can hang a DPH stock on the Ace folding adapter.

Also a thumbs up for the Krebs no-tang-cut adapter.

NOTE: Keep in mind the additional length added by the no-tang-cut adapters. You have to add that in to the overall length in addition to the folding mechanism and stock.

DPH stock:

ace_stock_resized.jpg

ace_stock_resized.jpg

Yes, I believe they (The TSD and bonesteel) are one in the same, the bone steel from the side view didn't quite look like it at first, looked more like some ATI or command arms folding stock, so that was my observational bad.
Followup question, must it fold?
Not that there is anything wrong with folding stocks, I own many.
However, in the past I've made the mistake of cutting the rear tang off of one ofmy AKs. Its more of a novelty after a while. And somewhat restricts your options for a sturdy stock. (once the rear tang is removed) most of the AK community moved away from that thought process once new and better adapters came out. Not to mention, the folding hinges get a little sloppy after a while, they claim they get tighter as material moves away as per the design.. But in 2 of my ace folders I had some play before I placed some "tactical tape" in there to shim it up.

Also, depending on what folding set up you go with, and depending on what side it folds to the scope rail can get in the way. (especially with a moe or ctr stock and cheek riser) and if it folds to the right, the charging handle might not be operable while the stock is collapsed unless an angled shim is installed OR the adapter is lengthy or beefy enough to otherwise eliminate that problem due to the angle at which it folds... I.e. the extended external adapters.

So use anything that keeps the tang intact.
Bonesteel/TSD, krebs adapter, external ace adapter (looks like poo though) or a beryl folding stock.

Buuut if you just want an AK to AR stock adapter that fits darn near flush rifle dynamics has got a pretty innovative adapter, allows you to utilize a standard sling plate as well.

ZA brings up a lot of good points about folders. I'm not too fond of folding AK's for the reasons he brings up, but it can work with some planning.

As a note, for a fixed stock using an AR-style tube, Rifle Dynamics has a pretty cool adapter:

<broken link removed>

ZA brings up a lot of good points about folders. I'm not too fond of folding AK's for the reasons he brings up, but it can work with some planning.

As a note, for a fixed stock using an AR-style tube, Rifle Dynamics has a pretty cool adapter:

<broken link removed>

Sweet. Thanks for the link!

I definitely an a fan of the standard AK stock... probably one of the reasons I'm reluctant to cut my tang.

As far as getting a folding stock, it's because I'm looking at making the AK easier to transport, including making it a trunk and/or SHTF gun (easier to carry). My Arsenal is definitely my favorite rifle among the few that I own.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top