JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
US Law Shield looks to be part legit & part scam, have you read these reviews?

Out of 89 reviews, 62 are one-star, which seems pretty bad:eek:
No...this is a different company I believe.....US LAW SHIELD......Not Legal Shield.....will do more checking. Thank you.

I am a member of US Law Shield and so far think it's legit. As a member of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club I was invited to a presentation a few months ago. I had been looking for a legal service to join so was interested. The presentation was good, informative with the actual pro-gun lawyer on site to answer questions. i would suggest you attend one of their seminars if you have an interest because they are vastly different from other organizations.

What made me join:

1) The lawyer was there in person and obviously knew/owned firearms. Energetic and younger (than me) he seemed to know his $hit. Definitely was the kind of guy I would hire to defend me on a firearms/defense style case. So I did :)

2) It is basically pre-paid legal but this one has no limit. You don't pay for your defense up front and then get reimbursed some portion of it. Instead, I have an ID number and the guy's cell phone number in my wallet. If something goes down, I call. Seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

3) You can call the lawyer if you have simple questions.

4) I've been a member of DRRC for 20 years. I doubt they would let a scam organization in to solicit the membership.

5) The basic service covers your home state only. Each state has it's own group of lawyers which can be accessed via a 800 number if you're traveling. I bought up for this because I travel and pack. Seemed silly to only be covered in my home state...

Other upgrades are available of course - for family members, fish and game violations, etc...

All said and done I think it was $140 / year. That seemed reasonable to me for the piece of mind that I can call someone that I've met for guidance if the worst thing happens.

Like I said - go to their website, watch some videos, maybe attend a seminar. The jury is still out and I hope to never need them but I feel good about joining up.

HTH!

RKBA

Here are the terms for WA: https://www.uslawshield.com/legal-terms.php?pt=56

Of concern:
This Policy is subject to the laws of the jurisdiction that it is issued in.
If these types of plans are illegal in WA (I don't know this, but they're all being run out of the state by the Ins. Commissioner), would they have to pay anything at all?

This is also an issue:
b. Costs And Fees Not Covered Under This Contract. This Policy covers all Plan Attorneys' fees for a
covered incident, however, it is expressly understood that any expenses or costs associated with court filing fees, sheriff fees for service of summons or process, deposition and discovery costs, fines, penalties, damages assessed, investigators, expert witnesses, witnesses attendance, or other persons necessary to assist in the defense of the case, bail bonds, or other court fees shall be solely the responsibility of the Member and paid directly by the Member. This Policy shall not cover expenses related to securing the testimony or evidenceof any witness or expert witness, including but not limited to witness fees, witness travel expenses, and/or lodging.

Witness expenses would be enormous. I suppose it is better than nothing, and attorney fees would be even more than witness fees, but this isn't nearly as comprehensive as the plans WA has killed and could easily leave a person bankrupt. It might still be worth the $11/mo for attny fees though.

So you're going to pay for a insurance policy with a bunch of caveats that will most likely leave you without an attorney anyway...?
PS they get to pick the attorney to represent you, you have no say what so ever, kinda like getting a public defended and we all know how that works out. Can you say quick plea deal:eek:

So you're going to pay for a insurance policy with a bunch of caveats that will most likely leave you without an attorney anyway...?
PS they get to pick the attorney to represent you, you have no say what so ever, kinda like getting a public defended and we all know how that works out. Can you say quick plea deal:eek:
That is complete incorrect information. Please get your information right. I have my atty picked out and their phone number under Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network. Nothing is perfect but it's better than thousands of my own dollars which I don't have. Unlike some people.

If you have $100,000 to $200,000 on tap that you don't mind spending, then these services are a bad idea. If you don't, then you take what you can get. It's the same as with your homeowner's insurance -- if you get sued your insurance company will almost certainly assign you an attorney from their stable. If you have the money for your own, that's cool, but if you don't, you're gonna take what they give you.

I just read all the fine print for the ACLDN coverage and it looks like before you get any benifits from them you must first prove to them that it was a righteous shoot, and I couldn't find anywhere how much they are will to spend on you're defense if it goes to trial. The devil is in the details....

I used to be a USCCA member until I found out they wouldn't cover me at work, while on the clock etc. USCCA said it's my employer's job to keep me safe lol .... but I digress. So I contacted US Law Shield and spoke with a rep.? by the name of David.
I told him my issue and how I was treated by USCCA and I wanted to know if they would cover me while at work and carrying. This guy replied very vaguely and stopped replying any furthur. Ummmm okay!

So I never bothered to go any further.

I used to be a USCCA member until I found out they wouldn't cover me at work ... So I contacted US Law Shield and spoke with a rep. ... I wanted to know if they would cover me while at work and carrying. This guy replied very vaguely ...

From the link above (the WA version but I expect the OR version is similar):
g. This Policy specifically excludes providing legal representation by a Plan Attorney for Members or Covered Persons who use a weapon in the scope of their employment, including but not limited to, a police officer, a peace officer, security guard or military personnel.

That might be limited to people who use guns for work, but it might also mean if you are working, you aren't covered. Not positive about that.

They way I see it, as long as I am following state and federal laws and I use justified lethal force, I should be covered. Unfortunately the provider and I don't see eye to eye.

If a provider wants to take money and then use private company policies to not provide me with services, thats chicken poo behavior..... of course thats my opinion and I voted with my worthless federal reserve notes and ended my membership.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top