JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Think of it this way Kat, while he did screw it up he was TRYING to be polite and respectful. At least he wasn't blatantly rude. There are a couple other shops that have gotten rather large that don't have any customer service anymore; it's ignore you until you want to buy a gun, then paperwork, pay, and get out ASAP.

I don't mean to be rude, but don't care if I'm "Politically Correct" in asking HONESTLY;:)

Do you dress like a guy, talk like a guy, wear NO makeup, in other words, would the AVERAGE male or female mistake you for a guy?:confused:o_O

I've been in the above situation, the girl made some sort of light hearted joke about my mistake, and we went on with life.:D:D

You could think that, but you can see from her avatar that despite all those possibilities, her face is clearly female.

One lesson I learned the hard way, is to be careful asking a women how far along she is with her pregnancy and then to find out she's not expecting.

Last Edited:
Real funny, guys. :p
Seriously, I think it's obvious to most folks who look at my face that I am a female and have only been mistaken by people who do not look at my face. I do not take offense at mistakes. I've made mistakes myself. In my experience, another factor that some folks forget is that age and cancer treatments wreak havoc on a body, as it has in my case. Added to the fact that I love the outdoors and am not rich enough to afford cosmetic surgery, it doesn't make me a candidate for a beauty contest anymore. That's life, and I'm realistic about it.

I try not to judge others, and I can only hope that others return the favor.

I was the Manager at the store, left in NOV14 for training, deployment one of two places and if you guess Afghanistan your first guess does not count. In any case...

I sincerely apologize if you felt disrespected. I always did my best (and instructed my employees) to say sir and ma'am as it is just the right thing to do. Nothing else to say, someone said something wrong. Even though not there anymore, I apologize for that.

And, yes, after I left, but I am still responsible. I will make sure to let them know. Being an NCO just carries over...

Contact me and I will make it right.

Last Edited:
bohica,

Thanks for the response. At this point, I feel that I should not have brought this up on the forum, as it wasn't really anything catastrophic in the big picture of things. I was having a bad day. No restitution is necessary. We all live and learn, eh?

I appreciate that. My background is military, but working in a business demands more than my NCOness (if you can understand that).

Like I mentioned before, will be in a sandy (?) place soon, but I love the shop and want to make it work )I have no investment).

Thanks for getting back.

I visited this place for the first time shortly. The prices seemed ok, not great but ok.

At one point I was comparing two guns and the owner asked which one I was interested in and told him that I was comparing two and he said that only one gun can be out at a time.

Thankfully he left shortly thereafter and the two employees left were helpful and apologized. They were helpful for the most part and I was able to buy my gun pretty smoothly despite some small talk that made me cringe.

I will probably go there again but only if some of the other places don't have what I'm looking for.

3/5

I have used US Guns for transfers. They are quick and efficient.
I have also purchased firearms there. Prices are fair and selection varies.
I have referred others to US Guns on Barbur.

I bought a gun there a month or so ago, price was fair, and the employee , to me, was very helpful and nice, easy fast transaction, first time I had filled out a back ground check on a computer,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top