JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

So, the G47 is a G45 with a G17 MOS slide?? WTH is the point? The G45 is just a G17 frame with a shorter dust cover for the shorter G19 slide.

The G47 has absolutely no advantage or purpose over the G17 MOS.

This HAS to be Glock just playing a practical joke on the consumer. Or testing to see how many people are dumb enough to fall for it.

Glock-17-Gen5-MOS.jpg

Details-on-the-New-G47-Confirmed-By-Glock-1.jpg

So, the G47 is a G45 with a G17 MOS slide?? WTH is the point? The G45 is just a G17 frame with a shorter dust cover for the shorter G19 slide.

The G47 has absolutely no advantage or purpose over the G17 MOS.

This HAS to be Glock just playing a practical joke on the consumer. Or testing to see how many people are dumb enough to fall for it.

View attachment 569982

View attachment 569983

I think their name is the joke:
"US Customs and Border Protection"

I actually read some more info on the G47 and it was specifically developed for the $85 million Border Patrol contract which stated that it was preferred but not required to have the pistol be able to accept a shorter slide assembly. And the longer magazine baseplates. The G45 is essentially the same frame, but with a 19 length slide.

So, if you buy this Glock, you can buy a spare G19 slide and barrel assembly and use it on this frame, creating a G45. The spare G19 slide assembly is around $400 from Glock. While the G45 complete pistol can be had for $425 through the Blue Label/GSSF program.

Glock Fanbois are saying it is the ultimate Glock due to the ability to use two different length slides on the same fullsize frame. Or, you can use the G47 slide on a G19 frame to create a long slide G19.

Whatever...

Interesting. Another 9mm from Glock. Seems they have gone all in on trying to offer every configuration of their 9mm pistols, except the one I'd like to see; a G26 frame with a G19 slide.

But then again, I swore I'd buy a G23 if they came out with a Gen 5 version, but I want a safety. So, pretty sure I won't be buying anymore Glocks for a while.

Look into 80P builders. They have a set up like that! also with an RMR cut slide! 80pbuilder.com

Seems they have gone all in on trying to offer every configuration of their 9mm pistols, except the one I'd like to see; a G26 frame with a G19 slide.

Agreed, which is why I made one. Not sure it would work with the removable back strap models, but I cut my Gen 3 19 down using a Gen 3 26 as a model. With a Pearce Grip +2 extension I only lose 3 rounds and still manage a full grip, but significantly improve concealability while maintaining a perch for the TLR-7.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top