JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We had a great meeting today with staff people from the Oregon US Senate, the United States House of Representatives, a Clackamas Co. Commssioner and a bunch of USFS staff from the Clackamas Ranger District office and beyond. They visited Mt Hood National Forest today, hosted by USFS, and toured several projects and programs throughout the forest. One of those programs was about target shooting concerns.

Two representatives, from Northwest Firearms, were invited and attended. Ed Guinn and Cogs (yours truly). We did a full set up of the Target Shooter Information booth and dazzled them with our style and class!

The purpose of our attendance was to speak our reasons for our efforts in helping to effect Recreational Sport Shooting. We did. They listened! It was great! We had a captive audience of Democrat Congressional Staffers who heard our message of our right to shoot on public land, our belief that no one has a right to abuse our public land and of our efforts to make positive changes.

In attendance were staffers representing the offices of;
Jr. Senator Jeff Merkley,
3rd Dist Representative Earl Blumenauer,
5th Dist Representative Kurt Schrader,
Clackamas County Commissioner Tootie Smith.

We don't know how those staffers will report to their Representatives, or the Jr. Senator, but we do know our presentation was well received with open ears and an attentive group. We will hope for positive things.

Thanks to our partners, Mt Hood National Forest Service in Estacada! We appreciate the opportunity to join forces once again in this special way!

Cogs

(I'm sure Ed Quinn will chime in on this as soon as he is available to do so).

Awesome! Great for you guys, its wonderful to have direct representation.
If it were not for @Joe Link and his vision for this web site organization, we would not be making such a positive impact on behalf of gun owners. I appreciate his support for gun owners and his dedication to reach out and make a difference. Joe's outreach is to all gun owners and all aspect of gun ownership. He is effectively doing that by providing a gun owner community environment that encourages this kind of proactive involvement. Thanks for your work, Joe!

If it were not for @Joe Link and his vision for this web site organization, we would not be making such a positive impact on behalf of gun owners. I appreciate his support for gun owners and his dedication to reach out and make a difference. Joe's outreach is to all gun owners and all aspect of gun ownership. He is effectively doing that by providing a gun owner community environment that encourages this kind of proactive involvement. Thanks for your work, Joe!

Heh, while I greatly appreciate the thanks and recognition, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Fact is, none of this outreach would be possible without Bill and his tremendous dedication to these outreach and volunteer programs we're building. Thank you, Bill!

I'd also like to thank those of you who have taken the time to volunteer for our events and other 2A events around the Northwest. Talk is cheap; action and involvement make the difference :)

I would love to see more get togethers and meet ups. Not just meeting up, but doing something to give back or clean up our woods.

I love when we can show our communities that we are more than hillbilly gun nuts. (Speaking for myself) that we can about our community, our neighbors, our forests, and this country.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thank all of you for the commitment you have and getting these activities together.

I would love to see more get togethers and meet ups. Not just meeting up, but doing something to give back or clean up our woods.

I love when we can show our communities that we are more than hillbilly gun nuts. (Speaking for myself) that we can about our community, our neighbors, our forests, and this country.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thank all of you for the commitment you have and getting these activities together.
Then you should take a Saturday drive up to Estacada this Sat Aug 1st. We can join other NWFA members in a shoot out and I'll buy your lunch!
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...s-fun-day-w-target-shooter-info-booth.202228/

Reading this a story comes to mind about how a bunch of rowdy street racers got together with city and state leaders and ended up creating the NHRA to promote safe racing instead of the dangerous street racing that was going on in the late 40's early 50's. I see the Target shooting movement doing the same thing. A positive way to effect change that benefits all involved. Good on you guys.

Thanks for all the supportive comments here everyone.
Joe Link's continued commitment to his vision connects us in a 'virtual' world, and has given birth to an idea that encourages us to get out and meet each other in the 'real' world.

As volunteer coordinator, Cogs has taken the concept forward with dedication and tenacity. Together with rangerlars (our USFS contact), and others, the TSIP booth has become a unique and valuable point of contact with the public.

Since it was launched earlier this year, gun owners, the shooting community, and 2A rights supporters have had a vehicle to create awareness and safety for all recreational users.

The positive message this sends is just what we need, as responsible firearms enthusiasts, to counter the negative images of guns, and gun owners that blanket media currently.

It's not just for target shooters and not just about firearm safety and ethical behaviors.

The information we provide includes education about important precautions and techniques for everyone, in order to prevent accidental wild land fires.

This educational outreach effort has caught the attention of some important people, and has the potential to grow and even expand to other public lands in other states.

I'm glad to be able help get this program off the ground, and want to see booths every weekend everywhere!

To make that happen we need many more people who are willing to donate time to the effort.
The chance to DO something is here - please make the choice to join us on the front lines.

Don't know about you, but I want to do all I can to protect our rights to recreate on public lands freely.

I'm proud to associate myself with other like minded folks that I met right here on this site.

Thanks again fellas - ya done good!

You must be in the same line of work as me. Fixing Air Conditioners!

You're PSYCHIC! I do (service and install) A/C's, boilers (water and fire tube types including the big multi-MULTI-million BTU ones), chillers, cooling towers, walk-in coolers/freezers, steam plants, specialized server farm cooling systems, hydronics, pumps (of every size and description), building environmental controls, variable frequency drives (VFD's), etc. Mainly industrial and commercial stuff, and a LOT of high tech companies for clients.

The money is FANTASTIC, but it's a LOT to keep up on with electrical and boiler licenses (continuing education after hours), OSHA certs, crane and rigging certs, welding/brazing certs, technology that's ALWAYS changing/upgrading (every five minutes), and clients that can lose $$thousands$$, sometimes $$MILLIONS$$ per hour when their systems are down... plus I'm the department foreman that runs the other service mechanic-goons in the field.

It's little wonder why my free time is so limited. I haven't had more than a week off at any one time, and that was over a year ago when I actually took a full week off... now that I think about it! :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top