JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah...The Henry a most storied Yankee rifle....Some folks like 'em,
I've handled two original Henry rifles...one from 1863 and one from 1864
Shot a few replicas....

To be honest the only Damn Yankees that I do like ....
Is that rock group by the same name....:D
Andy

Neat-o, love the early experiments in repeaters, some that went on to success, some that didn't, but none the less, super cool!

Now, a true Damn Yankee Repeater would be the Colt Revolving Rifle, and I'm highly biased! :D

IIRC, one of the defenders engaged the bad guys with a Smith's Pat, Carbine in the Northfield MN raid.

I need to replace the tumbler in mine. It has a Dixie Gun Works replacement in it, but it's not heat treated. I would try case hardening it, but I don't think it is strong enough to use.
Does anybody know if the Pieta reproduction tumbler would work in an original?

You have it correct..local lore does state that a Smith Carbine was used there,

As for the Pietta tumbler...
I don't know...Metric vs. Standard may play a part here....
www.ssfirearms.com may have a tumbler as well ....

In any event I'd order two of 'em..as drop in fit ...usually ain't ...
And Murphy loves to "help" me , when I restore an old gun...:eek: :D
Andy

You may be surprised. A good friend had an original Sharps ('69 Conversion) in 45-2 7/8" (45-110). The original falling block had a one piece firing pin that constantly broke. It was next to impossible to get replacement firing pins, and the cast ones he found would break as well. He found a complete block at a gunsmiths shop from a blown up Pedersolli reproduction 74 Sharps. It fit his rifle like a glove. About the only thing metric I have seen on those Italian reproductions are metric screws / threads.

200.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top