JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah...The Henry a most storied Yankee rifle....Some folks like 'em,
I've handled two original Henry rifles...one from 1863 and one from 1864
Shot a few replicas....

To be honest the only Damn Yankees that I do like ....
Is that rock group by the same name....:D
Andy

Neat-o, love the early experiments in repeaters, some that went on to success, some that didn't, but none the less, super cool!

Now, a true Damn Yankee Repeater would be the Colt Revolving Rifle, and I'm highly biased! :D

IIRC, one of the defenders engaged the bad guys with a Smith's Pat, Carbine in the Northfield MN raid.

I need to replace the tumbler in mine. It has a Dixie Gun Works replacement in it, but it's not heat treated. I would try case hardening it, but I don't think it is strong enough to use.
Does anybody know if the Pieta reproduction tumbler would work in an original?

You have it correct..local lore does state that a Smith Carbine was used there,

As for the Pietta tumbler...
I don't know...Metric vs. Standard may play a part here....
www.ssfirearms.com may have a tumbler as well ....

In any event I'd order two of 'em..as drop in fit ...usually ain't ...
And Murphy loves to "help" me , when I restore an old gun...:eek: :D
Andy

You may be surprised. A good friend had an original Sharps ('69 Conversion) in 45-2 7/8" (45-110). The original falling block had a one piece firing pin that constantly broke. It was next to impossible to get replacement firing pins, and the cast ones he found would break as well. He found a complete block at a gunsmiths shop from a blown up Pedersolli reproduction 74 Sharps. It fit his rifle like a glove. About the only thing metric I have seen on those Italian reproductions are metric screws / threads.

200.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads