JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Remember rule #1 and let's be excellent to each other. Let's knock off the chippy name-calling.

Thanks in advance.

Remember rule #1 and let's be excellent to each other. Let's knock off the chippy name-calling.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude, or mean, but asking young men about their facial hair, and its connection to whether they get "poon" just seemed really creepy to me. Red flags and all...I have a son, and well...if some random man asked him that. I'd be having words with that man.

No issue when you make a general statement, but we try and stay away from comments directed toward another member.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude, or mean, but asking young men about their facial hair, and its connection to whether they get "poon" just seemed really creepy to me. Red flags and all...I have a son, and well...if some random man asked him that. I'd be having words with that man.
Someone appearantly doesn't get Certaindeaf's sense of humor... Bangs dead on wall in absence of emoji's

The Joker is celebrated among Incels, who are known for mass murder. Buena Vista shooting, Virginia Tech, Dayton, and a box truck ran through a crowd in Toronto.

^^^I've believed this for years.

Sex is a commodity in the information age. You are surrounded by Tinder culture, but you also live in a world that is openly dismissive of maleness. There is no outlet for a lot of these young men. Some of them just get lost and go down the wrong path.

In my life, in sports, fraternal organizations, business, I've had the privilege to work with and meet a great many young men, and help develop them. The relief on their faces when they are able to cut loose and be themselves, and feel like they belong to the pack, that tells me a lot of these guys have had zero leadership in their lives.

I don't condone any of the murderous speech and loose talk from the "Incel" movement. I do think the next time you meet a young man who is a little bit wayward, instead of picking on him, think about taking him under your wing.

^^^I've believed this for years.

Sex is a commodity in the information age. You are surrounded by Tinder culture, but you also live in a world that is openly dismissive of maleness. There is no outlet for a lot of these young men. Some of them just get lost and go down the wrong path.

In my life, in sports, fraternal organizations, business, I've had the privilege to work with and meet a great many young men, and help develop them. The relief on their faces when they are able to cut loose and be themselves, and feel like they belong to the pack, that tells me a lot of these guys have had zero leadership in their lives.

I don't condone any of the murderous speech and loose talk from the "Incel" movement. I do think the next time you meet a young man who is a little bit wayward, instead of picking on him, think about taking him under your wing.
What is it with this need to get involved in young men's lives you have no personal relationship too? How about talking to parents first.

1569801956260m.jpg
1569800504022.png

First it was the Airforce now the US Army? Whens the Marines/Navy/CG gonna warn me about hollywood hype movie astroturf?

Guess they learned with the IT remake if ya can spook up people it generates more hype and money.

What is it with this need to get involved in young men's lives you have no personal relationship too? How about talking to parents first.

Never had a mentor that wasn't a family member? According to the census, births to single mothers now outnumber births to conventional families. If young men didn't need some sort of interaction from older males, they wouldn't commit a disproportionate amount of crime or make up a big chunk of the homeless.

"I do think the next time you meet a young man who is a little bit wayward, instead of picking on him, think about taking him under your wing."

So you're saying I shouldn't try taking young men I meet under my wing when I think they are wayward?

I'm saying if you have occasion to be an a*hole, maybe try listening instead

Never had a mentor that wasn't a family member? According to the census, births to single mothers now outnumber births to conventional families. If young men didn't need some sort of interaction from older males, they wouldn't commit a disproportionate amount of crime or make up a big chunk of the homeless.

Yep

Nope, had plenty of male family members around. And for those that don't, and seems to be a fear of becoming incels for this specific post there's no evidence their lack of an older male figure has anything to do with their beliefs. None I've seen, or read that is scientifically backed by real data.

Nope, had plenty of male family members around. And for those that don't, and seems to be a fear of becoming incels for this specific post there's no evidence their lack of an older male figure has anything to do with their beliefs. None I've seen, or read that is scientifically backed by real data.

It was a response to your comment about being involved in the lives of non-related males. Not a hypothesis that young men without fathers will be incels.

I'm glad you got your schit together so tight that you never needed any help or guidance from a coach, neighbor, teacher, senior coworker or superior.

Anywho
It was a response to your comment about being involved in the lives of non-related males. Not a hypothesis that young men without fathers will be incels.

I'm glad you got your schit together so tight that you never needed any help or guidance from a coach, neighbor, teacher, senior coworker or superior.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the Joker movie!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads