JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you use your gun in self defense. do you have to submit to a drug test? The reason i ask is.the doc prescribed me some pain killers for my back. I just don't wanna get into any trouble with the law. (if you don't know ask)

I'm not an expert or anything, but I would think that since they are prescribed it would be hard to use against you, unless you were eating hand fulls or something. I could see them testing for how much you had in your system and then comparing that to your prescribed dosage. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not a doctor nor do i play one on TV :D

No, they can't. To the best of my knowledge, DUI's are the the only time urine tests can be used in a criminal investigation - and they're uncommon there, because they don't show whether or not a person was intoxicated at a particular time.

You'd probably have to be taking something that seriously affected your judgment or perception of reality for a prescription to become an issue for you.

And it would likely become an issue only if it caused you to do something wrong, in which case it would be part of your defense.

As long as you feel like you can carry safely while you're medicated, you should be ok.

well, first thing that comes to mind are what are the know listed side effects of the drug? if there is some like rage, hallucination, mood swings, maybe even erectile dysfunction (hey it could lead to rage/mood swings haha).. Things that could possibly effect you then I think a good lawyer could use that against you... possibly?

well, first thing that comes to mind are what are the know listed side effects of the drug? if there is some like rage, hallucination, mood swings, maybe even erectile dysfunction (hey it could lead to rage/mood swings haha).. Things that could possibly effect you then I think a good lawyer could use that against you... possibly?

Or in your defense... The most important thing in a circumstance like this is judgment.

Honestly, I think if I were prescribed a drug that would alter or limit my facilities, I would think very hard about packing for a few days. Whether this means you hang out with someone else who can carry (like a wife or significant other) or limit your outings. Whether or not you can be drug tested if you were involved in a defensive shooting is questionable, but any overzealous prosecutor or civil attorney would argue that it (the drug) altered your state and you didn't have full knowledge of your actions. Yes, its dumb. But always remember, the burden of evidence is lower in a civil case then it is in a criminal case.

+1 mountainbear -

Recently had some major dental work done.

Doc prescribed me some Percoset. Well, I was hurting

Pretty bad, so took the dose.

I can tell you, no drivee, no workee, no pistolee.

Just park on the easy chair and get better.

isher

If you have something in your system and have a valid prescription for it.. no worries.

Don't know what there giving you. But last year I went on a 2 or 3 month Steroid stint prescribed from the doctors. I did not carry, because it REALLY did affect my moods. Half the time I didn't realize it; but people around me made sure I would.

If it's flexril or something to that affect. Might want to try it before you go do other activities. One will sometimes put me down but 2 will knock me out.

Just be smart. But as long as something is prescribed, then you should be fine.

As long as you heed the warnings on the bottle for the particular drug, you'll be fine.

If it states any affects that would impair judgment, then I would think more about it.

I'd certainly find out what affects the drugs have on me before doing anything serious.

most drugs that would mess with you will be evident up front. any altered state would be taken into account in a trial...you can bet on that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top