JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From OFF's Facebook page:

Some of you may have received an alert from NRA warning of a last minute push to pass SB 700, the background check expansion bill. That bill along with three other anti-gun bills is currently sitting in the Rules Committee of the Senate. We believe that, in fact, there will be a last minute attempt to amend the bill and rush it to the floor. This would be in keeping with Peter Courtney's style of dirty tricks. He did the same thing last session with an attempt to ban self defense on school property. Because things can happen so fast at this point in the session, stay tuned and watch the Rules Committee. It would not be a bad idea to blast the Senators one more time. (You can still use our automailer.)

For what it's worth, I just fired another email off to Jackie Winters. This was in addition to the group emails to democrat and republican senators. Here's the text of the email specifically for her:

Dear Senator Winters,

I’ve recently received a call from Ceasefire Oregon stating that you are considering voting for passage of SB700. It’s also well known that The Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, is trying to impose his oppressive laws onto the people of Oregon. Senator, please do not give in to this effort to turn Oregon into a clone of New York and California. In case you hadn’t seen the news, there were 25 people shot in Bloombergs’ New York City this weekend. We all know that Chicago and NY city have the toughest gun control laws in the country, and yet they still have the highest murder rates. That’s proof positive that the restrictive laws do nothing to reduce this type of crime.

During the public hearings by the Senate Judiciary committee in April, we heard from a woman who lamented that guns were sold to criminals in high crime neighborhoods, from the trunk of a car. Senator, if the current laws were enforced, police could have been there to verify that the activity was being conducted legally. Instead, the person testifying said absolutely nothing about notifying the police about something she saw that was suspicious. It’s already illegal for felons and those who have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent to have guns. Why in the world are we not enforcing the current laws instead of trying to pass new ones?

Senator Winters, please vote NO on passage of more “feel good” laws that do nothing to protect Oregonians.

Regards,

CRITICAL ALERT MESSAGE FROM KEVIIN RECEIVED AT 7:56 AM THIS MORNING.. Please contact all of the senators and committeee memebers involved in the antigun bills and those that represent you. See the earlier postings on this thread that will provide you with the contact info. Kevin reports "At this point nothing is official. The problem is things are going to move so fast we can't wait untill it IS official". Kevin further statetes "I'll put it on Facebook. But if you post on NWF feel free to say that we spoke and I have good info". Please immediately contact and recontact your senators, etc. to oppose any of the gun bills and "any variations" of the current gun bills. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The receptionist at Senator Winters office was non-committal about SB700 when I spoke with her a few minutes ago. She seemed a little distracted so not sure if that indicates anything or not.

I just sent emails of opposition to the current guns bills or their variations to Sen. Prozanski, Close, Kruse,
Robaln, and Dingfelder. Yesterday, I sent an email to 11 senators. Please keep up the pressure and persist. Thanks.

Keep this active and get word to as many people that support the 2ndas you possibly can. These bills need to be dealt a death blow and never allowed to rise from the ashes again. Persistence and tenacity is all those people understand. The antis are also at their door and we must drown them out to prevail.
Bury them with calls and letters

TOMORROW I WILL RESEND A GENTLE REMINDER TO ALL SENATORS AND THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO OPPOSE ALL THESE BILLS ALONG WITH ANY VARIATIONS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN AGREED UPON [WITHOUT PUBLIC REVIEW]. PLEASE BE MINDFUL TO DOUBLE UP ON YOUR EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS. HOUND THESE PEOPLE! PLEASE CONTACT YOUR FRIENDS OR POST ON OTHER BOARDS FOR NOTIFICATION. THANKS.

Dont be so gentle this time around, but a little firm. They work for us. At least they are supposed to.
Oregon has been too Kalifornicated and the marxist left wing creep has to be stopped. Leftists only understand a LOUD ringing in their ears. Lets all give it to them.

I posted this in the other main thread on this subject. But thought it an important enough piece of ammo that could be useful in your message to your representative.

Interesting read on Mayor Bloomberg hiring lobbyist to get the stalled gun-control bills in Salem moving. Most interesting is this part below.

"Some lobbyists working on behalf of the mayors' coalition say they have been given a piece of cautionary advice: avoid mentioning Mr. Bloomberg's name, for fear that it could alienate potential allies. "I don't think we've ever used the word Bloomberg," Mr. Griffin said.

Although the coalition says it did not instruct lobbyists to omit the mayor's name, it is clear that Mr. Bloomberg's high profile has made him the focal point of much of the anger that has accompanied the debate over gun rights.
"

I posted this in the other main thread on this subject. But thought it an important enough piece of ammo that could be useful in your message to your representative.

Interesting read on Mayor Bloomberg hiring lobbyist to get the stalled gun-control bills in Salem moving. Most interesting is this part below.

"Some lobbyists working on behalf of the mayors’ coalition say they have been given a piece of cautionary advice: avoid mentioning Mr. Bloomberg’s name, for fear that it could alienate potential allies. “I don’t think we’ve ever used the word Bloomberg,” Mr. Griffin said.

Although the coalition says it did not instruct lobbyists to omit the mayor’s name, it is clear that Mr. Bloomberg’s high profile has made him the focal point of much of the anger that has accompanied the debate over gun rights.
"

I can see it now! With this info that you passed on I will use this info in my running email headline tomorrow to oppose all current gun bills in Oregon! We do not need big city politics nor Bloomberg's governerment in Oregon. I'll send it to about 17 Senators in the am, maybe later tonight.

Yes. I recall reading the notice. At about the same time I think that CeaseFire Oregon erupted with renewed vigor in their antigun campaign. It would really be nice if they targeted the groups that are prone to gun violence as described by the Bureau of Justice Statistics division--males, black and those between 18-24. Most probably gang thugs.

I sent out a renewed email about an hour ago to all Senators on by list. Duplicate submissions at times like these are great to keep the statements comming across the desk of the senators and their aides.

Yes, Just stay Active and in their face and keep active.
The minute this lulls, they WILL sneak it through. There is little these
people? will not do to subvert the 2nd.
DO NOT LET UP, EVER.

I'm going to continue with updates and sent gentle reminders daily untill this is finished. The last two days I have sent about 2 email per day to the committee members and all the republician and some of the progun dem senators. If you know of otheres that I should sent to please do so.

This quote is on Sen. Kruse's home page. I quoted it in my email to him. Let's see if he means it.

"I am here to help make the following a reality: State government should address only legitimate needs of the people of Oregon, in a cost effective manner, so Oregonians can have the freedom and personal resources necessary to run their own lives."

Just so we're all clear....

SB 700 is not in the Judiciary Committee, it is in the Rules Committee. It has already passed Judiciary, sending e-mails to the members of Judiciary won't do any good (beyond the good it would do to send it to any other Senator).

DON'T FOCUS ON THE 5 SENATORS LISTED IN THE ORIGINAL POST OF THIS THREAD

Here is a list of the members of the Senate Rules Committee:

Diane Rosenbaum, Chair (D-Portland)
[email protected]
503-986-1700

Ted Ferrioli, Vice-Chair (R-John Day)
[email protected]
503-986-1950

Lee Beyer (D-Springfield)
[email protected]
503-986-1706

Ginny Burdick (D-Portland)
[email protected]
03-986-1718

Bruce Starr (R-Hillsboro)
[email protected]
503-986-1715

These are the folks who will be amending the bill, these are the folks who will be sending it to the Senate Floor, these are the folks we need to be e-mailing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top