JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Urgent, You need to get this onto every board on your site tonight.

NRA-ILA | Oregon Contact Your State Senator in Opposition to Bill that Targets LawAbiding Gun Owners

Oregon: Contact Your State Senator in Opposition to Bill that Targets Law-Abiding Gun Owners
Posted on May 31, 2013

Print Email Share

Your immediate action is needed! The state Senate could vote soon on Senate Bill 700, harmful legislation that will only penalize law-abiding gun owners. SB 700 seeks to criminalize otherwise lawful private firearm transfers done without a background check, imposes burdensome requirements for compliance and carries steep penalties for any misstep or violation in the process. This legislation could be voted on at any time and it’s critical that it be stopped! Contact your state Senator now and urge his or her opposition to Senate Bill 700.

Senate Bill 700 requires background checks on private firearm transfers, criminalizing otherwise lawful private transfers of firearms. This proposed law contains many arduous requirements, including:

A condition that any “approved” transaction take place within 24 hours or it is no longer legal and must be re-submitted for approval.
The person who transfers the firearm is required to have the purchaser complete a government form and to retain a copy of that completed form for five years.
Law enforcement will be allowed to retain records of all private transactions for five years.
Any misstep or violation of the provisions in this bill, if enacted into law, carries severe penalties that could result in jail time, heavy fines and AND even permanent loss of your Second Amendment rights.

Contact your state Senator IMMEDIATELY and urge them to OPPOSE SB 700. Contact information for your state legislators can be found here.

Senate Judiciary Committee:

Senator Floyd Prozanski (D-4), Chairman
503-986-1704
[email protected]

Senator Betsy Close (R-8), Vice-Chairman
503-986-1708
[email protected]

Senator Jeff Kruse (R-1)
503-986-1701
[email protected]

Senator Arnie Roblan (D-5)
503-986-1705
[email protected]

Senator Jackie Dingfelder (D-23)
503-986-1723
[email protected]

I pray you are correct.
I received that today from the nraila, but have not heard anything from Kevin Starrett of off ? He is usually on top of any bill movement.
I get the daily alerts and agendas from the state and have not seen anything yet, but better to err on the side of caution, so nothing slides by. Stay alert.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

As reported in other posts, Ceasefire Oregon is making calls and asking people to contact Senator Jackie Winters to support passage of the bills. They seem to think that she may change her mind since the Bloomberg machine is lending support for the bills.

PLAY IT ON THE SAFE SIDE--THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY BILLS GET PASSED AT THE LAST MOMENT. I'LL BE SENDING MY NOTE OF OPPOSITION TO AS MANY AS I CAN! PLEASE DO THE SAME. P.S.. WHEN PEOPLE LOOK THE OTHER WAY THIS IS HOW BILLS BET PASSED!

I e-mailed Kevin when you first sent it to me; there has been no actual movement in the last few weeks. This alert is outdated, copied and pasted from a month ago. Why would they tell us to contact the members of the Judiciary Committee when the bill has already passed out of Judiciary?

If Kevin gets new information he'll share it.

Thats strange. It came in the nraila alert letter dated friday (2 days ago) ??
Oh well its a good thing its still on hold. Lets hope it stays that way.

Urgent!!!!!!!! Please pay attention. This is the real deal. I just received a e-mail form Kevin this morning. He states "It appears the inteniton is to amend thsi bill and rush it to the floor so there can be no minority report. We are now under very short notice rules, so anything can happen " (11:35 am). Taku published this on 5/31 and the NRA-ILA published this notice the other day. Please donot stand on ceremonies and write your Seantors and Reps now to oppose SB 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please notify all possible advocates to oppose this bill, any amendments and current anti-guin bills.

Urgent!!!!!!!! Please pay attention. This is the real deal. I just received a e-mail form Kevin this morning. He states "It appears the inteniton is to amend thsi bill and rush it to the floor so there can be no minority report. We are now under very short notice rules, so anything can happen " (11:35 am). Taku published this on 5/31 and the NRA-ILA published this notice the other day. Please donot stand on ceremonies and write your Seantors and Reps now to oppose SB 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please notify all possible advocates to oppose this bill, any amendments and current anti-guin bills.

Well, that sucks. Time to get going I guess!

SUCKS IS RIGHT
WAKE PEOPLE UP.
THEY DON'T NEED SLEEP ANYWAY <g>
We sent the letters, but were not so nice to them this time.
They need to know that this is unacceptable and anti Constitution and anti American.
They know it will do nothing but burden good citizens, and criminals will just continue to ignore the laws as always.
Get ANGRY this time, they cannot be allowed to skate this by without a solid hide tanning. Then start working now to make sure they never get elected to office again !

Last Edited:
Never ever trust a politician. Keep the letters and phone #'s going. The only hold we have is fear of losing that Cush job and all the beans that go with it.
We must find someone to do an initiative to keep legislators away from getting PERS. No reason that a 401 K should not be their retirement feature.
If everyone that has joined Northwest firearms would get 5 others to sign the petition in could work.

when is this suppose to go through and a time for possible voting?

more data would inform others faster, by the way
being new to my district and the state, but I am now a resident, who is the senator for Corvallis? I am having a hard time finding it

Here's a link to help you find your representatives: Oregon State Legislature - Legislator Pro

Here's a link to the state legislator web site: <broken link removed> . This one seems a little difficult to navigate but there is quite a bit of information there. Click on the OLIS link on the right hand side for specific bill and meeting information.

Check out Oregon Firearms Federation: Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Lobby - Oregon Firearms Federation, especially the Alerts section. This is our Oregon specific group that is doing a fantastic job fighting for our rights.

when is this suppose to go through and a time for possible voting?

more data would inform others faster, by the way
being new to my district and the state, but I am now a resident, who is the senator for Corvallis? I am having a hard time finding it
Try this to find them.
<broken link removed>

I'm guessing your in district 8 which is represented by Betsy Close.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top