JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They (KT) get a lot of bad press and they certainly are NOT for everyone but, I really love mine still. Mine is an old Gen 1 and if I ever manage to wear it out I will buy a GenII. Its always impressed me with how compact and light the damn thing is. can carry it in a laptop case with the laptop. So if ever "caught" in a bad spot it could be a real saver. I have been a PCC fanboy from a kid. Love my larger heavier one for fun and games but, those S2K's have a place with me in my just in case.
I've never understood the Kel-Tec haters. They are making some of the most innovative firearms on the market today. They broke the mold... I guess some people don't like that. OK, each to their own. I don't know if you saw my review of my new P17, but it is seriously the coolest gun I've bought in a long time.

I've never understood the Kel-Tec haters. They are making some of the most innovative firearms on the market today. They broke the mold... I guess some people don't like that. OK, each to their own. I don't know if you saw my review of my new P17, but it is seriously the coolest gun I've bought in a long time.
Before the net it was mostly word of mouth. They made something "shockingly cheap". A LOT of people wanted to believe the guns had to be crap since they paid so much more. All around the watering hole you heard "fact" that they were crap. My first time was a P-11 I still have. I had all my life kept a 5 shot .38 as a "coat pocket" gun. Last girl to leave the nest was gifted last one I had when she decamped. When I went to buy another I was talked into trying the P-11. I was sure there was no way in hell that $200 gun could work. Well was I ever wrong. Still have that pistol decades later. Then the P-32 was advertised as coming. Had to get on a wait list months till they called me that it was my turn. When they handed it to me I thought it was crap. Felt like a kids toy. Went back to range, soon was out front to buy more ammo. Next I was out front to get on the wait list for another. Still have one of those although its a safe queen. It still works. I worked with a lot of people who carried and told me they "knew" KT made junk. I would offer to let them shoot mine. Every single person who tried mine would head out front to order one. Decades have gone by, nothing has really changed. :s0092:
Matters not to me as I have no piece of the Co so those who hate on them? :s0092:
The guy who started the Co is quite the inventor. I did see what you wrote about their latest .22 and was impressed but not really surprised to hear they again made something that just works.

Before the net it was mostly word of mouth. They made something "shockingly cheap". A LOT of people wanted to believe the guns had to be crap since they paid so much more. All around the watering hole you heard "fact" that they were crap. My first time was a P-11 I still have. I had all my life kept a 5 shot .38 as a "coat pocket" gun. Last girl to leave the nest was gifted last one I had when she decamped. When I went to buy another I was talked into trying the P-11. I was sure there was no way in hell that $200 gun could work. Well was I ever wrong. Still have that pistol decades later. Then the P-32 was advertised as coming. Had to get on a wait list months till they called me that it was my turn. When they handed it to me I thought it was crap. Felt like a kids toy. Went back to range, soon was out front to buy more ammo. Next I was out front to get on the wait list for another. Still have one of those although its a safe queen. It still works. I worked with a lot of people who carried and told me they "knew" KT made junk. I would offer to let them shoot mine. Every single person who tried mine would head out front to order one. Decades have gone by, nothing has really changed. :s0092:
Matters not to me as I have no piece of the Co so those who hate on them? :s0092:
The guy who started the Co is quite the inventor. I did see what you wrote about their latest .22 and was impressed but not really surprised to hear they again made something that just works.
I like Kel-Tec too but my P-11 sounds like a rattlesnake in my pocket--even with the 12 round mag. I've never had a gun with worse magazine rattle

The start!

0AB69303-B03E-45E6-81B0-41EF481177BE.jpeg

Pistol/Handgun - pistol caliber
Carbine/SBR - rifle cartridge
Completely concur! I get the whole idea of PCC but it's still just a pistol round… look nothing wrong with them but honestly either get an SBR or make/build AR pistol in a Rifle Caliber and call it good! But if having an H&K MP5, B&T 9, AR9, blah blah blah whatever is what ya want because it's America and we love guns then freaking rock out!

Thinking about it, I wouldn't feel bad about something in .45ACP with a barrel juuuuust short enough to keep them at 1k ft/second. 230 grains at just under the speed of sound with a good suppressor sounds like a winning ticket to me. Until ranges go beyond building length

Completely concur! I get the whole idea of PCC but it's still just a pistol round… look nothing wrong with them but honestly either get an SBR or make/build AR pistol in a Rifle Caliber and call it good! But if having an H&K MP5, B&T 9, AR9, blah blah blah whatever is what ya want because it's America and we love guns then freaking rock out!
You know.. just sticking a shoulder stock on a regular pistol is enough to put it into the whole "SBR" category... no shoulder stock, but a 2nd vertical grip (90 degreeish)? "AOW"... according to the ATF. And to refresh.. for the longest time.. the definitions according to the GCA and NFA...

1. Rifle, any caliber with a shoulder stock and rifled barrel

2. Shotgun, any caliber with a shoulder stock and smoothbore barrel

3. Pistol, any caliber with a rifled barrel, no shoulder stock, designed to be held and fired by one hand, no 2nd vert grip (further definitions to be determined :rolleyes: )

Now.. for NFA specifics..

SBR= any shoulder stocked firearm with a rifled barrel less than 16";. (Shoulder stock further definition to be determined :rolleyes: )

SBS= any shoulder stocked firearm with a smoothbore barrel less than 18"
(Seems pretty safe, but... its the ATF... :rolleyes: )

AOW= any weapon made from a rifle, or a shotgun, or a pistol "so modified", and is concealable with the note that, the ATF has held that 26.5" OAL is the thresshold between "concealable" and "not concealable"... that do not fit the other definitions.. 2nd vertical handgrips count here. Further definitions may be applied here :rolleyes:

Me eyes are getting such a workout I might be seeing my own optical nerves.. :p

Edit. The above is the biggest reason for why most pistol caliber carbines are available with 16" barrels unless they're literally SBRs or done up to be "pistols" but with braces and so forth.

Nice man!! Can't wait to see it done!!
Primary Arms has a good sale going so I got pretty much every part needed to complete the lower. Ordered a Q Cherry bomb for the muzzle last night. Lastly will be the bolt. Aim has a Kaw Valley for 109 but I secretly want another Taccom bolt to finish it up. That and once I get the lower together, I'll need to submit for my permission slip.

There are two kinds of guns that I almost never see one and do not want. 1911's and these small PCC's. Lot of people seem to love to hate on them :s0092:. I just LOVE them! :D
One of the first guns I owned was the Beretta CX4. Way before the AR15s took off. It was, at the time, my favorite gun to shoot. Traded it off for a Saiga 12, only to get another ,any years later to replace it. I'll never get rid of the second, helps that it's a SBR and selling those isn't as easy. I know in some circles, PCCs are "worthless" and that's fine. I think they are fine firearms and highly enjoyable to shoot! I'm pretty sure a good majority of the firearms I own are in a pistol caliber, but are not pistols!

Good subject, tough call.

So some of my choices would be:
Glock AR lower 9mm or .40 with 9mm or .40 pistol
Marlin Camp 45 with 1911
Marlin Camp 9 with Beretta M9 or S&W 9mm
The older Ruger PCC that took P-series mags and a P-series 9m pistol

. :confused:
+1 for Marlin Camp Carbines; I like the ACP but have seen 9mm with an integral silencer on Gunbroker in years past. Kinda rare but quality guns.

Okay my favorite Pistol caliber Carbine is a M1 Carbine, I have a Blackhawk in the came caliber .30 M1 Carbine.

Moving down the list in caliber (To my mind) I have a Kel-Tech Sub 2K 9 MM, which is very capable, two AR-9 pistols with braces one a PSA, the other a Angstadt. The PSA is rugged and reliable could take a mud bath and the Angstadt is more refined and not looking forward to a mud bath, neither will get a mud bath to prove anything though.

22's could be PCC right? then I have a lot more. No, you say? Spoilsport!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top