JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like size of those and the location of the charging handle, but I heard they don't cycle 115gr very well.

I had K-USA KR-9 for a year and it ran flawlessly. Before that I had a PSA AK-V, also zero problems. I guess my main hesitation with PCC's is they are so boring to shoot. They feel like 22's. Although they are probably the perfect choice for home defense.

Mine eats 115gr like candy

Beat me to it, mine eats it like a Fat kid on a birthday cake!
Mine didn't like 115 gr at first but after a few hundred rounds it got over it. Mag changes are slower than most other PPCs but the darn thing is just so smooth. And the factory sights are remarkably fast on target.

Stock and less than 16" barrel = Short barreled rifle.

Wombat knows what he is doing.
Well I know of many guns that have a stock and under 16" barrel that are considered PISTOLs because they are under 26".... so I don't know the overall length of his gun but I'm assuming it's under 26" from the end of the buffer tube to the end of his muzzle without that suppressor on there. The laws are pretty ambiguous so maybe I'm mistaken, but it was my understanding that unless the gun was originally made as a rifle and later modified, then less than 16" barrel and more than 26" OAL is SBR, and less than 16" barrel and 26" or less OAL is pistol. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Well I know of many guns that have a stock and under 16" barrel that are considered PISTOLs because they are under 26".... so I don't know the overall length of his gun but I'm assuming it's under 26" from the end of the buffer tube to the end of his muzzle without that suppressor on there. The laws are pretty ambiguous so maybe I'm mistaken, but it was my understanding that unless the gun was originally made as a rifle and later modified, then less than 16" barrel and more than 26" OAL is SBR, and less than 16" barrel and 26" or less OAL is pistol. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Stock=rifle no matter what overall length or barrel length.

A pistol can not have a stock.

A pistol with a stock, becomes a rifle.

Stock=rifle no matter what overall length or barrel length.

A pistol can not have a stock.

A pistol with a stock, becomes a rifle.
Are you sure you're not thinking of a pistol originally made without a stock and then with one added on? I know that would be an SBR, however many pistols are originally manufactured with a stock and are still considered pistols EDIT: stock is wrong word, i mean a "brace".

One of these days it would be fun to put together a Department of Energy style* SBR in 9ꭗ19㎜. I had a bug in the bonnet to do that some years back, but could never find an upper when it was in stock and largely forgot about it.

*Sorta like this:

7tnL8SASPxzJdNHm1Vl--R1NFqBa4OkLcvoKAy89OGBp8ujmJw.jpg

One of these days it would be fun to put together a Department of Energy style* SBR in 9ꭗ19㎜. I had a bug in the bonnet to do that some years back, but could never find an upper when it was in stock and largely forgot about it.

*Sorta like this:

View attachment 1026663
Adco makes a DOE clone barrel , and most of the other proprietary parts like the handguard and front sight are being repopped too.

Adco makes a DOE clone barrel , and most of the other proprietary parts like the handguard and front sight are being repopped too.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll search on "Adco".

(There was a small shop making a complete upper some years back, but they seemed to be constantly out of stock, and I forgot who made them.)

Are you sure you're not thinking of a pistol originally made without a stock and then with one added on? I know that would be an SBR, however many pistols are originally manufactured with a stock and are still considered pistols EDIT: stock is wrong word, i mean a "brace".
Stock≠brace

Stabilizing arm braces are NOT stocks. A pistol with an ARM BRACE installed is not a rifle.

I think you're starting to see the difference?

I know many, that haven't been involved in guns, or those that aren't into newer guns don't get the difference. However, there is a difference between a stock and a brace. From a legal stand point is a rather big difference. From a technical standpoint, minimal.

Stock≠brace

Stabilizing arm braces are NOT stocks. A pistol with an ARM BRACE installed is not a rifle.

I think you're starting to see the difference?

I know many, that haven't been involved in guns, or those that aren't into newer guns don't get the difference. However, there is a difference between a stock and a brace. From a legal stand point is a rather big difference. From a technical standpoint, minimal.
Lol I know there's a big difference, why do you think I corrected myself?? If I thought it was the same then I never would've corrected myself, and if I hadn't corrected myself nothing would have prompted you to make that sarcastic comment in the first place. Pretty redundant to ask if I'm "starting to see the difference[.]" I just mixed up the term and hence my mistake that started this conversation abt the SBR vs pistol vs rifle. With all that other context I gave followed by my correction, if you were to replace the word 'stock' with 'brace' can't you tell that I at least know a little bit and could assume that I already know the difference between stock and brace? I was never being a dick there's no need for anyone else to start.

Lol I know there's a big difference, why do you think I corrected myself?? If I thought it was the same then I never would've corrected myself, and if I hadn't corrected myself nothing would have prompted you to make that sarcastic comment in the first place. Pretty redundant to ask if I'm "starting to see the difference[.]" I just mixed up the term and hence my mistake that started this conversation abt the SBR vs pistol vs rifle. With all that other context I gave followed by my correction, if you were to replace the word 'stock' with 'brace' can't you tell that I at least know a little bit and could assume that I already know the difference between stock and brace? I was never being a dick there's no need for anyone else to start.
No harm was intended.

I bought a Ruger PCC just for this purpose (neighbors live less than 20' away) in part because of cheap glock style pmags to feed it. Then I got a G17 so I have magazine compatability. The pcc has gotten ergonomic upgrades, slings, etc. It's a little heavy but not crazy. It's proved reliable enough to trust my life to it.

Last Edited:
Google is failing me on their site. Was hoping they'd just offer the upper that one could slap on an SBRed lower.
They're not for sale yet , but if you search for Harrington and Richardson on the psa website then you can see all the H&R stuff broken down into categories like completes, uppers, lowers, and parts.

They're not for sale yet , but if you search for Harrington and Richardson on the psa website then you can see all the H&R stuff broken down into categories like completes, uppers, lowers, and parts.
Thanks; yah, I was looking through the H&R stuff on PSA just now. The DOE upper would be neato, but if I'm honest, not going to bother.

To quote an old Ministry song, "resurrection coming in stereo"; looks like there is a DOE option now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8YB-JUGGA&t=1s

Google is failing me on their site. Was hoping they'd just offer the upper that one could slap on an SBRed lower.

Thanks; yah, I was looking through the H&R stuff on PSA just now. The DOE upper would be neato, but if I'm honest, not going to bother.
They announced the DOE thingy at the SHOT show this year I think, and I highly doubt it'll be available as only an upper, and I predict that it'll cost north of $950 for the complete "pistol" configuration.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top