JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd choose my CMMG Banshee MkG in .45 ACP.

View attachment 797646

Currently using an EoTech 512 and SMG Tactical 26 round Glock 21 pattern magazines. Not sure this is the optic I will keep on the piece. I think I'd like something a bit smaller & lighter.

I've added a forearm handstop just to avoid blowing off a fingertip or two. Lastly I added a short pic rail on the front to mount a QD sling.
I am trying to decide between a CMMG in 45 or the more compact Kriss Vector

Kriss-KV45-PAP20-KV45-PAP20-810sdff.jpg

I am trying to decide between a CMMG in 45 or the more compact Kriss Vector

View attachment 898792
Tough choice. Are you looking for a carbine or a pistol?

I liked my Kriss Vector CRB except for the additional length of the barrel shroud.

I chose the CMMG this time around for three main reasons:

1. I could still shoulder it as a carbine.
2. It did not have the long barrel shroud so it was shorter than the CRB.
3. The manual of arms is right out of the AR15 book and I was very familiar with that.

Good luck with your choice!

Good subject, tough call.

There are only 2 reasons I can think of to go with a PPC is the ability to use the same mags/ammo and easier to find subsonic ammo.

So some of my choices would be:
Glock AR lower 9mm or .40 with 9mm or .40 pistol
Marlin Camp 45 with 1911
Marlin Camp 9 with Beretta M9 or S&W 9mm
The older Ruger PCC that took P-series mags and a P-series 9m pistol

The idea to suppress or not is also a good one. However you would have to decide if the trade off between barrel length and performance, unless you are going with a 16" rifle with a can on the end.

Of course there is the popular "cowboy" combos of revolver and lever guns in .357, .44 mag and .45 LC.

Funny story about silenced guns though.... One night I went out to see what the dogs were barking at. Grabbed the 9mm AR with integral silencer. I could not see anything so I though I would pop off a coupe of rounds to "scare" whatever off. That does not work so well with quite guns.. :confused:
Two Legger Lurkers know what those are:eek:

1. PS90 sbr with original ammo or elite ammo

2. MP5K zenith clone sbr

3. Mp5 clone sbr or with brace

But agree only role for pistol caliber is cheap suppressor hosts. A 300 BO or 7.62x39 with subsonic are better choices. Because you can go loud and proud when you need to.

So, I watched a couple documentaries, and some other footage, of the LA Riots. In a few cases I saw pistol caliber carbines in the hands of LEOs and private citizens. (For the grins, I found myself looking for 1980s vintage Uzi carbines as the basis of an SBR project, but then opted not to. But that is another story.)

Anyway, I figured this might be an interesting thought experiment. What would your choice be, and why, for a pistol caliber carbine for the defense of an urban residence or business? Parameters would be:

• In a pistol caliber, obviously.
  • Repeater.
  • Can be suppressed.
  • Braced pistols are allowed.
  • Pistols stamped and turned into very small rifles are fine.
  • For the grins, can be select-fire, but only real world. That would be transferable, pre-May 1986 subguns available to private citizens. (For example, an Uzi or MP5 would be realistic, while a P90 or UMP would not.)
  • Any parts or accessories are allowed, provided they are not presently banned, are available and/or relatively easy to fabricate.
Enjoy!
Easy! I already own it -- Kel-Tec Sub2K .40 straight outta the box w/ the M*Carbo flip-up optic mount and Vortex Strikefire II red dot. Also add the shell deflector... especially if you are a left like me... unless you like hot blowback in your face.

My backup would be my Freedom Ordinance FX-9 (pictured in my avatar). I say backup b/c it's a 9x19 and for some reason I'm feeling better about the Sub2K chambered in .40S&W...

Last Edited:
Easy! I already own it -- Kel-Tec Sub2K .40 straight outta the box w/ the M*Carbo flip-up optic mount and Vortex Strikefire II red dot. Also add the shell deflector... especially if you are a left like me... unless you like hot blowback in your face.

My backup would be my Freedom Ordinance FX-9 (pictured in my avatar). I say backup b/c it's a 9x19 and for some reason I'm feeling better about the Sub2K chambered in .40S&W...
They (KT) get a lot of bad press and they certainly are NOT for everyone but, I really love mine still. Mine is an old Gen 1 and if I ever manage to wear it out I will buy a GenII. Its always impressed me with how compact and light the damn thing is. can carry it in a laptop case with the laptop. So if ever "caught" in a bad spot it could be a real saver. I have been a PCC fanboy from a kid. Love my larger heavier one for fun and games but, those S2K's have a place with me in my just in case.

That is one SWEET looking little shooter alright!. When they take the braces away from us it will be tempting to make one or two SBR's. Doubt I will but they are sooooo much damn fun and great home guns. Shame they make it a hassle to have.
All but one of my PCCs are SBRs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads