JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the deep concealment idea here has merit few holster makers have attempted, the design looks solid but it loses me with the big huge flap thats still visible. Whats the big belt flap for, oh nothing...
If there is a need for this deep of concealment then they need to get rid of the big flap.

the deep concealment idea here has merit few holster makers have attempted, the design looks solid but it loses me with the big huge flap thats still visible. Whats the big belt flap for, oh nothing...
If there is a need for this deep of concealment then they need to get rid of the big flap.
Smart carry wins the deep concealment competition for that reason, there is nothing above the belt-line or attached to the belt to signal to others what else might be going on. Only way someone will become aware is if they are grabbing your crotch or you have to walk through a metal detector. Co-workers shouldn't be grabbing your crotch, so it's a safe bet unless metal detectors are used, it's never going to be discovered.

Smart carry wins the deep concealment competition for that reason, there is nothing above the belt-line or attached to the belt to signal to others what else might be going on. Only way someone will become aware is if they are grabbing your crotch or you have to walk through a metal detector. Co-workers shouldn't be grabbing your crotch, so it's a safe bet unless metal detectors are used, it's never going to be discovered.
Plus you get to feel yourself up while you draw your piece.

Appendix carry is not comfortable for me, even with that style holster. I'm too active, it smacks me in the junk. The UC sits where my pocket is. I have a very unique body shape. If we were comparing body shapes to women's, I would be curve, but not like a woman where they are pair shaped. Skinny waist (compared to other parts of my body), round but tight butt (😉), thick legs (not fat) and then a belly, so pants often fit me funny. There are actually very few holsters that work for me.

Thanks! You answered a couple other questions I had.

When they talk about covering the trigger they mean directly covering it. To the point that a foreign object couldn't accidentally find its way into the holster and make contact with the trigger. If the new plastic clip handles that the we're good on that front.
I don't see how that could happen unless the leather was torn. It's not really any different than a normal leather holster. If the gun is in the ready for draw position the trigger is covered. Your belt holds the holster with tension so there isn't a way for something to slip into the holster.

I feel way to much like I am a salesman for Urban Carry, I think I've explained enough, probably too much, so I'm gonna let this thread go. If anyone has more questions feel free to PM me.

Appendix carry is not comfortable for me, even with that style holster. I'm too active, it smacks me in the junk. The UC sits where my pocket is. I have a very unique body shape. If we were comparing body shapes to women's, I would be curve, but not like a woman where they are pair shaped. Skinny waist (compared to other parts of my body), round but tight butt (😉), thick legs (not fat) and then a belly, so pants often fit me funny. There are actually very few holsters that work for me.
The smart carry holster is not for being active in, it WOULD smack you in the junk past a certain activity level which seems to be just basic walking, then again, you might just develop a steel salami with sufficient experience.

Deep concealment is a choice of sacrifices, because if concealment weren't the issue, you could just open carry or do the half effort conceal.

I would say too all of you: if you haven't tried it, don't knock it.

I used one for about a year and it worked great for my needs at the time. I still use it sometimes. I had to deep conceal but the smallest gun I had was a Shield in 9mm and for me it's too big to pocket carry but the Urban Carry Holster filled my needs. (No, I don't work for them and I did not get paid for this)

Myth: the gun will fall out and stub your toe.
Reality: the first generation did have this issue but they now sell a model with a magnet and a retention device. I tried to get my Shield to fall out and was unsuccessful.

My observations:

If you put it in the correct spot it just looks like something in your pocket when sitting, it disappears when walking.

When drawn the gun is in a perfect spot.

The medium size works well for Shield size, MP Subcompact, and MP Compact size guns. For you Glock folks that's the G26-G19 sizes. It's very versatile in the fact that one size works for hundreds of different guns.

This holster does not work well for full size guns as it becomes obvious you have something very large in your pants.

It was very comfortable for me.

It's hard to do a fast draw, you really need to pay attention to what it. At least for me.

In the event of a scuffle, if you fell on your back, with a normal belt holster your gun could be taken from you. With the Urban Carry they would have to take your pants off to get to your gun.

This holster works best with loose fit pants, just like pocket carry.

They have a money back guarantee, if you buy direct through their website, so if you don't like it you can get your money back or trade for another holster.

So I really like the Urban Carry. People who make fun of it have often not ever seen one IRL and should be more open to new ideas.
I have one that I've used a couple of times with my G43X while wearing a suit and tie, and in semi-formal settings with a tucked in shirt and no jacket.

It's definitely not my preferred method of carry, but it works as advertised and gives me an option for the 2-3 times a year I wear formal clothing in social/business settings.

The smart carry holster is not for being active in, it WOULD smack you in the junk past a certain activity level which seems to be just basic walking, then again, you might just develop a steel salami with sufficient experience.

Deep concealment is a choice of sacrifices, because if concealment weren't the issue, you could just open carry or do the half effort conceal.
Both conceal in a similar way. The advantage I see that the UC has over the smart carry is two: UC presents the grip above the waist line where the smart carry you need to reach into your pants. The UC is enclosed while the smart carry has on open top and is not custom fit so it may be loose at the top.

I see some advantages that the smart carry has, you can draw one handed, you can also carry a spare mag (or a second gun) without tying up your left pocket. Also, I think Flopsweat said divergin something like this earlier, if there is a possible threat you can put your hand on the gun and it just looks like your playing with yourself, that could potentially run off the threat by itself 😆.

Last post, pinky swear this time.

Both conceal in a similar way. The advantage I see that the UC has over the smart carry is two: UC presents the grip above the waist line where the smart carry you need to reach into your pants. The UC is enclosed while the smart carry has on open top and is not custom fit so it may be loose at the top.

I see some advantages that the smart carry has, you can draw one handed, you can also carry a spare mag (or a second gun) without tying up your left pocket. Also, I think Flopsweat said divergin something like this earlier, if there is a possible threat you can put your hand on the gun and it just looks like your playing with yourself, that could potentially run off the threat by itself 😆.

Last post, pinky swear this time.
Ok, and again, if the goal while carrying allows for a random leather strip on the belt line (a tell), it is potentially a different goal than someone who doesn't feel having a tell on the belt line is acceptable, people get to choose what meets their needs, if that is the urban carry for you, so be it.

Plus you get to feel yourself up while you draw your piece.
BillMurraySoIGotThatGoingForMeWhichIsNice.jpg

I have one that I've used a couple of times with my G43X while wearing a suit and tie, and in semi-formal settings with a tucked in shirt and no jacket.

It's definitely not my preferred method of carry, but it works as advertised and gives me an option for the 2-3 times a year I wear formal clothing in social/business settings.
Huh, I took you for more of a formal kilt kind of guy. :D

I guess it gives you something else to fondle besides your junk when playing a game of pocket pool.

I do Thunderwear with an LCP when I'm wearing dress slacks and shirt for certain occasions.

I have a black leather OWB holster and mag carrier for my Colt Government 380 with wood grips. That's my "formal wear" piece. Very thin and not noticeable under a suit jacket.

I see no reason for urban carry/smart carry when there are options such as the one displayed in this video.
unless someone is overweight or simply is uncomfortable with carrying in this location. Absolutely no "tell" along the belt line. Easily tuck in shirts while allowing quick access to the firearm. It's the best of both worlds. Absolute concealment and quick access. Hell if you're in a tshirt you could tuck and undershirt over it and no one would know the difference if your shirt rode up on you.

I've changed my mind about the urban carry holster. It would make an excellent deep concealment storage pocket for a billfold or cards in areas of the world you don't want a wallet in your pocket. As a holster though, no.

I have attended weddings and going to church a get dressed up for Xmas and wear a suit. I wear an Alien Gear IWB holster with a Hank's Amish carry belt and carry a VP9. I carry at 3:30 position and I can unbutton my jacket and no one knows that I am carrying.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top