JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Carhartt and Wrangler pants have cargo pockets voluminous enough to carry an Officers' Model, Tokarev, Glock, snubbie, etc. - guns actually big enough to be useful. I don't need this product.

I personally would not trust my life on that holster. Too many factors could easily go wrong leaving be in a predicament I could easily avoid.

Their are some similar belly band type devices that position the gun fairly low, but do not require a two handed yank.

The best appendix concealment trick is to gut fat and gain muscle so your shirt drapes. But that's easier said than done!

This could be said for many holsters, the one exception being an OWB holster outside the shirt.
I disagree. I have full confidence in the holsters I currently use. There are simply too many moving parts/factors involved with the urban carry that cause me to loose trust in it. And if I were to carry owb I would have a level 2/3 retention holster (Not a Serpa..). I am in a multitude of positions all day and spend a lot of time seated in a vehicle. AIWB is the only way I will carry with a holster that protects the trigger guard (with rigid material) and stiff retention. I can conceal my firearm just as effectively as an urban carry would allow with way more purchase and ease of access to the firearm. No matter my body position. Holsters fit everyone differently. The OP asked our opinions and this is simply mine. You don't have to like it or agree with it. That's what makes this country and community great.

The way I see people who put down an item, this case being a holster, when it didn't work for them and putting down the people who use said item, as being foolish. "My way only" type. I see a lot of this on the internet

The way I see people who put down an item, a holster in this case, without trying it are just being ignorant.

Let's use cars for example. Some people really don't like the Challenger not many but they are out their) but they love Mustangs, or M3s, or what ever. Doesn't make the Challenger a bad car. In fact the car industry has set the bar for the car to beat as being the Hellcat.

I say don't bash it before you try it and if it doesn't work for you it still might for someone else. Otherwise Urban Carry would be out of business since they have a money back guarantee.

Where does the

I disagree. I have full confidence in the holsters I currently use. There are simply too many moving parts/factors involved with the urban carry that cause me to loose trust in it. And if I were to carry owb I would have a level 2/3 retention holster (Not a Serpa..). I am in a multitude of positions all day and spend a lot of time seated in a vehicle. AIWB is the only way I will carry with a holster that protects the trigger guard (with rigid material) and stiff retention. I can conceal my firearm just as effectively as an urban carry would allow with way more purchase and ease of access to the firearm. No matter my body position. Holsters fit everyone differently. The OP asked our opinions and this is simply mine. You don't have to like it or agree with it. That's what makes this country and community great.
Like I said in an earlier post, the holster is not good if you plan on being in a vehicle. Well, I didn't say those exact word but it was something to the fact about not being easy to draw wen seated.

So great. It doesn't work for you. But it does work for me. Nothing more to say.

Like I said in an earlier post, the holster is not good if you plan on being in a vehicle. Well, I didn't say those exact word but it was something to the fact about not being easy to draw wen seated.

So great. It doesn't work for you. But it does work for me. Nothing more to say.
That's all I was saying. At no point was I attacking you personally…. For ME comfort comes second to accessibility. Gear (holsters, firearms, optics, ammo, etc.) is not the same for everyone. Doesn't mean we don't all have opinions on each item. What works for me and my body type may not work for you and vice versa.

Have you practiced a one-handed draw? If so how did it go and what is the proper technique?

When he sat down, Mae West came to mind!

1632095648592.png

Have you practiced a one-handed draw? If so how did it go and what is the proper technique?
It's just like with two hands just a bit slower since your using one hand to do two parts. Two hands you can have your right hand ready while your pulling the gun up into place with your left, can't do that with one hand. You pull the holster up with your right hand instead of your left, the pistol is presented being held in place by your belt, then you just pull the gun out. They have a video on their website. Go to the G3 page and scroll to the Q&A part.

In both cases, one hand or two hand, after you pull the holster up the gun sits in the same place as an IWB holster would.

The whole thing is, your trading speed for deep concealment. I think people forget that when they say it's too slow or there are too many moving parts. IWB is faster, appendix or not, but it's not deep concealment, if your shirt goes up your showing your gun, if it gets tight you print. With the UC you could choose not to wear a shirt. You could run around in your boxers and people would just see a small strip of leather. Wouldn't work with tighty-whities though.

To make the gun fly out of the holster with the Gen2, you have to yank intentionally hard and do it on purpose. Now way it would happen on accident. You see the guys doing it on you tube, watch how hard they yank on it. I mean, if you need to pass your gun to someone quickly that would totally work. The Gen3 has a plastic clip holding the gun in.

Sitting and drawing can be done, you just have to push your pelvis forward. It's not easy but can be done.

As far as some people mentioning the trigger not being covered, not sure where that is coming from. The entire gun is covered. You would have to rip a whole in the leather to accidentally pull the trigger. I'm not concerned about that at all.

I think the biggest issue with this holster is the farther towards the outside of it hip you put it, the harder it is to cross draw. If you like it at 3:00 or 330 and someone grabs your dominant hand your screwed.

But again, there are trade offs for this level of deep concealment. I see a lot of people comparing this holster to IWB appendix and they are just not the same level of concealment.

It's just like with two hands just a bit slower since your using one hand to do two parts. Two hands you can have your right hand ready while your pulling the gun up into place with your left, can't do that with one hand. You pull the holster up with your right hand instead of your left, the pistol is presented being held in place by your belt, then you just pull the gun out. They have a video on their website. Go to the G3 page and scroll to the Q&A part.

In both cases, one hand or two hand, after you pull the holster up the gun sits in the same place as an IWB holster would.

The whole thing is, your trading speed for deep concealment. I think people forget that when they say it's too slow or there are too many moving parts. IWB is faster, appendix or not, but it's not deep concealment, if your shirt goes up your showing your gun, if it gets tight you print. With the UC you could choose not to wear a shirt. You could run around in your boxers and people would just see a small strip of leather. Wouldn't work with tighty-whities though.

To make the gun fly out of the holster with the Gen2, you have to yank intentionally hard and do it on purpose. Now way it would happen on accident. You see the guys doing it on you tube, watch how hard they yank on it. I mean, if you need to pass your gun to someone quickly that would totally work. The Gen3 has a plastic clip holding the gun in.

Sitting and drawing can be done, you just have to push your pelvis forward. It's not easy but can be done.

As far as some people mentioning the trigger not being covered, not sure where that is coming from. The entire gun is covered. You would have to rip a whole in the leather to accidentally pull the trigger. I'm not concerned about that at all.

I think the biggest issue with this holster is the farther towards the outside of it hip you put it, the harder it is to cross draw. If you like it at 3:00 or 330 and someone grabs your dominant hand your screwed.

But again, there are trade offs for this level of deep concealment. I see a lot of people comparing this holster to IWB appendix and they are just not the same level of concealment.
Concealment vs access. You have to choose which one you're willing to trust your life and livelihood on. Like you said it all comes down to personal choice. If SHTF for ME I want access over concealment. Seconds matter. But you are correct. They are in two very different categories.

Last Edited:

Thanks! You answered a couple other questions I had.

When they talk about covering the trigger they mean directly covering it. To the point that a foreign object couldn't accidentally find its way into the holster and make contact with the trigger. If the new plastic clip handles that the we're good on that front.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top