JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An upstate church is encouraging its worshippers to come armed following the massacre at a Texas chapel on Sunday,

"We are not a gun-free zone," reads the latest sign in front of the Lighthouse Mexico Church of God in Oswego County, which is about 30 minutes north of Syracuse, according to Spectrum News.

The church — which describes itself as the "Most upbeat church in Upstate New York!" — features the same pro-gun message on its website, and adds "we protect our people!"

Church pastor Ronald Russell says he's been allowing firearms in the house of worship since white supremacist Dylann Roof gunned down nine black church-goers in Charleston in 2015.

Continue Reading: http://nypost.com/2017/11/10/upstate-church-encouraging-worshippers-to-bring-guns/

Good for them. The only churches I've belonged to all allowed/encouraged carrying of firearms. Some don't necessarily encourage, but don't restrict, which is fine too. I wouldn't belong to a church today that didn't allow for it - especially if such a policy is posted on the grounds. People need to wake up to the lie that is the 'gun free zone'. Free shooting gallery is more like it.

Sad......, after everything that has happened since the Beruit bombing; people STILL need to be encouraged to defend themselves, their families, and their friends..

Encourage? I don't remember the last time I was at church and wasn't carrying...

i wouldnt give a F what they said about guns. i will have my gun or i wont go.

:D

glad to see some people are finally waking up

When I go, which is not often now, I carry. ALWAYS have. Church dress made carry easy. If some church had put up a sign saying no guns I would not set foot in the place. Agree with Oathkeeper, it's a damn shame people are so out of touch with what's going on around them that they would need to be encouraged. Media has been silent on it but I heard that this scum walked from row to row shooting people who had no place to hide and no way to fight. I NEVER want to be in that situation. My pistol may be no match for some scum armed like that but I want to at least have a shot at life. Not huddle in a corner waiting my turn to be shot while I have nothing.

Portland vicinity Churches have organic security teams.
Active training monthly.
One team requires qualification at FBI standards to join.
Not saying which churches have teams.

A team leader offered his group's SOP, and to talk with my elders.
With shame I confessed that my church leaders don't want to organize.
The leader said for me to remember "they are sheep, don't expect sheepdog, wolf thinking from sheep"

I conceal carry. I know my church CC peers, and they know me.
I sit away from them (out of their line of fire). Hope more rounds on target.
I offer short quiet comments regarding tactics. I know I am ahead of the common thinking.
I observe the above teams at practice and learn from them.
Hoping somebody influential catches my concerns and passes them up.
The wolf hunts for sheep. One defender disrupts the wolf's plans.

.380, 9mm, .357, .40, .45. In my church, my peers carry one of those calibers.
No matter what the perp brings, there will be disruptions heading their way, from a lot of directions.
Carry (concealed means concealed) Concealed. Nobody Knows...
Train under professionals (I pay my own way)
Practice situational awareness (head, eyes on a swivel) everywhere.
Gauge by eye how far it is from entrances to your chair.
Shoot those distances. Discover your limitations. Identify the issues, reduce them.
Semper Fi

Portland vicinity Churches have organic security teams.
Active training monthly.
One team requires qualification at FBI standards to join.
Not saying which churches have teams.

A team leader offered his group's SOP, and to talk with my elders.
With shame I confessed that my church leaders don't want to organize.
The leader said for me to remember "they are sheep, don't expect sheepdog, wolf thinking from sheep"

I conceal carry. I know my church CC peers, and they know me.
I sit away from them (out of their line of fire). Hope more rounds on target.
I offer short quiet comments regarding tactics. I know I am ahead of the common thinking.
I observe the above teams at practice and learn from them.
Hoping somebody influential catches my concerns and passes them up.
The wolf hunts for sheep. One defender disrupts the wolf's plans.

.380, 9mm, .357, .40, .45. In my church, my peers carry one of those calibers.
No matter what the perp brings, there will be disruptions heading their way, from a lot of directions.
Carry (concealed means concealed) Concealed. Nobody Knows...
Train under professionals (I pay my own way)
Practice situational awareness (head, eyes on a swivel) everywhere.
Gauge by eye how far it is from entrances to your chair.
Shoot those distances. Discover your limitations. Identify the issues, reduce them.
Semper Fi
:s0101::s0101::s0101:

Father has no intentions for His people to be victims. The firearm is just the modern day equivalent to the sword in the Bible...

It's my personal responsibility for my families safety as well as my own. I shy away from places that deploy metal detectorsor do wanding, as I prefer to be armed in today's society, even at church...

In a previous life I served as an usher, taught Sunday school and even held a deacon position. I carried every service and took my place up inside the sanctuary doors, where I had great visibility and a clear shot, if need be.

Situational awareness and practice with your sidearm are priceless...

Glad to have our fortresses of religion seeing the light of truth! After all, the church is always suposed to be a sanctury of peace and safety, Safety from any threat! Time they rememberd that! Good, I hope this catches on more and more!

The baptist church I used to go to when I lived in East Portland that is located near troutdale had a pretty squared away safety team.

The Hope is to not have to worry about evil people distrupting a peaceful spiritual gathering of people. The Plan is to be prepared.

A few weeks ago I knew four others in church that carried every Sunday. After talking with them on Sunday, I found out that each of them in turn knew one or two others that did likewise. Not bad for a smaller church. I had expected all would be older like me, but was surprised two were in their 20's, and two more in their 30's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top