JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is really a no problem is present..... As, the company could just take their product to a "Store Front" alias, brown box it, then ship to a customer via the two big shippers who have said "Opps, I don't think so".

There are no strange chemicals in it, ALA, gun powder tracing chemicals, explosive tracing chemicals.... It is ~Only~ A Machine. Period.

If one thinks FedUPS will X-Ray each package they ship, is pure, simpleton thinking, they do not have the Time, ManPower, etc. To do That.

As in other things, if this ~is news~ What is Really Happening, that is Not being reported on... ?

philip :eek:

This is really a no problem is present..... As, the company could just take their product to a "Store Front" alias, brown box it, then ship to a customer via the two big shippers who have said "Opps, I don't think so".

There are no strange chemicals in it, ALA, gun powder tracing chemicals, explosive tracing chemicals.... It is ~Only~ A Machine. Period.

If one thinks FedUPS will X-Ray each package they ship, is pure, simpleton thinking, they do not have the Time, ManPower, etc. To do That.

As in other things, if this ~is news~ What is Really Happening, that is Not being reported on... ?

philip :eek:

Even to some xray it looks just like any other lil cnc.
Also change the damned name LOL

Last Edited:
What's to stop him from boxing it up and have someone take them to a UPS store and ship them?

This is silly.

I'm a UPS driver so I will weigh in on this one.

Something to consider...

The State of New York is currently suing UPS for $180 million for shipping untaxed cigarettes into New York, even though the responsibility for complying with applicable law and paying the appropriate tax rests with the shipper, not the shipping company. New York knows this, but they are suing anyway in order to shake us down for $180 million and to try and get us to be responsible for collecting their tax for them.

Considering the litigious, hysterical, anti-gun fanaticism of states like New York and California, can you really blame UPS for wanting to at least evaluate the legality of these machines before being willing to ship them?

Nothing, except that you cant insure an item without declaring what it is first.

Item contents = computer
Value = $1000

Seriously this guy screwed himself by opening his mouth. If he was better at not trying to make a stink, Fedex would have came by grabbed 10 computers in brown boxes and sent them onto their destination. It's as if he wants this stupidity and attention.

Of course he does. The whole goal is to flaunt this in the face of those who are against it. This only serves to publicize his cause. Look at the name of the thing and the video they made to promote it? The whole thing is a big F U to the anti crowd and they are not shy about it.

I'm a UPS driver so I will weigh in on this one.

Something to consider...

The State of New York is currently suing UPS for $180 million for shipping untaxed cigarettes into New York, even though the responsibility for complying with applicable law and paying the appropriate tax rests with the shipper, not the shipping company. New York knows this, but they are suing anyway in order to shake us down for $180 million and to try and get us to be responsible for collecting their tax for them.

Considering the litigious, hysterical, anti-gun fanaticism of states like New York and California, can you really blame UPS for wanting to at least evaluate the legality of these machines before being willing to ship them?

UPS should stop shipping to those states. They won't of course because they are making a lot of money by doing so.o_O

Of course he does. The whole goal is to flaunt this in the face of those who are against it. This only serves to publicize his cause. Look at the name of the thing and the video they made to promote it? The whole thing is a big F U to the anti crowd and they are not shy about it.

I agree. They are also Defense distributed, the designers of the printable gun. They take bitcoins, they want the pirate bay to distribute the 3D designs. So Im pretty sure they want the bad press
https://defdist.org/

(I once tried to print one of their AR magazines on www.shapeways.com Boy that got my account shut down zippity quick :)

Last Edited:
Just a matter of time before they make this illegal. Just like they have or are doing with ammunition right now. I think the governments motto is "ONE THING AT A TIME"

I heard that the owners of Defense Distributed are gay.

I heard the CEO's of FedX and UPS are gay.

So, what's the problem here?

I think I'll send each of them a cake,
IF I can find a bakery to make them

UPS should stop shipping to those states. They won't of course because they are making a lot of money by doing so.o_O
We aren't breaking the law by shipping untaxed cigarettes to New York. We are not tax collectors. Responsibility for the legality of any shipment and any taxes due are on the person who sent the package, not on UPS or FedEx. Unfortunately, that wont stop an overzealous government agency from suing us anyway. And when it involves guns or gun manufacturing parts then the ATF gets involved and they are not known for being reasonable.

I knew it was coming. The present administration is trying to put a stop to the shadetree home gunsmithing industry
<broken link removed> <broken link removed>
Emailbanner1.png
We have a lot of ground to cover, Ghost Gunners.
Since our last update we have shipped our initial run of 200 machines, and are now shipping about 10 a day to complete those 300 orders originally scheduled for fulfillment in Q1 of this year. We've broken the shipping delays down from six months to three, and by the end of the summer we'll have six week lead times for current wait list orders. All credit for this is due to the hard work of the boys here at the shop. We overcame significant supplier failures early in the year and are finally catching up because of your patience.
I'll continue with a word on shipping, but I want to update you on events since our last update, some of which are very serious.
View attachment 242302
Payments and Order Lookup
A mere two days after our April shipping announcement, DD's longtime payments processor PayPal abruptly began refusing to process our orders and froze up many hundreds of thousands of dollars in our account while they invented a "terms of use review" for our product.
Many Ghost Gunner customers were personally emailed in the week thereafter and actually asked by PayPal for what purpose they intended to use their machine. I found both of these actions outrageous and condemned PayPal with the strongest language when I spoke with their risk department at the end of April, ending our relationship.
Now, PayPal is known to not be friendly to gun-related companies, this is true. And like our payments processor before them they acted like their hands were tied, but rather than cancel our accounts, they froze DD's funds and then demanded a ten million dollar reserve before they'd process any more payments. This happens to be <broken link removed> for which the company was recently fined for their deceptive trade practices. Coincidence? I'll let you decide. For my part, I told them to go to hell and refunded many of your orders.
Our break with PayPal also limited the usefulness of our order lookup system. Many of you have emailed asking about the status of your order as cancelled or refunded. Because that system is tied to payments status, it is no longer accurate since we have jumped ship and are now using an entirely different payments and ordering system. It's ugly, but I want you to know that you are still receiving your boxes and we are still shipping them, even though lookups and notices don't seem to be accurate.
Wired Magazine recently <broken link removed> of the Ghost Gunner, and we're pleased with the demonstration. Unfortunately our most recent payments provider was spooked by the press and we are yet again unable to process further wait list or final balance orders via credit card or bank transfer. Stay tuned here.
View attachment 242303

View attachment 242304
ITAR and First/Second Amendments
The news you've recently heard about the Obama Administration regulating speech related to guns on the Internet is true and actually worse than the <broken link removed> has indicated. The State Department is now formalizing the power to police all public exchange of data related to any category of munition online. I'm frustrated with the NRA's rhetoric, which is that ITAR has not yet been used to block websites or harm public speech. This is a lie springing from the organization's refusal to develop a position on homemade and 3D firearms.
The Sate Department has in fact harassed and censored this company for two years with the ITAR. Every compliance move we make in an attempt to publish CAD files or gun software is re-routed, stymied or ignored. This Federal power grab isn't a hypothetical, future scenario. It is already US policy and is being used to target politically-motivated speech related to the Second Amendment.
State has even directly threatened this company over opening our Ghost Gunner forum. The forum is literally closed to registration as of today because the US government doesn't want us to be able to support an open-source DIY product expanding your 2A franchise. We are unable to publicly develop our machine with you until this agency has been corrected.
Because of this malicious set of laws, <broken link removed> in early May. We've brought a First Amendment lawsuit and we are joined by the Second Amendment foundation and other legal talents in Texas. I want to emphasize that none of the gun lobbies are funding this effort and neither are they willing. Defense Distributed alone has has funded this multi-year endeavor and only by the success of Ghost Gunner and your patience were we able to afford to reach this filing.
I'll update you all at the right time about this matter in more depth, but our current filings may be <broken link removed> . Our first hearing is ordered for July 6.
I at least hope that with the NRA's spotlight and the public comment period offered for the new regulations, the reg will be pulled. Comments will be accepted on the regulations until August 3, 2015, and they may be submitted online at regulations.gov or via e-mail at [email protected] with the subject line, ''ITAR Amendment—Revisions to Definitions; Data Transmission and Storage.''
But don't be numb to just what this is. This isn't about firearm industry compliance. It's about divesting you of any free and public access to the means of your own defense; about pruning you from gunsmithing culture and its scientific exchange. Their claim is that gun technology is exclusively commercial and military. You're a pleb and it isn't for you.
Remember that your Revolution was fought for less.
View attachment 242305
Shipping into August
By August I expect we will have shipped our original 500 orders. Please keep emailing if you want an order update, as tracking information and fulfillment updates are no longer automated. We've only accepted 100 new orders since April, but in the next week I will call up another 100 from the wait list as long as the supply chain and shipping stay smooth.
We've switched over to new shipping materials to cut down on some of the dings we've seen in getting boxes out to you. Right now damage estimates are as high as 3-4%, which is far too much. Anyone who hasn't emailed me or Ben ([email protected]) back about bent motor posts or mechanical issues should do so. We're repairing and replacing these machines for free with apologies.
I expect to continue monthly updates on shipping until our order leads are below sixty days. I want to thank you again and again for your patience, and for allowing Defense Distributed to take the lead in protecting your Second, and now First, Amendments.
crw
View attachment 242306
©2015 Defense Distributed | Austin, TX

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR