JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here ever used their UPIN on a form 1 e-file?

I've never had a form 1 take longer than 27 days so I am not really worried about it. I've also had some approved in as little as 18 days.
But I submitted for another SBR last night and this time I entered my UPIN.

I'm wondering if that would give me a faster approval time or if it's just one extra field they added with the "new" form 1 application that doesn't even affect anything.

Let me know if you've ever used a UPIN when filing and if you've ever seen any positive results from doing so.

If anyone is curious, I have a UPIN because I used to get erroneous delays constantly, sometimes hearing back the next day on a 4473 and sometimes not hearing back at all and having to wait 10 business days to pick up my item.

Not yet but I will on my next submission.

Btw, the turnaround on the UPIN was amazing. If they can do that as fast as they did, there is zero reason for delayed background checks. Shows how broken their systems are.

Serious?

I applied for one first week of May. My approval was given exactly 48 hours after I applied.
What?!? Did you apply online or something? I applied for my UPIN February 2020 and at that time they were reviewing august 2019 applications. I did not get my UPIN mailed out to me until 2021 November.

What?!? Did you apply online or something? I applied for my UPIN February 2020 and at that time they were reviewing august 2019 applications. I did not get my UPIN mailed out to me until 2021 November.
Yeah, the ATF examiner I spoke to in May sent me the link to apply online. I sent a note to the FBI to confirm the process was right and they acknowledged it.

Now, I tried to file for a UPIN a few years ago and got denied because my print cards weren't good enough - even though they were digital from Snohomish County Sheriff. These cards (WACO) were scanned in and both PDF and JPEG formats I uploaded. I was stunned their turnaround was that quick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top