JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yes, considerable
adds the auto feed primer & powder funnel function
what REALLY makes the 650 shine IMHO, as another step, is the case feeder, which IIRC has now been configured to work on the 550b.

I started on the 450 about 40 years ago, & never had a single stage to this very day.

yes, considerable
adds the auto feed primer & powder funnel function
what REALLY makes the 650 shine IMHO, as another step, is the case feeder, which IIRC has now been configured to work on the 550b.

I started on the 450 about 40 years ago, & never had a single stage to this very day.
To upgrade from 450 to 550c, there are 3 different upgrades: Frame, auto primer and auto powder drop. Is this correct?
Edit: The $110 upgrade is only for frame.

Last Edited:
the RL450 I bought seems to have mix match parts from original and upgrades on auto primer and powder drop. It doesn't have primer tube/magazine. There are only few video on youtube about RL450 and I couldn't find the upgrade videos.

Try it out first. See if it fits your style of reloading.

I have an old Dillon (really old). Anyway, I prefer to load my straight walled pistol ammo on a LEE M1000. I have one in .38 Special, one in .45 ACP and one in 9mm. That way I keep all of the dies, powder drop, bullet crimp, etc... settings as I like them. If I need ammo in a different caliber.......I just switch out the press on my bench.

Yup.....KISS also applies to NOT buying too many different calibers. So, do I really need a massive production level of ammo in a new caliber? How much will that cost me? Is it worth it? Or maybe I should just use the old single station press for a small run of ammo?

Which brings me to.....
Because of brass trimming, removal of military primer crimps and headspace issues for bottle necked brass (rifle brass)......I keep a single station RCBS Rock Chucker on hand for that duty (also for the small runs of ammo in a different caliber). If I could get a satisfactory production level for reloading .30-06, .308 Win and/or my .223 Rem that would be cool. But, it hasn't happened even with my Dillon. Mostly it's because of the way I like to reload for my rifle cartridges.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads