JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Camas
State
Washington
Zip Code
Asking $900 (or best offer).

I'm helping to sell this rifle for a friend. It's a Winchester Model 52 22LR Target Rifle. Asking $800.

For many years it was the premier smallbore match rifle in the United States, if not the world. Known as the "King of the .22s," the Model 52 has been called by Field & Stream one of "the 50 best guns ever made" and by Winchester historian Herbert Houze "perfection in design."

This rifle was owned by a friend's father, who used it for regional competitions from 1954-59, scoring consistently in the 90-95% range during those years.

The stock iron sights have been removed and a competition R.A. Litschert 10-power Spot-Shot target scope has been mounted. The only other modification I have observed is some work on the butt plate. Other than that, this has been appraised by Cascade Firearms (Vancouver, WA) to be in 90% condition with some faint freckling of rust on the top of the barrel forward of the scope. The chamber is in flawless condition, and the rifling shows no signs of rust or pitting, and the barrel crown shows no thinning of the original bluing, The only thinning of the bluing is on the bolt knob.

Included is a wooden case specifically built for this target rifle for transport to and from competitions, and two 22lr magazines.

This rifle has to be seen to be appreciated. See attached pics. Asking $800 OBO (owner is motivated to sell and may accept a lower offer, so please consider making a lower than what is being asked).

Transfers can be done locally at SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range or shipped to your FFL. Shipping is paid by the buyer.

Additional pictures available upon request.

IMG_20211112_184057928.jpg IMG_20211112_184122188.jpg IMG_20211112_184149999.jpg IMG_20211112_184200358.jpg IMG_20211129_165423291.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I'm helping to sell this rifle for a friend. It's a Winchester Model 52 22LR Target Rifle.

Per Wikipedia:
The Winchester Model 52 was a bolt-action .22-caliber target rifle introduced by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1920. The Model B was manufactured in 1952 (http://www.cruffler.com/ProductionDataPages/Winchester/Model52.html). For many years it was the premier smallbore match rifle in the United States, if not the world. Known as the "King of the .22s," the Model 52 has been called by Field & Stream one of "the 50 best guns ever made" and by Winchester historian Herbert Houze "perfection in design."

This rifle was owned by my friend's father, who used it for regional competitions from 1954-59, scoring consistently in the 90-95% range during those years. For those firearm history buffs, it has many unique design features that were highly sought after in their time as a competition target rifle; a 28-inch heavy barrel, a 5-round magazine (includes 2), a sliding-plate safety on the right side of the receiver, an adjustable trigger-return spring, and a sprung sear-disengagement plunger. Of course, after WWII, design improvements and the entrance into the competition market of other manufacturers, this model was "improved" and redesigned.

The stock iron sights have been removed and a competition R.A. Litschert 10-power Spot-Shot target scope has been mounted. The only other modification I have observed is some work on the butt plate. Other than that, this has been appraised by Cascade Firearms (Vancouver, WA) to be in 90% condition with some faint freckling of rust on the top of the barrel forward of the scope. The chamber is in flawless condition, and the rifling shows no signs of rust or pitting, and the barrel crown shows no thinning of the original bluing, The only thinning of the bluing is on the bolt knob. Included is a wooden case specifically built for this target rifle for transport to and from competitions, and two 22lr magazines.

This rifle is a unique piece of Winchester firearm history and has to be seen to be appreciated. See attached pics. Asking $950 OBO. Transfers can be done locally at SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range or shipped to your FFL. Shipping is paid by the buyer.

Additional pictures available upon request.

View attachment 1079858 View attachment 1079859 View attachment 1079860 View attachment 1079861 View attachment 1079862
love that scope!

love that scope!
It's a very interesting design. Reticle is fixed. Windage and elevation is adjusted via adjustment screws around the collar at the rear of the scope that moves the rear of the scope up/down, left/right. Magnification is changed by grasping the front of the scope and moving it forward and backward. The front collar holding the scope supports a spring that holds the magnification in place. This was a major improvement over fixed power "Unertl-type" scopes of that era. Unertl eventually improved their design and built better scopes for long range shooting in the years following.

I love learning about firearms design history!

Heck the rifle alone is worth that much. The scope is another 4-5 bills on fleabay. If I didn't already have 2 52's I'd be all over this.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.