Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

UPDATED: Seattle asks State Sup. Ct. review of parks gun ban loss!!!!!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

From the WHAT PART OF 'NO' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? file:

BREAKING: Seattle petitions state Supreme Court to review gun ban loss

The City of Seattle has petitioned the state Supreme Court in an effort to resurrect its city parks gun ban after losing the battle twice to the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the National Rifle Association, in King County Superior Court and at the State Court of Appeals.

BREAKING: Seattle petitions state Supreme Court to review gun ban loss - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

If you read history, you will see that Hitler, too, fought to the bitter end.

3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

The taxpayers should be outraged at all of this legal expense. How's Seattle's budget doing?

4. vern357

vern357 Near Olympia Member

Myabe a slap down from the highest court in WA will get them to see reason? Naw, who am I kidding lol.

5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

"it's for the children" I wonder how many school tearchers lost their jobs because of the legal expenses to this point?

Pro Bono? Is CeaseFire is paying for this appeal? No, It will be interesting who is the lead counsol for this appeal, and then check out how much business that law firm does with the City in the next year or two.

6. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

"Every Washingtonian should be alarmed that state law has been interpreted to prevent such reasonable common-sense local controls." Give me a break.

So is it CeaseFire that is representing the City pro bono? If so, Seattleites should be alarmed that their city officials have become pawns for the anti-gun lobby. And just because the representation is pro bono (no charge) does not mean it's no cost to the city. How much time has City Attorney Pete Holmes, for example, spent on this endeavor? I'm sure his time is not inexpensive.

7. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

You can't expect Holmes to spend the majority of his time persueing convictions when his True task is to create a new criminal class, a political criminal class

8. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe there's a lesson here, "if you vote gun grabbers in, they'll try to grab your guns"...........:dunno:

Trlsmn, M67, mjbskwim and 7 others like this.
  9. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

"Buh, but... when you said fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation, you didn't really mean everything, did you?"

I'm not sure why this portion of the RCW is so hard to understand, but this is yet another reason I'm glad that I moved out of Seattle.

10. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

it's the liberal way,just like proposition8 got shot down but the libs thought it necessary to spend tax dollars to override the vote of the people during a recession.
    they love their democracy as long as it falls in their favor but otherwise the voters opinion doesnt matter.
    they push their 1st amendment rights to the max,but want to ban your second amendment rights.
    this is just the beginning of why i quit being democrat and will never vote for a single democrat ever again.
    not to mention the race card and biggot card they love to pull,what sleezy people!

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

If the Seattle politicians had their way we would be like Illinois with total handgun bans in Seattle and having to get a permit with mandated training to even own a shotgun (like Mass.)

I can't believe these guys are pulling this nonsense in the wake of Mcdonald and the frenzy in gun buying among LIBERALS. This isn't even a winning issue among the left except for the wacko-fringe. Forget everyone else.

The Mayor needs to get sent packing next election over this issue alone. I realize Seattle is a liberal town, but you can be liberal and not hoplophobic. -Ask my wife, she carries every day, everywhere she goes and is as liberal as you could want on everything except guns.

12. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

know for a fact that some of the "Local" Political elite were transplanted from Chicago

13. Dave Workman

Familiar theme in Seattle’s ‘living in denial’ Supreme Court petition

The City of Seattle is arguing that a state appeals court “misread” earlier case law regarding Washington State’s model preemption act, which sounds vaguely reminiscent of what the gun prohibition lobby contended after the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2008 landmark Second Amendment ruling in District of Columbia v. Dick Anthony Heller.

Familiar theme in Seattle

14. Gunner3456

Why do I have to belong to facebook to comment? Facebook is notorious for logging and sharing information on individuals and I'll never join it.

"Last week, Facebook reached a deal with the Federal Trade Commission over privacy issues, which will mean changes in the way it is allowed to share its users' data.

The settlement came after the US regulator ruled the social network site had deceived its users "on numerous occasions... by telling them they could keep their information on Facebook private, and then repeatedly allowing it to be shared and made public."

LINK

15. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Is this why you haven't accepted my friend request yet?

:laugh:

ironmike86 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Gunner3456

Who needs stinkin' friends? You can't shoot friends, LOL.

17. Gunner3456

Well, I have a stinkin' Android based Smartphone and now I'm learning that it tracks me. For $600 and $60 bucks a month I can pay to get tracked!

Hackers:

LINK

And built in tracking software:

Carrier IQ tracking software

No, I'm not joining Facebook.

M67 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Gunner3456

Around here we call it fecesbook, but I'd never post that. :)

19. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Where this come from in the thread?? They only share the information you give them. You don't need to supply anything except an email. You can use any email. The rest. age address that can be anything. I like FB to talk to my friends and family across the State. ect. I work construction and get alot of jobs this way. PPl always change there phone # but always seem to eable to find them there. JMO

20. Dave Workman

Examiner has some arrangement with Facebook...or maybe it's just easier for them. I dunno. The writers never had any say in the matter, just like we never have any say in anything else they do. We're just stuck with it.