JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure we're going to get a flood of inquries as to why people can no longer post in the classified ads of others. No, you're not banned, we've changed how the classified section works.

For more information please read <broken link removed> :s0155:

I post ads on many other sites, ebay, craigslist, bp, ect.....I never seem to have a problem. Even after reading your rules Iam still totaly in the dark how to even click something to get started on placing an ad. Very difficult.

Go to the proper area that matches what you want to buy or sell Handguns, Parts etc. Click the right area, then at the top of the listing click "New Thread"

And you're set to go.

Mr. Link, this defies convention.

So, now the seller has to answer 6 - got pic's, 3 by PM and 2 by e-mail and 1 by phone. Add a dozen for counter offers and another dozen for possible trades. THEN, the seller has to figure out which "I'll take it" came first. Was it the IM, e-mail or the phone call and how to prove it to a wounded buyer. Its going to be a mess! Good luck.

So, now the seller has to answer 6 - got pic's, 3 by PM and 2 by e-mail and 1 by phone. Add a dozen for counter offers and another dozen for possible trades. THEN, the seller has to figure out which "I'll take it" came first. Was it the IM, e-mail or the phone call and how to prove it to a wounded buyer. Its going to be a mess! Good luck.

I tend to agree - general protocol is to post an "I'll take it" on the thread and follow up with PM or email...

This.

I very much dislike the new system. Im not opposed to change, BUT.
Like posted above, the pm's will be overwhelming. If the person that started the thread on the classifieds could delete responding threads to his post that were degrading or not in the best interest to his sale, it would accomplish more. People often ask great questions that are not listed in ads. Also, it is very informative to see how well something sells and roughly at how much it sold or traded for.

If you check out the WTS area, I have many items for sale in one post, and am doing well keeping up with everything.

There are some forums that have gone this route, and it keeps the threads clean.

The problem we have are people posting that they could get it for a cheaper price new somewhere, or "Nice _____ wish I had the money" etc. Which does nothing for the thread, just clogs it up.

If you check out the WTS area, I have many items for sale in one post, and am doing well keeping up with everything.

There are some forums that have gone this route, and it keeps the threads clean.

The problem we have are people posting that they could get it for a cheaper price new somewhere, or "Nice _____ wish I had the money" etc. Which does nothing for the thread, just clogs it up.

How about those few get the restrictions,Or a warning from above to STOP....Give them a suspension if they don't comply....Kinda like a grounding for not following the rules....It is nice to see the competition....

There is nothing in your example that is not on topic nor against the goal of the sight. Makes me wonder what the real problem is that Mr. Link is trying to address. Is it server related? Too much disk space related to the classifieds? What? I'm confussed!

ETA: When money or goods are involved, people banter. If its such a big problem just remove the classifieds.

Without my morning vodka, it took a while. I think I figured it out.

"Clog" means a free BTT/bump given by members supporting the Origional Poster in an ad.

Seems to me, getting an ad post to the top of the listings would be very desirable by the OP's. There is a time minimum before an OP can bump their own origional post. YMMV.

1500 members here, seems like 30-50 "know it all members post all the chat and bickering in the threads. I think the rest of us are here for the classifieds. Give control of the classifieds to those of us that use the classifieds. Let each member police his own ad! Kinda like a grown up place

The trouble I've run into is a Group Buy thread where I was not the OP but where I did provide a lot of the "updates" to the thread since it was an "off-site" GB.

With the new policy in place I can no longer post updates. Not a big deal in and of itself but I tend to agree with previous points regarding questions asked in the classifieds, offers made and knowing what is SPF, free BTT on the items in question, etc. Things that WERE possible under the old policy.

Then there is the fact that the way it is now an item might get posted but since no one can post in the thread except the OP or mods it will "drop off the list" if you don't see it right away. And I am not in the habit of searching through an entire week of "new posts" just to spot an "old" WTS item from six days ago.

I guess I am fuzzy as to what the original reason was that prompted the change in the first place? Was it OP's complaining about threads being hijacked? Was it mods not "liking" possible off-topic posts in the classified thread, was it server related, or something else entirely??

Just curious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads