JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is, it's got so out of hand we spend most of our time there. So to end the problem, we decided to do things this way.

After awhile we may decide to go back...but for now we're going to do things this way.

I think people that don't like the new setup don't understand how much time moderators have to spend in order to remove the "me too" posts (aka useless posts, add no value to the conversation). Moderators, it would behoove you to enlighten everyone as to how much time you have been spending, probably an increased amount over time, to attempt to properly moderate. In this context people might change their opinion and decide the new method is the best solution to keeping moderator's job to a minimum, and allowing the buyer (communicating item info in their post, and all other communications in PM) and the seller (asking questions) to figure it out between themselves.

How about those few get the restrictions,Or a warning from above to STOP....Give them a suspension if they don't comply....Kinda like a grounding for not following the rules....It is nice to see the competition....

This doesn't work because then moderators have an additional job to track those who are light offenders, gross offenders, etc. and then have to weigh all data (if being fair is the intent) and come to a conclusion. Too much work for something that 2 individuals should be able to handle in PM. I see it as putting a LOT of work on the few moderators to allow the MANY members to be lazier in their data tracking.

When scanning ads, I go through many pages or do a search. For those that want to bump bump bump and are afraid that potential buyers may miss their item because it's not on Page 1, I think you are a little too desperate to sell your item. Most potential buyers aren't going to look at page 1 and stop there. Consider everything in the context of what the FEW moderators are being requested to do.

Moderators, this is another way you can help enlighten the members as to what you must go through each day (tasks and time spent for each) just to do a "passing grade" job, and not an "A+ excellent" job.

ZA-

Bumps, "me too's" and other comments are the price a WTS or WTB person must pay for advertising on this medium. Why do the Mod's need to "clean" a thread of them. If the comments do not violate the goals of this site why should the Mod's care. If you do not like going though all the comments, either visit the board more often to catch the ad early or read the first and last post only or go to a newspaper.

Sure, a seller would not want a time stamped "I'll take it" on an item. They can wait for a better offer and no one else knows. Good for an auction but classified aren't an auction, yet. Maybe the WTS ads should include OBO for highest bidder.

A WTB person wants to generate some competition for lowest price This will only happen as long as others see the offers. Not happening here.

YMMV.

I didn't realize the mods went around "cleaning" the Classifieds so much. :confused: If that is the case then why are the "pre-change" ads still littered with so-called "useless" posts? Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Bottom line "somebody" didn't "like" the old way and the change was made. I don't like it but other than voicing my "opinion" here... there's not much else I can do about it.

One thing I will share though... I don't really bother looking at the classifieds anymore. Unless I am actively looking for something there's no point in taking the time because I used to learn some things by the questions that people asked in the ads even if I wasn't actually looking to purchase a particular item. :s0092:

One thing I will share though... I don't really bother looking at the classifieds anymore. Unless I am actively looking for something there's no point in taking the time anymore because I used to learn some things by the questions that people asked in the ads even if I wasn't actually looking to purchase a particular item. :s0092:

Much agreed. the classifieds used to be part of the community forum, now they're just a listing, I scan the first page, then leave.

Bottom line is this is his forum and he can do as he pleases, if you don’t like it you don’t have to use the classified section or even visit the forum

Totally agree. However, the flip side is that if "members" have difficulty using the forum because of heavy-handed mod's or other restrictions, they leave. A national forum comes to mind.

I'm all for a regional gun forum but you gotta remember, its a 2 way street.

Zero, nice words, I feel the same.

USCsoldier? I think you are the person that started this whole thing. I think you go through the classifieds posting things like this and piss off the mods.
You should keep youre foolish statements to yourself.

Zero, nice words, I feel the same.

USCsoldier? I think you are the person that started this whole thing. I think you go through the classifieds posting things like this and piss off the mods.
You should keep youre foolish statements to yourself.

Agreed the internet is no place for opinions...:s0112: :s0155:

I responded to a WTS listing via private message. No reply so I can't even tell if it went through.

Then I responded via email about the private message. No reply so I can't even tell if THAT went through.

The thread has not been locked, so I don't know if he is out of town or called up for Afganistan!

I MISS the banter on the want ads under the old system. Off-topic or useless post, so what? It did not take up much server space. If a couple of jerks annoy somebody just warn them off---private messaging is EASY. Everybody can skip over "useless" posts anyway and nobody bleeds.

We really had something nice here. The Mods have not really explained how it bothered them and why the change was needed.........................elsullo :huh:

Very good point.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top