JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The header reads ... these are now laws, no longer initiatives.

Current Anti-Gun Measures

Oregon Initiative 43 - Assault Weapon, Handgun, & Magazine Ban
Oregon Initiative 44 - Storage Requirements, Reporting, Owner Liability

Oregon IP 43 and IP 44 are not laws and are not even initiatives anymore. They didn't even make it to the 2018 ballot (one had its title rejected and the other was withdrawn by its sponsors before enough signatures were gathered to make them initiatives) and they certainly aren't laws. They could be reintroduced in 2020 but they would still need to gather enough signatures to get on the ballot, and then be approved by the voters, before they became laws.

Am I the only one who needs an explanation on this?

Pretty sure this is site maintenance related, such as the header of a grouping regarding the initiatives. I take it has been corrected so what we see now is not how it was displaying then. I would venture that it read the incorrect thing about these no longer being initiatives but laws, which was not applicable to all the sections.

Not an election year, but I vote we make this thread a sticky so we can get some sort of air traffic controller's view of pro and anti gun legislation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top