JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's only because those fools are too ignorant to actually build a nuclear power plant to power a desalinization facility.

Well, the cheap labor is too ignorant yes... but there's still San Onofre!! ;)

(Note: pedal power is a reference to the book Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck... good novel, but scary!)

Apparently of the three units, unit #1 was decommissioned in 1992, but units #2 and #3 were refitted and are licensed to operate thru 2022. If you believe Wiki: San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station - Wikipedia SONGS still provides about 20% of S Cali's power needs.

Says both unit 2 and 3 were shut down in 2011 due to premature wear in the steam generators and then the plant was decommissioned in 2013. The reactors were never restarted since 2011.

Truth is... if SHTF, some gotta live, some gotta go. I won't survive very long due to inability to relocate, and lack of vigor to defend my castle and stores. So I'm not gonna worry about it.

Same here, the older a person gets, the less they are able. And care less. The survivors of the SHTF scenarios are likely to be young and vigorous, like the kids on "Red Dawn."

...don't tell the 'over-preppers', who in their heart of hearts not so secretly pine for the world as we know it to come to an end.

Then, they can say see, we toad ya so...

Yes, I'm sure there is a lot of this. Any reasonable person wouldn't want bad things to happen. They would want to continue along in their presumably comfortable life. I believe in taking prudent measures to be ready for some things, but mostly in the way of fairly temporary situations. I'm not ready for anything of a rest of lifetime duration. However long that might be. In the way of food, not even ready for the LDS one year famine. More like weeks or possibly months.

I've been a keeper of emergency supplies since the 1970's. Back then, Preppers were called Survivalists. All along, my wife has thought I'm crazy on this issue. "Nothing is gonna happen." I sure hope it doesn't.

Same here, the older a person gets, the less they are able. And care less. The survivors of the SHTF scenarios are likely to be young and vigorous, like the kids on "Red Dawn."

The older they get the more likely they are this guy?

63046443-19E6-49F0-B520-1AA1EDD52F46.gif

bbbass and I are on the same page.

Given the candle is flickering, why endure the horror and effort of living a grisly/foul life if ever we're plummeted into a Mad Max world?

yeah, yeah, preppers would like it, until they didn't...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top